Low Recruit Discipline Prompts Army to Redesign Basic Training

It's a multitude of things, but it starts with how women are in control of youth education and how they want the boys to act just like the girls. No aggression, sit there and be quiet, and if you have an SJW teaching them they're taught from a young age that they're a second class citizen and should just get out of the way and let the oppressed (ie girls) get all the attention. Add in a huge reduction of PE across the board and males have effectively been castrated and turned into a bunch of liberal pussies before they're 18.

Of course the American diet also deserves a huge chunk of blame because kids grow up on sugar and they're all getting fat as hell. So they're fat, docile, and neutered, so there's no way in hell they would dare do something like try out for sports. I just can't imagine an entire generation who can't throw a baseball (or grenade) but here we are. The communists have been very effective at reducing our population to a bunch of pussies.

Anyways, as I was getting out of the Marines in 2009 I was seeing a similar problem in the new guys we were getting in the fleet. They thought everything was a joke, weren't motivated, would cry when disciplined or yelled at, and most were very socially inept. It was almost impossible to "bring them into the family" because they were so far outside of what a Marine should be. We transitioned a few but most of them got pushed out pretty quickly. I think we were losing about 25% of our new guys to petty crimes and drugs... just insane.

It's a multitude of things, but it starts with how women are in control of youth education and how they want the boys to act just like the girls. No aggression, sit there and be quiet, and if you have an SJW teaching them they're taught from a young age that they're a second class citizen and should just get out of the way and let the oppressed (ie girls) get all the attention. Add in a huge reduction of PE across the board and males have effectively been castrated and turned into a bunch of liberal pussies before they're 18.

Of course the American diet also deserves a huge chunk of blame because kids grow up on sugar and they're all getting fat as hell. So they're fat, docile, and neutered, so there's no way in hell they would dare do something like try out for sports. I just can't imagine an entire generation who can't throw a baseball (or grenade) but here we are. The communists have been very effective at reducing our population to a bunch of pussies.

Anyways, as I was getting out of the Marines in 2009 I was seeing a similar problem in the new guys we were getting in the fleet. They thought everything was a joke, weren't motivated, would cry when disciplined or yelled at, and most were very socially inept. It was almost impossible to "bring them into the family" because they were so far outside of what a Marine should be. We transitioned a few but most of them got pushed out pretty quickly. I think we were losing about 25% of our new guys to petty crimes and drugs... just insane.

Good lord that post is a giant generalizing mess

Why in the hell did these things lose focus, especially the bolded, anyways?
Physical fitness standards were relaxed because we needed numbers, I think. I can't remember the number of push ups that I had to be able to do to graduate basic, but it wasn't a lot. Somewhere in the 30s maybe. And after that I only had to be able to do 42 at the minimum. I got tremendously lazy my last year in because I knew there was no way I'd ever miss the minimum required for each event.

There are a lot of military jobs that probably won't require firing a rifle at an enemy, so my guess is they relaxed marksmanship in order to bring in/keep people who would make good clerks and such.

It's good that they're reversing course. I hated drill and ceremony, but it makes you pay attention to details and developing that is good for any situation.

That's true, but it's what I believe and it's what I've seen in kids today.

They teach kids to calm the fuck down in schools because there's 20 of the little bastards in a room and they're trying to teach them something not because there's a secret cabal of female teachers who control the american eduction system from their 2nd grade english classroom

I don't think so. I think it is societal. This generation is just not as strong as ours were. When I went through in 2001 (Marines) you could tell which recruits had been coddled at home. Now that 10% is most of the new recruits. To many electronics and entitlement in school makes these kids less capable.

Having gone through Parris Island in 2010, I would say the threat of physical violence from DIs was one of my biggest intrinsic motivators.

I don't think so. I think it is societal. This generation is just not as strong as ours were. When I went through in 2001 (Marines) you could tell which recruits had been coddled at home. Now that 10% is most of the new recruits. To many electronics and entitlement in school makes these kids less capable.

Went to MCRD in 95. Drill Instructors are waaaaaaay harder on you than drill sergeants.

My guess is most of these army slobs play on their phones until 0200 or so only to have formation at 0600. Too tired to get up.

Lol at the army.

Then we are going to have to bring back the draft. Can you imagine the outcry if we did that.

Draft results in an even worse recruiting pool

Went to MCRD in 95. Drill Instructors are waaaaaaay harder on you than drill sergeants.

My guess is most of these army slobs play on their phones until 0200 or so only to have formation at 0600. Too tired to get up.

Lol at the army.
Eh, I'm not going to pretend basic isn't lax depending on where you go (relaxin Jackson), but I'd be downright flabbergasted if soldiers in basic had access to phones.

God help us, the millennials are starting to turn into crotchety old farts.
He's gotcha, here, @alanb.

You belong to the problem generation: January 1st, 1981-

Eh, I'm not going to pretend basic isn't lax depending on where you go (relaxin Jackson), but I'd be downright flabbergasted if soldiers in basic had access to phones.

After basic I meant, but if I'm not mistaken army recruits have access to their phones at some point in basic.

After basic I meant, but if I'm not mistaken army recruits have access to their phones at some point in basic.
Well that kind of blows my mind. I guess I wouldn't really know though. I went to basic in 2001 when they were still a novelty.

Seems like the Army is changing the way that it’s instructing it’s new recruits and instruction. Sounds to me like a good thing. As long as the suffering and ability to struggle through mentally and physically challenging is still there. Course of instruction changes frequently. It might be more visible because it’s basic training. Mandatory course rewrite when I was in, every 2 1/2 years. Based on the need of the gaining command that is receiving these recruits.

Lol at an underground SJW teacher movement led my females indoctrinating our kids or something like that lol. Wtf

Good lord that post is a giant generalizing mess

Somewhat generalizing, yes. But if you end up in boot camp/ the fleet with some of these goofy little finger painters, you'd start lamenting the system that produced them too.

I went to MCRD in 95.
I saw you post that earlier. I just meant that my first hand knowledge of basic is what I was basing my earlier post on, and I'm not close to anyone who has gone to Army basic recently.

Back