Make no mistake, Cormier knows he would lose to Stipe

he was gassed cause Francis is 270 facking pounds. DC is gasses in championship rounds. See his Jones 1.

DC has terrible striking defense and is slower than Stipe and Stipe will snap his head all over the place.

Francis is 270 and can't grapple. At. All. DC would pressure from the opening bell.

Stipe gassed before the championship rounds against a guy with zero grappling that threw 10 punches the entire fight. Stipe is a great fighter but he isn't a cardio machine. I'm not sure how that can be disputed.

Stipe gets hit, a lot. Almost zero head movement and he moves in and out on a straight line.

How you can watch either of them fight and think Stipe is faster is mind boggling. Fast hands have always been one of Cormier's assets.

Francis is 270 and can't grapple. At. All. DC would pressure from the opening bell.

Stipe gassed before the championship rounds against a guy with zero grappling that threw 10 punches the entire fight. Stipe is a great fighter but he isn't a cardio machine. I'm not sure how that can be disputed.

Stipe gets hit, a lot. Almost zero head movement and he moves in and out on a straight line.

How you can watch either of them fight and think Stipe is faster is mind boggling. Fast hands have always been one of Cormier's assets.
Cormier will meet similar ends as his fights against Jones. DC's wrestling would be neutralized and will get outboxed and possibly knocked out by the golden gloves champ.

There are WORLDS of difference between Stipe's wrestling and DCs

Theres levels to that shit.

Going 0-2 in the NCAA tournament is not in the same league as international and olympic level experience.
lol DC had nothing for jon jones wrestling. theres levels to this shit and stipe is a world class elite fighter. that shit works when youre talking about volkan or rumble. it doesnt work on jon jones or stipe, they are on that level.
Cormier matches up so well with stipe it’s ridiculous. The only thing Stipe has an advantage in his overall frame and power. Dc, frankly, would dominate stipe imo
and boxing...footwork...overall striking.....speed....

lmao stipe would make cormier look soooo bad on his feet

Cormier will meet similar ends as his fights against Jones. DC's wrestling would be neutralized and will get outboxed and possibly knocked out by the golden gloves champ.

Jones fights nothing, and I mean nothing, like Stipe. Who is the last elite wrestler that tried to take Stipe down? I'll wait.

Make no mistake, DC probably isn't ever losing to anyone that isn't named Jon Jones.

Dc would need a year to bulk back up as he took alot of time to cut down to LHW.. I think that he would still be competitive now.

I'm not even saying DC would win but people referencing his Jones fight as evidence he would lose have no idea what they are talking about. Jones and Stipe aren't even remotely similar fighters and although I would root for Stipe in a fight with Jon I would pick Jones to beat Stipe at HW 10 out of 10 times and I don't think it would be any more competitive than his fights with Cormier.

Make no mistake, Cormier knows he would lose to Stipe too. The Cain excuse works as a convenient cover for this fact. Let's just be honest, that is all.

Well this video is another example of why the DC vs Stipe talk should end.

3:10

Didn't know turning 40 would suddenly make you weaker.

Like if I'm 39 years and 364 days old I should be like fucking worried I can't even lift myself off the bed the next day.

Thats not what I said.

DC could toss any fighter not names Jones and maybe Cain. Stipe's cardio looked terrible last fight. If you don't think DC has a chance, you are a moron! The guy looked more dominant at HW then LHW

Unfortunate its easier to kose muscle thsn to gain it back the older you get.

LHW 39 year old DC can't magically return to the really strong HW cornier of 5 years ago.

Cormier is smaller now then when he was a HW.

His traps are a dead giveaway at how much smaller he is now.

Cormier admitted that HWs are too big for him now. He isnt hiding that fact.

At his age and with no TRT ... i doubt he can ever regain the size and strength he use to have anymore before his 40th birthday.

I don't know why people around here think you can be a super hero at age 40.

Fighters get into that 37-38 range and then seem to suddenly - almost overnight - go to shit. DC looked great on his last outing against a green fighter, but that shit isn't going to work against Stipe and he'll be at a very real size & strength disadvantage.

Are you muppets forgetting that DC destroyed a 16-2 Bigfoot in only his 9th MMA fight? Id put money on DC vs Stipe.

I like DC, but he can't hang with Stipe on the feet, and doesn't have enough of a wrestling advantage to win on the ground either. DC really would have no chance. Stipe's gameplan would be to box, and use wrestling to keep standing. Game over.

DC has had 20 fights and hung with every opponent standing, and Stipe is no better striker than a number of them.

I disagree. DC's striking is basic at best. Like most AKA products, he relies on his power and the threat of his wrestling to create opportunities. It is not a coincidence that Cain, Khabib, DC and Rockhold are all accomplished grapplers with one or two things they do competently on their feet. But if you can negate the grappling and force them into striking exchanges, they are all incredibly exploitable. DC is no exception.

Yes that's why DC stood for 5 rounds with Jones and was unmarked in their first fight and was winning stand up in the second fight until he made a mistake, and why he had a 5 round stand up war with Gus, and made hamburger of his face and won the fight. Both were half a foot taller as well. I could go on and on, destroyed TRT bigfoot standing, but you are clueless even comparing his striking to the rest of his team mates. He has clearly better hands than all of them, and has proved it. he might be a wrestler but he is actually a natural puncher.

Eh... Maybe. I see that as a very close fight. A pick em almost.

I like DC, but he can't hang with Stipe on the feet, and doesn't have enough of a wrestling advantage to win on the ground either. DC really would have no chance. Stipe's gameplan would be to box, and use wrestling to keep standing. Game over.
DC is better everywhere. If he can out-strike Gus, he can out strike Stipe IMO.

The wrestling is a no brainer. an average NCAA guy gets handled by an Olympic medalist all day. Stipe would be lucky to have 15lbs on DC in a HW fight. That's not even close to what it would take to close the gap. DC controls where the fight goes despite being smaller just like Cain will

Yes, Jones somewhat out wrestled DC in the first fight, but only after DC started to gas. Stipe has good cardio, but he doesn't have that type of cardio. Jones is also visibly a much better wrestler than Stipe. He doesn't have the pedigree that DC has because he got into the fight game very young. Had Jones focused solely on wrestling, he would have at least been a very successful division 1 guy, which Stipe was not.

DC has had 20 fights and hung with every opponent standing, and Stipe is no better striker than a number of them.

His string of KO and TKO wins would suggest otherwise.

Back