Lyoto Machida: I know how to beat Chris Weidman

I don't get why Machida is over a 2:1 dog in this. Stylistically he's a wild card against any fighter. If he can't get the KO he'll dance around for 25 mins for a decision.

Kick him in the head. Let's hope his leg doesn't snap in half on Weidmans head.

dont get close to the chris or it might end badly

Even if Chris had two conventional wins agains the champ, he still hasn't proven effective against a wide variety of elite fighters to warrent the betting lines. Putting money on machida the former lhw champ,wrestler killer, with a style unlike any other, would be wise decision here.

Machida is superior in every aspect of mma. Machida via anything he wants.

If Weidman gets past Machida, it's my opinion that he's not going to lose for some time. There are lots of other incredible fighters in his division but nobody presents as many problems as Machida.

Even if Chris had two conventional wins agains the champ, he still hasn't proven effective against a wide variety of elite fighters to warrent the betting lines. Putting money on machida the former lhw champ,wrestler killer, with a style unlike any other, would be wise decision here.

A knockout isn't a conventional win?

No, it wasn't!

You're right, Machida obviously beat Davis. That fight was an actual robbery. I'm not one to call fights robbery's but that was just a horrendous example of judging. Davis looked like he had no idea what was going on for 75-90% of every round.

Gosh I really hate how people still downplay Weidman's wins over Anderson.

Yes he was clowning. Yes he got injured in the second fight. But holy fuck Weidman was the one that did that to him and he has fully demonstrated that he is simply the superior MMA fighter.

I think Weidman is much too skilled and tough to be kayoed by Machida.

But I also think Machida poses problems for Weidman that Anderson didn't and although I have a lot of faith in Weidman and I actually hope he wins, I'm picking Machida to win a decision and for Sherdog to cry many tears over it.

well, Weidman is an obvious favorite.

but with him being - like many noticed - untested in many respects (didn't face that many DIFFERENT styles of top fighters), and Machida being the type of a fighter who can beat (and lose to) almost anybody, Weidman coming back in after 2 knee surgeries, and more than 2 to 1 odds...

betting wise: Machida all the way. the odds are too good to miss.

It's not conventional to ko a clowning opponent.

Do you realize how dumb that sounds?? It's as conventional as when a clowning fighter KO's someone which is what Silva did and you guys declare him a MMA Matrix Ninja god.

SILVA TAUNTS, CLOWNS AND DOMINATES BONNAR WITH EASE EN ROUTE TO 1ST ROUND TKO

After just 4 minutes and 40 seconds, UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva barely broke a sweat as he taunted, clowned, and dominated challenger Stephan Bonnar with ease en route to a 1st round TKO

The betting lines give a good indication of Chris' chances.

Back