Man shot dead during boxing weigh in (Dublin)

Couple of pics caught of the shooters.

sp.jpg

scene.PNG

Miserable? Why because I'm currently doing research for a book about drug traffickers in the UK and Ireland?

Really? I've been reading about Irish crime since PJ Judge and when Paul Williams worked for the Sunday World. Always was interested on reading about criminal gangs in the UK. Read mainly about the Adams family in London, Jamaican drug traffickers and Turkish gangs being the main players supplying drugs in the area.

Anything you can say about what you might be covering in more detail? Cheers.

sp.jpg

scene.PNG

Really? I've been reading about Irish crime since PJ Judge and when Paul Williams worked for the Sunday World. Always was interested on reading about criminal gangs in the UK. Read mainly about the Adams family in London, Jamaican drug traffickers and Turkish gangs being the main players supplying drugs in the area.

I'm focusing on the Ireland/UK connection and the Hunts in canning town London. Bigger than the Adams family according to police and criminal sources. It's actually my brother who is writing the book I'm just helping with the research.

sp.jpg

scene.PNG

PJ was a crazy fucker by all accounts, he was shot whilst sitting next to Marlo Hylands sister if I remember correctly.

Reports out of Dublin are suggesting one of the hit men from Friday also killed Eamonn the don Dunne.

Last edited:
I'm focusing on the Ireland/UK connection and the Hunts in canning town London. Bigger than the Adams family according to police and criminal sources. It's actually my brother who is writing the book I'm just helping with the research.

Nice one. David Hunt's nickname is the 'Long Fella' Hmmm, they must have Irish roots?

Yeah, there was also early reports that one or two of the hitmen could've being from the UK. What I thought was telling was the Gardai saying they had no knowledge in advance there might be something planned. Either their intel/informants weren't on the ball or they just didn't anticipate the shooting happening with a lot of innocent folk around.

I read Judge was alone in his car outside a pub when he got shot but you could be right. They're both from Finglas and Hyland was one of his apprentices at the time when he was on the rampage.

Yeah and it was the Kinahans who supposedly used the hitman to shoot Dunne. They'd shoot their own Mother's in the back if they were offered a decent amount of money. That area of Dublin; Finglas, Cabra and other places nearby they all grew up beside one another.

There was a fella called 'Mr Big' who was running amok for a while out of Coolock, but he has Guards driving around the area he lives, or had for a while. He was the one involved in Alan Ryan's shooting. Could be here all day talking about the last 2-3 years of shootings in Dublin!

Nice one. David Hunt's nickname is the 'Long Fella' Hmmm, they must have Irish roots?

Yeah, there was also early reports that one or two of the hitmen could've being from the UK. What I thought was telling was the Gardai saying they had no knowledge in advance there might be something planned. Either their intel/informants weren't on the ball or they just didn't anticipate the shooting happening with a lot of innocent folk around.

I read Judge was alone in his car outside a pub when he got shot but you could be right. They're both from Finglas and Hyland was one of his apprentices at the time when he was on the rampage.

Yeah and it was the Kinahans who supposedly used the hitman to shoot Dunne. They'd shoot their own Mother's in the back if they were offered a decent amount of money. That area of Dublin; Finglas, Cabra and other places nearby they all grew up beside one another.

There was a fella called 'Mr Big' who was running amok for a while out of Coolock, but he has Guards driving around the area he lives, or had for a while. He was the one involved in Alan Ryan's shooting. Could be here all day talking about the last 2-3 years of shootings in Dublin!

The kinihans seriously underestimated the monk that's for sure.

The kinihans seriously underestimated the monk that's for sure.

You probably read it, but supposedly they reached out to Hutch to explain why they shot his nephew and he didn't want to know about it. Then it came out that associates of his nephew were looking to hit back - not that you'd need to be a clairvoyant to know something was going to happen - but Hutch didn't want to get involved.

That's all paper talk, but Hutch was similar to Cahill in that he was more into robberies and staying out of the drug dealing side of crime and not stepping on the toes of the lunatics who are solely in to drug dealing. He paid the CAB the bill he was ordered to and has been 'retired' for a while. He's obviously a smart bloke, how many high profile gangsters that are given monikers by the papers live till their mid 50s.

