Luke Thomas: "If Mcgregor wins, while great, is not the same as working your way up from LW"

Sure it's not the same, but it's not like LW is some mythical division of unbeatable fighters. Conor has already ko'd the former number 7 LW, ko'd the guy that beat the former LW champ twice and went 1-1 against a top 5 LW at an unfamiliar ( to Conor only) weight class.

Can anyone argue Alvarez has had a harder path to the LW title shot? Lost to Cowboy and split decision'd his next two to get the shot.

It's harder than having to win zero fights at lightweight to get that shot.

Why didn't he write about BJ Penn's undeserved title shot?

I don't know, I'm not his editor or producer of his show. Write in and ask him if you're that curious, although it should be self explanatory

I'm literally at a loss for words for these malcontents who can't seem to differentiate between the two examples given

Is it? Extreme example, but would you give Jon Jones the HW title shot based in his LHW resume or a guy who joined the UFC and decision'd Roy Nelson and Andre Arlovski. Who deserves it more?

Is it? Extreme example, but would you give Jon Jones the HW title shot based in his LHW resume or a guy who joined the UFC and decision'd Roy Nelson and Andre Arlovski. Who deserves it more?

Probably the guy with eight consecutive title defenses at LHW.

Was that a serious question?

And are you seriously comparing Conor with Jon Jones?

That's completely insane.

Because BJ deserved the shot about ten times as much as Conor deserves this one.

He had already defended his title and was a former title holder at WW in the UFC.

Who decides who's more worthy of a title shot?
You?
What an authority! Unknown Sherdogger.

Probably the guy with eight consecutive title defenses at LHW.

Was that a serious question?

And are you seriously comparing Conor with Jon Jones?

That's completely insane.
I said it was an extreme example. It was to show its not black and white.

I cant take seriously the opinion of a guy who's idea of a relaxing night in is sat on the sofa with his wife masturbating each other to Jon Jones weigh in video's

Who decides who's more worthy of a title shot?
You?
What an authority! Unknown Sherdogger.

Of course me, what other opinion am I qualified to share?

I said it was an extreme example. It was to show its not black and white.

You weight all the factors when making the decision.

Your example illustrates how ridiculous it is Conor is getting the shot and how he has done exactly nothing to deserve it.

The UFC stuck it's hand up Conor's butt and made him a puppet, they're going to ride their investment all the way to the bank, the rest of the fighters be damned.

To see Dos Anjos get himself all the way up there and then win the title from Pettis was awesome and had to feel really good to him. Yeah, Mac will never know that feeling 'cos he uses money to buy his way anywhere.

Has avoided defending belt three times
And fw is lw

So no Conor doesn't have a right to title shot

Why are Conor fans like the shit at the bottom of a barrel?
Floaties in a beer can. I think he has trouble making weight not ducking anyone.

You weight all the factors when making the decision.

Your example illustrates how ridiculous it is Conor is getting the shot and how he has done exactly nothing to deserve it.

The UFC stuck it's hand up Conor's butt and made him a puppet, they're going to ride their investment all the way to the bank, the rest of the fighters be damned.
He has done something to deserve it, he worked his way through the FW division and became the champion. Some are acting like FW and LW in the UFC are different sports. Alvarez went 2-1 with no wins against top 5 guys to get his shot, is that what working your way through LW is?

But you are absolutely right, all factors have to be weighed up and personally I think Conor has done enough to get the shot, others may see it differently.

He has done something to deserve it, he worked his way through the FW division and became the champion. Some are acting like FW and LW in the UFC are different sports. Alvarez went 2-1 with no wins against top 5 guys to get his shot, is that what working your way through LW is?

But you are absolutely right, all factors have to be weighed up and personally I think Conor has done enough to get the shot, others may see it differently.

Conor worked his way up through FW, not LW, and he hasn't defended that belt. Many have questioned the path he took and the fact as a striker with limited grappling he didn't have to worry about grinders, fighting only one, with that fighter not having had the benefit of a camp.

Add to that the fact Aldo was denied the exact same opportunity having made a far superior case for getting it.

Add to that the fact others have asked for this opportunity and been told they still had work to do in their divisions, and none of them had as much work to do as Conor.

Love this fight if you want to but don't for a second think Conor earned it or deserves it, and if he wins and is "first" there will be a huge asterisk next to the word.

Completely wrong he won the FW belt December 2015. Three months later he moved up in weight to fight RDA at 155. Space of 3 months is fine not to defend hes belt.

Conor was screwed over by RDA pulling out a week before the fight and Conor said ok i fight Diaz. It wasn't hes fault this has dragged on for so long. RDA pretty much changed the outlook Conor had after he lost to Nate. He had to face him again. And then what should have taken place March 2016 is now taking place Nov 2016.
Ktrrallt is his fault he took a rematch at lw then another fight at lw and continually refuses to defend belt or give aldo rematch

Conor worked his way up through FW, not LW, and he hasn't defended that belt. Many have questioned the path he took and the fact as a striker with limited grappling he didn't have to worry about grinders, fighting only one, with that fighter not having had the benefit of a camp.

Add to that the fact Aldo was denied the exact same opportunity having made a far superior case for getting it.

Add to that the fact others have asked for this opportunity and been told they still had work to do in their divisions, and none of them had as much work to do as Conor.

Love this fight if you want to but don't for a second think Conor earned it or deserves it, and if he wins and is "first" there will be a huge asterisk next to the word.

100 per cent

Back