Luke Thomas: "If Mcgregor wins, while great, is not the same as working your way up from LW"

He wouldnt be saying that if Conor was black

I don't see how that statement is controversial at all. More like it is an assumption most people have that is so basic there is no need to articulate it.

Luke is right. If it were easy to run through LW for Conor, then he wouldn't have started at FW.

Of course, if he had started at LW and worked his way to winning the title, an immediate title shot at FW would be easy to justify.

Luke Thomas troll game is underrated.

I don't think he's trolling. He brings up legitmate points.

While I can understand why the UFC made the move, I think they made more problems for themselves in the future.

Oh, is that what Khabib did? Conor defeated more ranked fighters who either fought at lightweight or presently fight at lightweight than Khabib has even fought. And he's the guy Luke and others think deserves the title bout. Don't make me laugh.

Conor winning the lightweight belt would be racist.

I don't see how that statement is controversial at all. More like it is an assumption most people have that is so basic there is no need to articulate it.

He says while a lot of mcgregor's fans will say he's the greatest fighter ever if he were to win the LW title, it's a lot easier to win the title that way than having to claw your way up fighting the best to reach the top.

Oh, is that what Khabib did? Conor defeated more ranked fighters who either fought at lightweight or presently fight at lightweight than Khabib has even fought. And he's the guy Luke and others think deserves the title bout. Don't make me laugh.

What are you babbling about?

Oh, is that what Khabib did? Conor defeated more ranked fighters who either fought at lightweight or presently fightat lightweight than Khabib has even fought. And he's the guy Luke and others think deserves the title bout. Don't make me laugh.
any ranked lightweight deserves more than someone who never fought at LW in the UFC and never defended his FW belt in the first place. including Nate Diaz coming off a loss. even dan henderson deserves his title shot more than mcgregor.

I know, rankings and divisions are hard to grasp! but I bet if you stop smelling your own farts, this might start making sense!

BJ Penn didn't work his way up to Matt Hughes but it didn't make him strangling Matt and becoming the champion any less impressive.

If he wins then In a few years no one will remember or care how he got there, the records will just show that he was a double champion.

He's right. It's why I'm secretly hoping Alvarez beats him. That way, his quest to become a two-division champion will end up being more complicated than it appears to be at the moment.

any ranked lightweight deserves more than someone who never fought at LW in the UFC and never defended his FW belt in the first place. including Nate Diaz coming off a loss. even dan henderson deserves his title shot more than mcgregor.

I know, rankings and divisions are hard to grasp! but I bet if you stop smelling your own farts, this might start making sense!

I just find it ironic that the one place (sherdog) that fanfics fights, and begs for super fights like Jones/Silva, Silva/GSP, Ronda/Cyborg, which wouldn't makes any sense based on legitimacy, are now complaining that we're finally getting one. You're all a bunch of hypocrites who just hate on Conor. It's that simple, you just don't like Conor. Admit it and you'll feel better.

You don't traditionally have to work your way up through a division when you hold the lower division's lineal belt. That isn't how other combat sports handle it and it isn't how MMA has done things.

He earned a title shot at FW.
Normally the lower weight champion doesn't get choked out by a lifetime 155'er prior to his title shot though..

I just find it ironic that the one place (sherdog) that fanfics fights, and begs for super fights like Jones/Silva, Silva/GSP, Ronda/Cyborg, which wouldn't makes any sense based on legitimacy, are now complaining that we're finally getting one. You're all a bunch of hypocrites who just hate on Conor. It's that simple, you just don't like Conor. Admit it and you'll feel better.
this would be retarded no matter who got it. I'm sure you wouldn't do it but if someone were to check my posting history, I've been seriously against Dan Henderson fighting Bisping, Woodley trying to fight Nick and McGregor fighting Alvarez and Diaz for a second time. to put it simply, I'm against bullshit. the mcgregor 'era' is consistently filled with bullshit that sucks, like this title fight. It had my favorite fighter retiring. It turned other fighters into idiot trash talkers, in my mind anyway. I loved this sport for many years without ever being dragged into boring drama on social media and fake as fuck press conferences. I'll watch a movie if I wanna see some acting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back