LW is going to be even more insanely stacked when Holloway, Aldo & Ortega eventually go to LW

This is terrible. You are using TDD which is just a component and not even the right one to examine Jose's wrestling and his ability to take down Conor down. Then comparing Chad who is superior wrestler, and whom Conor fought on short notice with an injured knee. Not that Jose is a bad at grabbing takedowns, but he isn't special and does nothing with them. It would hardly be a threat to Conor outside of losing a round, and we all know Jose can't last the distance with Conor. The reality is Jose has virtually always won his fights standing, and he came face to face with two better strikers, point blank. And that sucks for him, because Conor and Max probably are the two best strikers in the UFC. It just so happened both of them were in his division.
Aldo is head and shoulders above Conor in wrestling when to comes to any component, Aldo was training with Brazilian national wrestling team. Had he wanted, he could have taken Conor down, but he didn't, because he wanted to fight a MT/boxing match and got KTFO.

Why would Aldo move up? So he can be a fringe top 10-15 fighter?

The reality is Jose has virtually always won his fights standing, and he came face to face with two better strikers, point blank.
Yeah, he came face to face with superior strikers, but forgot that this is MMA, not Muay Thai. Aldo lost against Conor on the gameplan level, Conor KTFOing him was just a result of his stupidity.

It would hardly be a threat to Conor outside of losing a round, and we all know Jose can't last the distance with Conor.
Lmao. Aldo went 5 rounds with Mendez in their second fight at a high pace and was still in good shape at the end. He was not tired out by the wrestling exchanges, brief as they were. You're telling me this Aldo would not have been able to outlast Conor with his "notorious" gastank? Lmao.

Had Aldo really tried, he might have won a shitty decision via his wrestling, but it would still have been a win. I'm fookin' mad.

Last edited:
Aldo is head and shoulders above Conor in wrestling when to comes to any component, Aldo was training with Brazilian national wrestling team. Had he wanted, he could have taken Conor down, but he didn't, because he wanted to fight a MT/boxing match and got KTFO.

LMAO, you're full of shit man. No logic. No facts. The reality is Conor sparked him in 13, and the better wrestler Chad. Deal with it.

Yeah, he came face to face with superior strikers, but forgot that this is MMA, not Muay Thai. Aldo lost against Conor on the gameplan level, Conor KTFOing him was just a result of his stupidity.

Lmao. Aldo went 5 rounds with Mendez in their second fight at a high pace and was still in good shape at the end. He was not tired out by the wrestling exchanges, brief as they were. You're telling me this Aldo would not have been able to outlast Conor with his "notorious" gastank? Lmao.

Had Aldo really tried, he might have won a shitty decision via his wrestling, but it would still have been a win. I'm fookin' mad.

Yeah he lost three times "because he forgot this is MMA". This has to be the most retarded lame excuse I've ever seen in my life. LMAO

LMAO, you're full of shit man. No logic. No facts. The reality is Conor sparked him in 13, and the better wrestler Chad. Deal with it.
Lmao, you're the retard who thinks Clowner has a better gas tank and wrestling than Aldo. Clowner was smothered like a bitch by Mendez while Aldo not only defended TDs, but actually scored them in his fight with Mendez. You're pretty much a delusional dumbfuck.

Yeah he lost three times "because he forgot this is MMA".
He lost, because he refused to acknowledge the strengths of his opponents and refused to use the tools he already had. I have no pity for Aldo, so there's nothing for me to "deal with", he got what he deserved for being retarded.

You seem to have confused "fighting" with "boxing", bub. What happened to Aldo was purely the result of his hubris. Go rewatch the Aldo vs Mendez fights, Aldo has AMAZING wrestling. Aldo's wrestling was so good Mendez barely even tried to take him down in their second fight and when he did, Aldo near-instantly scrambled back up like he was fighting some sort of amateur bum. Even when Aldo was tired in round 5 and Mendez finally could take him down and keep him pressed against the cage, Aldo just used the opportunity to rest, negating any further attempts from Mendez to do anything. That's how good Aldo's wrestling was.

