Make no mistake, Cormier knows he would lose to Stipe

machidafan99

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Make no mistake, Cormier knows he would lose to Stipe too. The Cain excuse works as a convenient cover for this fact. Let's just be honest, that is all.

Cormier's terrible history as a HW definitely backs this thesis up.

DC was undefeated at HW and moving down to LHW before Stipe was even on the radar.

Real talk, I take DC in this fight

DC cuts unhealthy amounts of weight, and still looks like a Mother Fucker at LHW. He'd out cardio, and grapple Stipe.

Cormier is smaller now then when he was a HW.

His traps are a dead giveaway at how much smaller he is now.

Cormier admitted that HWs are too big for him now. He isnt hiding that fact.

At his age and with no TRT ... i doubt he can ever regain the size and strength he use to have anymore before his 40th birthday.

I like DC, but he can't hang with Stipe on the feet, and doesn't have enough of a wrestling advantage to win on the ground either. DC really would have no chance. Stipe's gameplan would be to box, and use wrestling to keep standing. Game over.

He killed a 280 lb giant in Big Foot and suplexed Barnett and was like "man I just can't hang with these guys!" He could hang and could win the championship and I think he knows it.

Last edited:
I like DC, but he can't hang with Stipe on the feet, and doesn't have enough of a wrestling advantage to win on the ground either. DC really would have no chance. Stipe's gameplan would be to box, and use wrestling to keep standing. Game over.
Stipe's wrestling isn't that good. We haven't really seen him fight a legit wrestler. DC trains with better wrestlers than Stipe regularly.

they should have a TRT division for older fighters. maybe two divisions. Under 180 and above 180. that way we could watch these guys fight into their 50s and 60s because of the benefits TRT gives to ageing men.

DC is an amazing fighter, but I don’t see him being able to take on Stipe for 5 rounds. Stipe hits hard and is a big dude, people aren’t giving Francis enough credit for taking those shots. Stipe just has too much size and strength. Stipe gassed controlling a HUGE HW. DC is not close to the size of Francis. I don’t see Stipe gassing like that against DC.

Stipe takes it.

DC said Stipe was to big and had no interest in that fight. He's thinking about Gus & Jones

Now this is a "Super-Fight" I wouldn't mind. Cormier was awesome at Heavyweight. Stipe is awesome at Heavyweight. Dana has a year to make us happy... :)

100% true

Stipe is truly the baddest man on the planet

Anybody, anywhere, anytime, Stipe is gonna win

I think Stipe has too much for him at this point, but I think it could be competitive while it lasts.

He's much smaller than he used to be. HW DC was extremely thick.
daniel-cormier-2.jpg

Silva-Cormier-Strikeforce-0911-4358.jpg

Would probably be difficult to return to his HW size, and at his age I'm not sure if he has the same kind of athleticism.

DC most likely beats Stipe everywhere, especially the grappling. Stipe is tough and would make it a good fight, but would lose by late sub.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back