Luke Thomas: "If Mcgregor wins, while great, is not the same as working your way up from LW"

I just find it ironic that the one place (sherdog) that fanfics fights, and begs for super fights like Jones/Silva, Silva/GSP, Ronda/Cyborg, which wouldn't makes any sense based on legitimacy, are now complaining that we're finally getting one. You're all a bunch of hypocrites who just hate on Conor. It's that simple, you just don't like Conor. Admit it and you'll feel better.
Jones, silva and gsp were all dominant Champs that had multiple defenses.

They'd love it if McGregor wins. They play the dual champ card and his popularity keeps gaining. The Diaz 3.

Jones, silva and gsp were all dominant Champs that had multiple defenses.

Oh, so we're moving the goal post, and cherry picking the criteria? Luke's logic is that you have to work your way up in the weight class that you would be challenging for the title, nothing more. And none of the names I mentioned have done that? BTW, who has Cyborg beaten to deserve Ronda? I like how you ignored that one.

Yup, and the sky is blue.

Conor winning the lightweight belt would be racist.

You mean the big boy belt ?

I will definitely argue against poor-mans ariel points.

He beats everyone at 155 so it's exactly the same.

You're always babbling on about money when you don't have a piss to in son. Your boyfriend Conor is poor compared to someone like Mayweather or gates so sit down and shut the fuck up.

Oh, so we're moving the goal post, and cherry picking the criteria? Luke's logic is that you have to work your way up in the weight class that you would be challenging for the title, nothing more. And none of the names I mentioned have done that? BTW, who has Cyborg beaten to deserve Ronda? I like how you ignored that one.

That's not what he said at all. Get Mcgregor's ball sack out of your mouth, it's causing hypoxemia to your brain.

Is Cyborg wanting to fight for the 135 title?

I agree with Luke, but it doesn't matter because Conor won't win -- he hasn't had a warm up fight against Alvarez yet.

I just find it ironic that the one place (sherdog) that fanfics fights, and begs for super fights like Jones/Silva, Silva/GSP, Ronda/Cyborg, which wouldn't makes any sense based on legitimacy, are now complaining that we're finally getting one. You're all a bunch of hypocrites who just hate on Conor. It's that simple, you just don't like Conor. Admit it and you'll feel better.

A fight between two guys who haven't defended their belts yet isn't a "superfight"

Did Luke Thomas just start watching UFC?

You beat the champ you become the champ thats how it works. Whats with this thought that the champ is the weak guy and the contenders are strong.

The entire premise of this fight is ridiculous.

Champion vs Champion should occur when you have 2 dominant long reigning champions.

These 2 have not even defended the titles they just won. On top of it, one of them recently lost, and won a controversial decision.

The only explanation for this fight is that Conor gets to do whatever he wants and the UFC has absolutely no control over him. I honestly believe the whole excuse as to why Conor was pulled from the 200 card was bullshit. I think he just wanted to more time to properly train, and it had absolutely nothing to do with media obligations.

I understand their desire to make money, but the way they went about their relationship with Conor compared with every other fighter on their roster shows lack of discipline in the front office. It certainly has not helped smooth things over with an already pissed off roster of fighters.

This should be something super obvious to everyone. Not only has Conor not earned his shot at LW, he's never defended his FW belt. On top of the fact that Alvarez has never defended the belt.

It's far less impressive than say BJ Penn beating Matt Hughes, a dominant champ. Or Randy Couture who beat a champ who had multiple defenses.

Good for Luke though for finally something that isn't retarded, he deserves a cookie and maybe some pets.

I almost never agree with this guy but he actually got something right.

Everybody she has faced for a number of years.

Oh, is that what Khabib did? Conor defeated more ranked fighters who either fought at lightweight or presently fight at lightweight than Khabib has even fought. And he's the guy Luke and others think deserves the title bout. Don't make me laugh.

Beating RDA is infinitely better than FW Poirier or losng badly to Nate and then getting an unimpressive decision.

Maybe because this isn't remotely a super fight. Not even close.

Would Woodley/Bisping be a super fight? I didn't think so, lol.

Another broke ass bi'er fi'er

Time stamp 52:00

I was kind of surprised to hear this from Luke, normally he's slurping all over Mcgregor, however he actually raised my eyebrows listening to his latest thoughts on his Wednesday Live Chat.

Basically, Luke said, if Mcgregor beats Eddie Alvarez and takes his belt, while it would be a fantastic achievement, it wouldn't be as impressive or grandiose as a guy working his way from the bottom and winning the title.

Luke does not "normally slurp all over McGregor"
He just says things objectively. Rustles a lot of jimmies in his wake but he's a very objective observer for the most part.

Back