Now go rewatch the Conor vs Mendez fight. See the difference in wrestling ability? Mendez took Conor down without running into problems from Conor's wrestling and had his way with him until he gassed. If Aldo had the fight IQ somewhat higher than that of a fucking brick, he would not have tried to fight Conor like it was a Muay Thai or boxing match, he would have actually fought an MMA fight, paced his striking offense, taken him down with his vastly superior wrestling and pounded him out on the ground instead of playing to Conor's strength on the feet. He literally just went there and gave up his chin ignoring one of his most amazing tools, it was one of the most retarded things I've ever seen in MMA.

Now, I'm not taking anything away from Conor. Him butchering Aldo on the feet was an impressive feat, but Conor won that match due to Aldo's retardation as much as his own skill.
I have already broken it down for you.

Meanwhile you just keep responding with your ignorant opinion based on NOTHING

FACT: Aldo lead with a tried and true combo vs southpaws (feint the right to the body then come up with the left hook)

FACT: Aldo had the outside angle

FACT: Aldo had all the advantages

FACT: Conor still counter fucked Aldo from the inside angle because Conor is operating on another level period.

Conor made the adjustment in his feet positioning to line up the left inside of Aldo and beat Aldo to the punch with his counter BY MILES (all before Aldo could even blink)

because Conor is superior to Aldo in every possible way, physical, mental, skill etc

FACT: Aldo always leaps in too. You must have never seen Aldo fight until the Conor fight.

Funny how Aldo isn't retarded when Aldo wins via leaping in....

But he's only retarded because Conor had the skill to capitalize

it's only about you trying to take credit away from Conor regardless of what you claim....actions>>>words

You also don't seem to understand how styles make fights

Aldo is not an offensive wrestler....

And even if he tried to take Conor down, he still is always at risk of getting countered by Conor in trying to close the distance to shoot TDs

And who's to say Conor wouldn't rag doll Aldo in the clinch like he did Alvarez either

They fought and Conor was far superior period. He's the better fighter

You also saw that in how Conor dominated Holloway vs how Holloway beat Aldo....how about that: )

Here is another fact for you....

Conor SMASHED MENDES

Conor made both Aldo and Mendes look silly, which further speaks to the point that Conor simply operates on another level compared to everyone else

Conor beat Mendes 2.0 far more impressively then Aldo did btw

Look at this comparison instead: )

3%2Buppercut.gif

Meanwhile Conor shut down the same fient level change coming up Into a uppercut from Mendes
SoftGleefulCottontail.gif

Again, Conor is simply on another level

And that was an injuried short notice Conor who fought and still smashed Mendes in under 2 rounds

Today's Conor is much improved from that Conor as well.

You really went no where with your post.

Are you trying to say Aldo would win a rematch against Conor? Is that what the point of your opinion based rambling was?

Last edited:
Lmao, you're the retard who thinks Clowner has a better gas tank and wrestling than Aldo. Clowner was smothered like a bitch by Mendez while Aldo not only defended TDs, but actually scored them in his fight with Mendez. You're pretty much a delusional dumbfuck.

He lost, because he refused to acknowledge the strengths of his opponents and refused to use the tools he already had. I have no pity for Aldo, so there's nothing for me to "deal with", he got what he deserved for being retarded.

Jesus christ, I can't even explain how stupid you are. IGNORED.

The only thing you've broken down is your empty head, because you're not even trying to understand what I'm saying. This is not about Conor's striking skills, I'm not denying that he's a better striker than Aldo. I'm not denying that his win over Aldo is impressive. This is about Aldo being overconfident in his ability to bang with Conor and ignoring his grappling which is vastly superior to Conor's grappling. This is about Aldo not recognizing the strengths of his opponent and actually playing into his opponent's strength when he had the tools to prey on Conor's weakness. This is about Aldo going into the fight with the wrong gameplan because of his hubris. Did he try using his superior wrestling? No. Did he try to use his black belt level BJJ skills? No. He went into the fight with the intent to bang fully knowing that Conor is a very dangerous opponent on his feet and got KTFO.

FFS, Aldo's coach (I doubt it was without Aldo's blessing) and Conor LITERALLY argued "who is going to become the wrestler" in their fight. Instead of being an arrogant idiot, Aldo could have become the "wrestler", because he had both solid wrestling AND BJJ. Aldo treated "being the wrestler" as something beneath him due to his arrogance. Instead of fighting a MMA fight and proving he's the better overall fighter, he went to fight a boxing match with Conor and got KTFO.

