Man shot dead during boxing weigh in (Dublin)

Don't fuck with the monk, he wasn't going to take this lying down.

In all seriousness the Kinihan crew are probably the biggest drug traffickers in northern Europe, they are very dangerous people but it was only a matter of time before a event associated with them had something like this happen.

It's terrible for boxing to have people like Christy Jr and Daniel Kinihan as promotors or gym owners. The kid who was weighing in had his dad and uncle killed by this mob of nutters

In all seriousness the Kinihan crew are probably the biggest drug traffickers in northern Europe, they are very dangerous people but it was only a
It's terrible for boxing to have people like Christy Jr and Daniel Kinihan as promotors or gym owners. The kid who was weighing in had his dad and uncle killed by this mob of nutters
not normally into reading about 'gangster shite'....so I've never actually heard of this gang.....did they co exist during the times of the 'troubles' up North or are the old members of 'the cause' who have redirected their energies to drugs and guns ?

also why would a decent enough to be Pro....not make an excuse to leave a gangster owned gym and move to England ?

In all seriousness the Kinihan crew are probably the biggest drug traffickers in northern Europe, they are very dangerous people but it was only a matter of time before a event associated with them had something like this happen.

Sadly this won't be the end of it, but hopefully boxing won't be further involved in their feud.

not normally into reading about 'gangster shite'....so I've never actually heard of this gang.....did they co exist during the times of the 'troubles' up North or are the old members of 'the cause' who have redirected their energies to drugs and guns ?

also why would a decent enough to be Pro....not make an excuse to leave a gangster owned gym and move to England ?

The guy who got shot was fat Freddie Thompson's cousin and worked for the Kinihans. The kinihans are led by Christy Snr who is a former smack head turned international drug smuggler, they have links to IRA but still pay them money to operate.

Jamie Moore was shot because he was staying at their house in marbella and the gun man shot the wrong dude. Then they shot Gary Hutch who's uncle is Gerry 'the monk' Hutch and Gerry is a real legend in Ireland with numerous links to the provos, so revenge was always going to be swift.

Dublin is a powder keg atm with various gangs who are armed to the teeth with everything from glocks to rpg's, look up the gangland shooting stats for Dublin in the last 15 years and you will be amazed at how violent these guys are.

I'm guessing the kid didn't leave the gym because he doesn't want to die the same way as his uncle and dad.

As for whether they were a part of the cause I'd say no, not at all but they do use former ira hit teams.

Last edited:
david-byrne.jpg
David Byrne who was killed at the weigh in.
I141120_163942_1870036oTextCS_68864889.jpg
Christy Kinihan.

gerry_hutch_2006_03_25.jpg
Gerry hutch with HW Joe Egan.

Screen-Shot-2015-09-25-at-19.07.03-300x160.png
Gary Hutch.
I150207_164646_1305494oTextCS_76631444.jpg
Fat Freddie Thompson

Last edited:
It's pretty well documented what the MGM gym in Marbella is and who's behind it, yet you have Boxnation promoting events with them, IFL TV's videos plastered with the logo, and British boxers still going over there even after what happened with Jamie Moore.

It's pretty well documented what the MGM gym in Marbella is and who's behind it, yet you have Boxnation promoting events with them, IFL TV's videos plastered with the logo, and British boxers still going over there even after what happened with Jamie Moore.

Well Frank Warren has always been a shady fucker as was his old man so him being involved with them makes sense :).

Anyone with any sense would keep away from MGM. These guys are not just a little dodgy they are killers.

Well Frank Warren has always been a shady fucker as was his old man so him being involved with them makes sense :).

Anyone with any sense would keep away from MGM. These guys are not just a little dodgy they are killers.

Don't know anything about Frank Warren's dad, but I know he was shot by one of his former fighters (allegedly.)

Warrens dad was a old school bookie, and general gangster. I think lennie McLean was his cousin although I may be mistaken about that one. I know Frank was McLeans promoter. His uncle was part of mad Frankie Fraziers gang.

Last edited:
Also got to state I met Joe Egan and he was a top bloke, and don't want peeps to think he's involved in this.

Also got to state I met Joe Egan and he was a top bloke, and don't want peeps to think he's involved in this.

I've only ever heard good things about Joe, it has nothing to do with him he's just friends with Gerry Hutch. I feel quite sorry for Hutch he retired years ago and even most police seem to respect him. They always describe him as a 'ordinary decent criminal' and now he's being dragged back into it all. I guess crime never pays unless you're a banker!

so guns are prevalent in Dublin?

Fuck yes. Not just guns either, RPGs, pipe bombs, C4 claymores........lots of weapons stashed fell into criminal hands after the peace deal. The amount of gangland murders in Dublin in the past 15/20 years is mind blowing.

I suggest googling the crumlin/drimnagh fued and also the westies, Marlo Hyland, Eamon Dunne for some interesting reading. Also the rebublican guys are known to kill dealers who are too big for their boots.

David Byrne was shot? From the Talking Heads? Man, that sucks. I thought he was the psycho killer. I wonder why his giant suit did not protect him.

image.jpeg

What a bunch of miserable people in this thread.

Pretty chilling watching that video.

What a bunch of miserable people in this thread.

Pretty chilling watching that video.

Miserable? Why because I'm currently doing research for a book about drug traffickers in the UK and Ireland?

Miserable? Why because I'm currently doing research for a book about drug traffickers in the UK and Ireland?
Not so much you, or this page of posts. It was a lot worse on the first page with people cracking jokes, turning into a black and white thing and making it political with phrases like "libtards".

Back