Make no mistake, Cormier knows he would lose to Stipe

Cormier's terrible history as a HW definitely backs this thesis up.
We know he beat Barnett and Big Country and 2nd tier guys sure. Stipe is much better than most of is opponents.

Plus at Cormiers current level, age he wants no part of Stipe.

I still thinks he gets him down enough and holds him there (stays active) for a decision victory.

I like DC, but he can't hang with Stipe on the feet, and doesn't have enough of a wrestling advantage to win on the ground either. DC really would have no chance. Stipe's gameplan would be to box, and use wrestling to keep standing. Game over.

DC could toss any fighter not names Jones and maybe Cain. Stipe's cardio looked terrible last fight. If you don't think DC has a chance, you are a moron! The guy looked more dominant at HW then LHW

Stipe gassed controlling a HUGE HW. DC is not close to the size of Francis. I don’t see Stipe gassing like that against DC.

It is a million times harder and more tiring to grapple with DC then Ngannou.

If BJ Penn can bulk up to 200Lbs and fight Lyoto Machida I think DC can bulk up and fight at Heavy and fight anybody well. Fighters today are so damn concerned with a career they forget to fight, i miss watching fighters become legends.

I like Cormier's chances. Man, him becoming a two division champ while Jones is suspended, would drive Jones fan insane. And I'd love every fucking second of it<JonesLaugh>

DC is a bad matchup for Stipe. Better cardio, better wrestler, better striker and faster. Stipe can’t take him down and they both have granite chins. Easy decision for DC.

Jones and DC are the two baddest men on the planet and would beat everyone at HW.

I sure would love to see that fight, I like both guys.

DC is a lot smaller and slower than Stipe and his wrestling isn't exactly overbearing enough against another wrestler like Stipe.

Cormier today is also for my money not as good physically as he was vs Barnett, a good deal slower now.

A lot of f***ing psychics in this thread. Who the f**k knows who wouldn win, but it would be a good fight.

At this point Stipe has the power and size advantage. Technical striking is about equal, as is cardio. Cormier definitely has the wrestling, clinch work, and grappling advantage.

DC is a beast at HW. It'd be a hard fight but he could certainly win.

DC would get TKOed. How many clean shots did he take from Volkan before he could complete a TD? Miocic would tee off on him.

Stipe's wrestling isn't that good. We haven't really seen him fight a legit wrestler. DC trains with better wrestlers than Stipe regularly.
I think DC > Stipe at wrestling, but that Stipe has more than enough not to be held down. That's why I think he would use wrestling defensively, and keep the fight standing.

they should have a TRT division for older fighters. maybe two divisions. Under 180 and above 180. that way we could watch these guys fight into their 50s and 60s because of the benefits TRT gives to ageing men.

Add a hall of fame division so old guys like Dan Severn, Ken Shamrock, Kimo, and Royce can come back.

Cormier's terrible history as a HW definitely backs this thesis up.

Bigfoot, Barbett, Nelson and and Mir are not as good as Stipe.

Stipe is bigger Gus, with better boxing and with much better wrestling.

DC was undefeated at HW and moving down to LHW before Stipe was even on the radar.

Real talk, I take DC in this fight

I don't, although I can respect someone who would pick DC. The fact is that DC might be undefeated at heavyweight, but he never beat a good wrestler who could punch worth a damn. His best HW wins are Nelson, Mir and Barnett; elite grapplers, but shitty wrestlers with striking which is basic at best.

Stipe takes DC's lunch money. A better striker who has size and weight on DC and who has no reason to fear DC's wrestling. He takes the fight easy.

A lot of f***ing psychics in this thread. Who the f**k knows who wouldn win, but it would be a good fight.

At this point Stipe has the power and size advantage. Technical striking is about equal, as is cardio. Cormier definitely has the wrestling, clinch work, and grappling advantage.

I disagree. DC's striking is basic at best. Like most AKA products, he relies on his power and the threat of his wrestling to create opportunities. It is not a coincidence that Cain, Khabib, DC and Rockhold are all accomplished grapplers with one or two things they do competently on their feet. But if you can negate the grappling and force them into striking exchanges, they are all incredibly exploitable. DC is no exception.

I have no idea why people are sleeping on Stipe because he had an adrenaline dump in a 5 round fight against a guy who outweighed him by 30-40 lbs. It's not like he has gassed that way in his 5 rounders against JDS or Hunt.

Back