Also, Nologic, Aldo doesn't need to be an "offensive wrestler" to take Conor down, because Conor's TDD is trash. Nocamp Mendes completely clowned him until he gassed because of nocamp, the same Mendes whose wrestlign was shut down by Aldo's skills. Besides, Aldo is not only a wrestler but also a BJJ practitioner, look at his accolades:

Main Achievements (Jiu Jitsu):
  • World Cup Champion – CBJJO (2004 brown belt division)
  • Brazilian National Champion (2003 purple belt)
  • World Championship Bronze Medallist (2001 blue belt)
You're telling me this guy wouldn't have taken Conor down? Yeah, no, you're just as retarded as your butt-buddy @NotoriousMillions

Last edited:
Jesus christ, I can't even explain how stupid you are. IGNORED.
Seriously, Conor haters are the fucking worst

@TapMachine is something else

No amount of facts and logic will ever stop his delusions and trolling

It's best to ignore him

I already shut him down and exposed him for all the lurkers to see

Sherdog went to shit because of "people" like him. A shame he hasn't been banned yet. I give him no more then a month until he eventually gets banned though

Last edited:
and its going to be even more stacked when TJ Grant comes back.

Seriously, Conor haters are the fucking worst

@TapMachine is seriously a deluded psychopath

No amount of facts and logic will ever stop his delusions and trolling

It's best to ignore him

I already shut him down and exposed him for all the lurkers to see

Sherdog went to shit because of "people" like him. A shame he hasn't been banned yet. I give him no more then a month until he eventually gets banned though

Lmao, I'm a psycopath for posting facts. Ok, buddy, you can be as delusional as you want. The only thing you've shut down is your ability to save face on October 6th.

This is about Aldo being overconfident in his ability to bang with Conor and ignoring his grappling which is vastly superior to Conor's grappling. This is about Aldo not recognizing the strengths of his opponent and actually playing into his opponent's strength when he had the tools to prey on Conor's weakness. This is about Aldo going into the fight with the wrong gameplan because of his hubris.

"What is the right gameplan" against Conor

Mendes who's a far more wrestling orientated fighter then Aldo with better offensive wrestling, tried wrestling Conor and still got smashed by Conor in under 2 rounds

And Conor wasn't even at his best for Mendes

The Conor of today is a much much improved night and day tactician compared to the Conor who fought Mendes

Your whole premise is based on the assumption Aldo could have simply just "out wrestled bro"

You're like the casual who only plays the UFC video games and doesn't understand real life/real fighting.. "he should've just did that and he would've won bro"

Aldo has never had an offensive wrestling approach, so you are basically saying, "Aldo could have completely changed the entire way he fights in months to have had the 'right gameplan' for Conor"

Let me throw your same logic of assumptions back at you

Aldo surely has better TDD then Conor, but who's to say Conor doesn't have better grappling then Aldo

Holloway mounted Aldo while Conor mounted Holloway

The fact is Conor SMASHED Aldo because he's a better fighter

No matter how you try to excuse it away and take away from Conor

Aldo fought Conor the same way he had always fought. Conor is the one who controls range, dictates how fights go, draws opponents in, and IMPOSES his skill and fight IQ over everyone

"bu Aldo would've beaten Conor if he had wrestled," is just your uninformed ignorant opinion

Mendes tried to wrestle. Conor KOd him in 2 rounds

Alvarez tired to wrestle. Conor KOd him in 2 rounds

Holloway mounted Aldo while Conor mounted Holloway

You still can't seem to get over Aldo's loss to Conor. Let it go. Aldo is amazing but Conor is on another level and is the superior fighter

Aldo couldve leg kicked/wrestled, it does NOT MATTER...Conor's style, southpaw, boxing skill, and fight IQ will always trouble Aldo and trump what ever his game is

Last edited:
Lmao, I'm a psycopath for posting facts. Ok, buddy, you can be as delusional as you want. The only thing you've shut down is your ability to save face on October 6th.
You have not even presented just 1 fact in this thread, anywhere (you are again showing how delusional you are)

Here is why you are what you have been called

tapmachine said:
Clowner was smothered like a bitch by Mendez while Aldo not only defended TDs, but actually scored them in his fight with Mendez. You're pretty much a delusional dumbfuck.

