Lorenzo: "Ronda is making millions of dollars per fight".

why? They can pay the people under their contract whatever the hell they want.

The only reason athletic commissions know what a fighter has as base pay is because the promotion (UFC) is required to put up that money in escrow run by the commission before the event so that the promotion can't screw over a fighter and not pay them. This was done to prevent shady boxing promotions from runnign away with all the money back in the day.

Beyond the base pay on the contract the UFC can pay fighters however much more they want without telling the commission or anyone else (besides the IRS).
I'm going to laugh my ass off if the big shots in zuffa get popped like Kazuyoshi Ishii.

FFS people.

Stop pulling contract details out of your asses when we have a very nice up-to-date document to peruse.

http://bleacherreport.com/pages/eddie-alvarez-contract

I'm sure GSP and Anderson get better points but I'm also sure they sign the same contract.

PPV is on pages 9-10 of the PDF.

wtf?

GTFOH with that shit.

No one on this site wants to read actual contract details for a fighter like Eddie Alvarez & the UFC. NO one wants facts up in here.

Did you forget what forum you are on? wtf?

I forget... is this the "fighters get paid too much" angry mob, or the "fighters get paid too little" angry mob?

I forget... is this the "fighters get paid too much" angry mob, or the "fighters get paid too little" angry mob?

That all depends.

If its Jones or Rhonda then they are getting payed too much and are completely overrated champions in paper thin divisions.

If its rockem sockem fighter like Chris Leban who are broke b/c of a drug addiction....well the UFC should have paid them more so they could buy their drugs make piss poor financial decisions and still not be broke.

Welcome to sherdog bro :)

I don't care if Lorenzo wants to throw his money away.

tumblr_inline_mwy4ic8dsP1rgs66v.gif

so fertitta is telling us that the ufc is not very good with their money? because 300K ppv = millions per fight? Whatever, Lorenzo

so fertitta is telling us that the ufc is not very good with their money? because 300K ppv = millions per fight? Whatever, Lorenzo

You seem awfully knowledgeable in regards to finances and business. Care to elaborate?

Why do people care what fighters or any athlete makes? Its not like your getting a cut of that check so who cares.

They need to stop releasing/exaggerating what they pay their top 3% of fighters. We all know they are paid well. The real problem is that they pay a lot of their employees like shit (according to SOME fighters). If they have nothing to hide, why not release this information due to all the scrutiny? Sure, it will give the fighters more bargaining power, but that's the whole point. "Locker room bonuses" is a horseshit decoy. Instead of paying every fighter like they should, fighters are forced to work for a "locker room bonus" (up to UFC discretion, if they really exist to the extent they want the public to believe).

Why do people care what fighters or any athlete makes? Its not like your getting a cut of that check so who cares.

These kinds of comments are growing old. We ALL care, that's why we are on a fucking forum talking about it.

They need to stop releasing/exaggerating what they pay their top 3% of fighters. We all know they are paid well. The real problem is that they pay a lot of their employees like shit (according to SOME fighters). If they have nothing to hide, why not release this information due to all the scrutiny? Sure, it will give the fighters more bargaining power, but that's the whole point. "Locker room bonuses" is a horseshit decoy. Instead of paying every fighter like they should, fighters are forced to work for a "locker room bonus" (up to UFC discretion, if they really exist to the extent they want the public to believe).

That bit made me laugh :) What scrutiny? Nobody other than forum keyboard warriors and the occasional MMA journalist give two shits.

having nothing to hide doesn't mean it's smart to do. most companies that do not have to publish pay do not publish pay. most that do, have to.

Oh this really makes me want to watch her fight now..............................not.

If you dont want to watch an olympic judoka with awesomely agressive grappling because she has a vagina, you are not really a fan of martial arts.

Its not up to the UFC to release pays that are confidential.

I am sure you and many would not be happy with your boss making your salary public knowledge.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/442133/Fertitta-Rousey-makes-millions-per-fight/

Two things came to mind when I read this. One, I wonder how much money they are really making off her if she is indeed making millions per fight. Two, not that I care about fighter pay, but, I thought they didnt disclose fighters real pay because they dont want it out there how much they make? Yet the CEO can come out and say that someone who on paper is making 200k per fight is really making millions.

why do they keep harping on this?

we all know that champions make millions.

we (those of us that read mma news beyond forums) know that Zuffa uses tournament economic theory payment structure (think if all NFL players made $100k and superbowl winners got $10m) instead of payment structures other sports negotiate with players unions.

and we know that Zuffa keeps more revenue than boxing promoters, because boxing has a multitude of promoters and Zuffa is 1 promoter. and therefore the economic structures are completely different.

so what, exactly, are they getting out of telling us again and again that Ronda makes millions?

we (those of us that read mma news beyond forums) know that Zuffa uses tournament economic theory payment structure (think if all NFL players made $100k and superbowl winners got $10m) instead of payment structures other sports negotiate with players unions.

and we know that Zuffa keeps more revenue than boxing promoters, because boxing has a multitude of promoters and Zuffa is 1 promoter. and therefore the economic structures are completely different.

so what, exactly, are they getting out of telling us again and again that Ronda makes millions?

my guess is that they are trying to shut up the detractors that cry about fighter pay.

Because too many people perpetuate rumors that MMA fighters don't make any money.

Back