You probably read it, but supposedly they reached out to Hutch to explain why they shot his nephew and he didn't want to know about it. Then it came out that associates of his nephew were looking to hit back - not that you'd need to be a clairvoyant to know something was going to happen - but Hutch didn't want to get involved.

That's all paper talk, but Hutch was similar to Cahill in that he was more into robberies and staying out of the drug dealing side of crime and not stepping on the toes of the lunatics who are solely in to drug dealing. He paid the CAB the bill he was ordered to and has been 'retired' for a while. He's obviously a smart bloke, how many high profile gangsters that are given monikers by the papers live till their mid 50s.

He may be 'retired' but somebody killing your nephew is the type of thing that gets you involved again. As for not meeting the kinihans? That was probably a set up, as you say hutch is a smart guy so he didn't fall for it.

He may be 'retired' but somebody killing your nephew is the type of thing that gets you involved again. As for not meeting the kinihans? That was probably a set up, as you say hutch is a smart guy so he didn't fall for it.

No, I thought the same about how shit might hit the fan when it's his nephew being killed. I thought the Kinahan's inviting him to listen to their explanation of why they killed him was some sort of gesture of respect for Hutch. Even if any of this is true, I'd imagine Hutch would have a few friends going along with him.

I reckon there'll be someone else from the Kinahan gang or has links with them will be shot by the end of the week and a lot of them will scarper abroad. They don't want all this publcity - supposedly that was the reason Dunne was shot because he was ordering killings too often and bringing too much attention on himself and gangsters around the city in general.

No, I thought the same about how shit might hit the fan when it's his nephew being killed. I thought the Kinahan's inviting him to listen to their explanation of why they killed him was some sort of gesture of respect for Hutch. Even if any of this is true, I'd imagine Hutch would have a few friends going along with him.

I reckon there'll be someone else from the Kinahan gang or has links with them will be shot by the end of the week and a lot of them will scarper abroad. They don't want all this publcity - supposedly that was the reason Dunne was shot because he was ordering killings too often and bringing too much attention on himself and gangsters around the city in general.

Pals of hutch tried to kill liam roe last month but the gun jammed. He's a cousin of Freddie Thompson.

Pals of hutch tried to kill liam roe last month but the gun jammed. He's a cousin of Freddie Thompson.

I read about that. But he and his close pals are still part of the Crumlin/Drimnagh feud from years ago - I thought that's what that was.

The rumour was Kavanagh's father and uncle were shot by the Kinahan's and he's managed by his son.

I read about that. But he and his close pals are still part of the Crumlin/Drimnagh feud from years ago - I thought that's what that was.

The rumour was Kavanagh's father and uncle were shot by the Kinahan's and he's managed by his son.

I believe roe was targeted for his kinihan connection more than the crumlin/drimnagh fued, the kav's I'm 100% sure they were killed by the kinihans.

Interesting, I wonder if the Continuity were bank rolled for this job, or simply haven't been paid what they felt they were due by those running drugs into Dublin.

Interesting, I wonder if the Continuity were bank rolled for this job, or simply haven't been paid what they felt they were due by those running drugs into Dublin.

It's my belief that this was probably not the work of the continuity IRA but the work of Gary Hutch's allies, were they helped by the continuity? There's a damn good chance given the Monks connections with them.

I think there is also a wider, more concerted effort by several gangs to overthrow the kinihan cartel. Lots of top criminals in Dublin resent a rich fucker sitting in his mansion ordering hits on the streets of Dublin, while they take all the risks making him a billionaire.

Word is John Cunningham and George Mitchell are getting pissed off with the younger kinihans being flash, if those two turn on them then the kinihans really are fucked.

George Mitchell in his younger days :)
article-2015630-0D0AD3B200000578-260_233x387.jpg

Last edited:
I believe roe was targeted for his kinihan connection more than the crumlin/drimnagh fued, the kav's I'm 100% sure they were killed by the kinihans.

Very strange Kavanagh is still being managed by the son - you couldn't write that in Love/Hate.

Someone shot tonight in Dublin.

Last edited:
Very strange Kavanagh is still being managed by the son - you couldn't write that in Love/Hate.

Someone shot tonight in Dublin.

Apparently a friend of the Hutch's, instant retaliation.

Edit. It's his brother.

Last edited:
Shot dead and body still at the scene, think the Gardai will be having a busy Spring.

Back