Maia Respect Wagon thread

I'm always rooting for Maia. Still hoping he'll get in the TS picture again.

He had his epic match with MacDonald right after that one. Still one of my favorite grappling matches in MMA.

That is such an underrated fight. Maia also delivered one of my all time favorite ground dominations in his fight against Gunnar. I've never seen Maia look better than he did in that fight against Gunnar -- he went hard for three rounds straight and dished out brutal ground and pound throughout the whole fight, something he doesn't do very often.

Last edited:
I cannot respect a man who has done this. Worse acting than Ronda. Literally.

You think that's bad , check out Turkish acting

FEjo69d.gif

Much respect to Maia. If he only had some decent striking skills he could have been a champion and had a bigger fanbase.

He had his epic match with MacDonald right after that one. Still one of my favorite grappling matches in MMA.

I watched it yesterday, it was brilliant, i'd forgotten how long Macdonald resisted that triangle in the first. Had Demian neck a few times too.

Thanks to all who have added to this Thread of respect .
it's brought back a lot of great memories .
200.gif

Thanks to all who have added to this Thread of respect .
it's brought back a lot of great memories .
200.gif

First round had a standing ovation as well. Also the way Maia wrapped that triangle had his right arm clamped the whole time with the left overhook.

Also annoyingly i made my bets last night for this fight.

So £50 would give me £225 back.

If i had waited till today i would have gotten odds that would have gave me £275

Went from 7/2 to 9/2.

The worst decision i made was having this site open while betting watching the Macedo gif and off the strength of that gif putting her in a double with maia and slapping £10 on it.

Also notice how Maia at 40 always makes weight even for short-notice events.

Gotta love Maia as a competitor, professional and person. He’s a genuine good guy playing the same game as savage killers, and with decent success. Major respect.

Maia and Lyoto are probably the truest martial artists in the UFC right now in terms of their entire mentalities. Always a fan.

IN

40 y.o. getting in the cage with "top killers"

who did the fight go last night?

giphy.gif

Back