Lyoto Machida: I know how to beat Chris Weidman

Machida is going to beat him

Machida is superior in every aspect of mma. Machida via anything he wants.

Only Machida's wrestling and BJJ is better than weidman. Also he has a reach and strength advantage.

But weidman is faster and more elusive. They don't call weidman the dragon for nothing.

Defend yourself at all times.

The question is not whether he won, the question is... was the way he won a fluke.
A win should be meaningless as it applies to the betting lines, if it's flukey.

If Weidman gets past Machida, it's my opinion that he's not going to lose for some time. There are lots of other incredible fighters in his division but nobody presents as many problems as Machida.

The MW division as a whole is a LOT better now than it was while Anderson was champ so I'm not sure about that but I agree Machida is probably the most dangerous overall. I always thought he could have beaten Anderson.

Do you realize how dumb that sounds?? It's as conventional as when a clowning fighter KO's someone which is what Silva did and you guys declare him a MMA Matrix Ninja god.

SILVA TAUNTS, CLOWNS AND DOMINATES BONNAR WITH EASE EN ROUTE TO 1ST ROUND TKO

The betting lines give a good indication of Chris' chances.

Do you realize how dumb ^ sounds. The question is not whether silva taunts and clowns his opponents, it's whether it costs him or anyone regularly. The betting lines are based on two hyped up wins. A flukey punch and a flukey leg break. A person would be wise to bet on Machida with those odds.

i would bet on Machida. got finish twice by Shogun brutally, choked out by Jones brutally too.
never bet against an undefeated fighter.

i see Weidman is fighting too smart like Jones, he probably have even better IQ than Jones as Jones the better MMA fighters for being variety in skills.
Weidman has never been beaten badly by anyone.

i see Weidman decision Machida by taken Machida down a few time for the win.
Machida probably fighting smarter now so it's harder to chase after him but when pressuring Machida, he likely get finish.

Machida will do his typical jazz hands routine, trying to bait Weidman into coming forward and then he'll quick jab or throw a kick and then dance around the octagon for the rest of the round.

Weidman just needs to keep the same game plan he had against Silva. Don't follow Machida around and force Machida to fight.

Only Machida's wrestling and BJJ is better than weidman. Also he has a reach and strength advantage.

But weidman is faster and more elusive. They don't call weidman the dragon for nothing.
You're saying Macheetah has better wrestiling than the Wideman?

Do you realize how dumb ^ sounds. The question is not whether silva taunts and clowns his opponents, it's whether it costs him or anyone regularly. The betting lines are based on two hyped up wins. A flukey punch and a flukey leg break. A person would be wise to bet on Machida with those odds.
Gtocha,
Sliva clowns and wins he's GOAT
Silva clowns and gets his head dribbled off the mat he wasn't serious

I highly doubt that.

Machida's chances at beating Chris are like A.Silva's chances. Lyoto will hesitate using kicks, going to the ground, hit and run, and the clinch. So, what's left is the Crane kick, his only chance that's if Weidman somehow doesn't brake his foot!

Machida wins a relatively easy TKO victory in the 2nd or 3rd when Weidman gets sloppy trying to shoot for the TD and the Dragon catches him.

Weidman's ball washers here on Sherdog will wonder what ever possessed them to deem a guy with 11 pro fights an MMA god in the first place.

You're saying Macheetah has better wrestiling than the Wideman?

He clearly got the names mixed up seeing as he called Weidman the dragon.

Anyway, Weidman seems to slow down after the first rd so I hope we get to see how he does in the later rds.

I think everyone is leaning too heavy on Machida's fancy KOs and ignoring his many recent uneventful wins/losses.

Mousasi/Machida was nothing to write home about, he had some good flurries, but nothing to be scared of. Machida couldn't get his striking going against Davis and lost. He had a split win against Hendo. He got tangled up and submitted by an elite wrestler in Jones.

Weidman has better wrestling than Davis (I'M NOT SAYING HE'S BETTER- but his wrestling is more on par with Jones). He has the length of a LHW. His submission game, including his standing guillotine, is very similar to Jones. Plus, he's very well coached and won't make dumb mistakes, which a lot of his opponents seem to make. Plus, he is no slouch in the striking department, using his distance and timing better than most.

I'm not writing Machida off, but people are forgetting Machida isn't invincible. He has been KOd, submitted, decisioned, out grappled and out wrestled- Weidman hasn't.

Last edited:
Gtocha,
Sliva clowns and wins he's GOAT
Silva clowns and gets his head dribbled off the mat he wasn't serious

So you're suggesting banking on something that happened 1 times out of say 30+ times is a good bet...I suggest you go to vegas, bet your life savings and keep at it.

I think everyone is leaning too heavy on Machida's fancy KOs and ignoring his many recent uneventful wins/losses.

Mousasi/Machida was nothing to write home about, he had some good flurries, but nothing to be scared of. Machida couldn't get his striking going against Davis and lost. He had a split win against Hendo. He got tangled up and submitted by an elite wrestler in Jones.

Weidman has better wrestling than Davis (his wrestling is more on par with Jones). He has the length of a LHW. His submission game, including his standing guillotine, is very similar to Jones. Plus, he's very well coached and won't make the dumb mistakes, which a lot of his opponents made. Plus, he is no slouch in the striking department, using his distance and timing better than most.

I'm not writing Machida off, but people are forgetting Machida isn't invincible. He has been KOd, submitted, decisioned, out grappled and out wrestled- Weidman hasn't.

End of thread!

This 100%

Machida's chances at beating Chris are like A.Silva's chances. Lyoto will hesitate using kicks, going to the ground, hit and run, and the clinch. So, what's left is the Crane kick, his only chance that's if Weidman somehow doesn't brake his foot!

Disagree, different fight.

The question is not whether he won, the question is... was the way he won a fluke.
A win should be meaningless as it applies to the betting lines, if it's flukey.

Anderson goaded Chris into striking with him and lost.

No fluke.

Back