^
Because of posts like that from you

You are a volatile hostile troll just spewing insults and garbage

Look at your screen name. You are an obsessed Conor hater.

Even if/when Conor makes easy work of Khabib, guess what...im not going to care enough to throw it in your face...I don't care about you...

I in fact won't care to gloat about it all. Thays not my thing

I will only be happy for Conor winning/about Conor winning

My only hope is that when Conor makes easy work of Khabib people like you will finally stop with all the hater bullshit and finally start to give Conor his due credit

Or are you going to start discrediting Khabib in order to take credit away from Conor

You aren't even a real fan of Khabib like I am. You are just a Conor hater

Are you going to start saying "Conor only won because Khabib fought retarded"

Who's banwagon will you jump on next to "expose Conor?"

Last edited:
People stating that Khabib will move up to WW are probably basing their opinion on an old interview with Khabib's father, where he says that Khabib plans to win the LW belt, do one defense and then move up because cutting weight is getting harder with each year. This interview is out of date because it seems that Khabib has solved his weight cutting difficulties while training at AKA and is all about being a proper champ with many title defenses nowadays. Khabib will have a long reign at LW after he smeshes Clowner's face, mark my words.
Hope you're right about the weight cutting issues at least. If this fight falls through because of Khabib he should be forced up to WW. Out of interest how many times could Khabib even conceivably fight each year with him not accepting fights during Ramadan, 2 at absolute most? If he gets by Conor he might have a long reign, if he avoids El Cucuy, but doubt it would involve many fights.

Mendes who's a far more wrestling orientated fighter then Aldo with better offensive wrestling, tried wrestling Conor and still got smashed by Conor in under 2 rounds

Mendes lost, because he gassed due to not having a full camp. He took down Conor without problems initially, avoiding his "magical touch of death" that you seem to masturbate to. Aldo is no Mendes, obviously, but he's a much better wrestler than Conor due to how well he performed in the grappling exchanges against the same Mendes, who serves as a point of reference for Aldo's and Conor's skills.

All of your non sense is based on the assumption Aldo could have simply just "out wrestled bro"
It's an assumption, because it did not actually happen due to Aldo getting KTFO, but it is an assumption based on actual facts.

My statement that Aldo would have been able to take Conor down is based on actual facts. Your statement that Aldo would not have been able to outwrestle and take Conor down is based on your delusional belief in Conor's TDD which looked like garbage against Mendes.

You call me a casual, yet you are the one who denies Aldo's "offensive wrestling" abilities which are factual and not imaginary as you claim. You state that "Aldo has never had an offensive wrestling approach", but that is nonsense, because Aldo has used this same "offensive wrestling" approach against Mark Hominick, where he scored 5 TDs, and Korean Zombie, where he scored 5 TDs as well.

Fact: Aldo had good enough wrestling to pretty much completely shut down Mendes' wrestling in their second fight. He won at least one scramble where he ended on top as well.
Fact: Aldo is a BJJ blackbelt with some respectable grappling competition wins.
Fact: Aldo has good enough takedowns to take down other strikers.

Aldo surely has better TDD then Conor, but who's to say Conor doesn't have better grappling then Aldo
Lmao. Which grappling competitions has Conor won? Let's compare BJJ accolades. Who has Conor outgrappled in MMA? He sure as hell did not outgrapple Mendes, he got smothered by him.

Aldo fought Conor the same way he had always fought.
That's precisely what I'm trying to get through your empty skull. Aldo lost, because he came to strike instead of fighting a MMA match and showing himself as a complete fighter. He and his coach took too much pride in their standup and paid the price.

"bu Aldo would've beaten Conor if he had wrestled," is just your uninformed ignorant opinion
Nope, it's an opinion based on actual facts, because Aldo had all the tools. And it's not "would have", it's "may have". The only uninformed opinion here is yours, because you deny Aldo the ability to perform effective takedowns (something he has demonstrated in MMA) and overblow Conor's TDD (something he has already proven to suck at when he fought Mendes).

And one more time: my goal is not to take away credit from Conor for beating Aldo, because he beat him in standup fair and square. My goal is to present an argument that Aldo did not use and did not even plan on using all the tools he had in that fight.

Back