Media Magomed Ankalaev KO Johnny Walker GIFS

Johnny really needs to fight at HW... He clearly doesnt have a chin at 205 and the weight cut is the reason... Johnny needs to embrace his size and go to HW .. he's still really young no need for weight cuts when your that size...

250lbs Walker is a problem for the HW division IMO .. its now or never TBH...i dont think he can get the strap at 205, this is like his 3rd try to crack the top of the division..

Just heal up, pack on the size and come to HW ...he had no real business at 205 in the first place dudes a thick tree of a man

Fun is good but Walker goofs around too much. That nose gonna take some time.

It's hard to build a reputation as a guy who casually knocks out top fighters when they keep knocking your ass out.

lol at the 44% that picked Walker. Have you seen him fight before?

AA is literally the ONLY fighter to recover from a totally shot chin, imo. And at HW, ffs. But that’s a 1/100000 kind of thing.

Walker does NOT have the chin to garner a TS. Or chin enough to win a title fight.

AA is literally the ONLY fighter to recover from a totally shot chin, imo. And at HW, ffs. But that’s a 1/100000 kind of thing.

Walker does NOT have the chin to garner a TS. Or chin enough to win a title fight.
Its not just the chin that is the problem. He is not good enough a striker to go toe to toe with Ankalev so he had to do alot of spinny shit from the outside to try and get inside,and we saw he could only really do that for a round or so before he got tired and had to fight him normal,and predictably thats when Ankalev had already taken the fight over,and knocked him out pretty easily.

Not impressed. Walker not very good competition; had a draw with Jan. This sheepherder will lose to Alex.

Had a draw with Jan after he got injured ***

Jan who also went to split dec with Poatan after 3 rds.

Like I said in the other thread these polls are popularity contests & people voting who they want to win more than anything.

Switch out Johnny Walker's name for Sam Alvey & he'd still get 44% vs Ankalaev lol. <Lmaoo>

Had a draw with Jan after he got injured ***

Jan who also went to split dec with Poatan after 3 rds.
Yeah, they are a study in mediocrity that lack any real greatness, but Alex could be great if he got better at grappling.

Yeah, they are a study in mediocrity that lack any real greatness, but Alex could be great if he got better at grappling.
None of the three fighters are mediocre. Jan is getting up there in age though.

None of the three fighters are mediocre. Jan is getting up there in age though.
Yeah, we disagree on this one; they are mediocre for a title picture is what I meant. I am absolutely not impressed with these guys and think they would tank if anyone great came along. Glover and Jan were able to hang on way longer than they should have because of lack of competition, and IMO some of the fights have been technically horrendous. The Jiri/Glover fight looked like a couple of awkward drunks outside of a pub. But again, I'm optimistic about Alex.

Yeah, we disagree on this one; they are mediocre for a title picture is what I meant. I am absolutely not impressed with these guys and think they would tank if anyone great came along. Glover and Jan were able to hang on way longer than they should have because of lack of competition, and IMO some of the fights have been technically horrendous. The Jiri/Glover fight looked like a couple of awkward drunks outside of a pub. But again, I'm optimistic about Alex.
The general problem is the greats of the LHW div left before facing any of these guys and the div has to be built up again. I think Jiri,Jan,Rakic,basically the top 5,6 fighters are all very good,but because they never fought the likes of Jones, DC,Rumble etc,the big names,they dont get the same respect. Sure Jan is up there in age but he was till competitive with Poatan. The skills shouldnt be underestimated just because on a first gaze no ones got the big wins from the older generation.

Back