Lorenzo: "Ronda is making millions of dollars per fight".

I don't get it. She can't carry a PPV on her name alone but she makes top 3 money? I wonder how long until Dana and Co realize that WMMA isn't something with longevity.

Not sure why fans are so obsessed with how much money fighters or athletes in general make. If they're "underpaid" they're free to do something else. Nobody is holding a gun to their head. Also, LMFAO at Gus talking about "getting by". What he considers "getting by" is more income than almost every single fan that buys his PPV fights make by a long shot. These fucking crybaby athletes. Reminds me of Adrian Peterson referring to being in the NFL as equal to African slavery.

thats what this thread comes down to.

she is paid proportional to how many people pay to see her (well.. i'm sure the UFC takes advantage of being the only show in town and inproportionally pockets money but thats what you fans wanted wasn't it? one org?). Chael Sonnen had the same knowledge and they used that to get $$$. So what? Welcome to capitalism enjoy your stay. There are other countries maybe more fitting for some of you.

Also, Boo hoo at someone who works 6 days a week and trains (i'm guessing) a GRUELING 5-6 hours a day that makes a million dollars per fight. Who the fuck are "you" and how hard do "you" work? To be able to even train at a certain levels takes years of unpaid work as well.

sadly the masses of shertards don't understand this simple principle even though i and others like yourself have made countless posts like this.

I feel like Zuffa is violating the spirit of this rule.

You tell a fighter that you will pay him 100K but only 20K will be reported to the commission. Then at the end of the fight you say "That fight was horrible. I'm not paying you the other 80K.". The fighter who agreed to fight for 100 is left out in the lurch being forced to sue for his money and that lawsuit may not have success.

Granted Zuffa has probably never done this but it opens to the door to shady promoters doing that. Contracted pay and declared pay should be one and the same.

We don't have fighter unions and probably never will but having pay out in the open would be a HUGE step forward to all fighters getting what their actual worth is in marketplace which is exactly why Zuffa doesn't want that.

It doesn't mean that Zuffa would be forced to pay more but it would mean that a lot more fighters would be willing to walk away from Zuffa deals because they are only getting a fraction of what they are actually worth which would then put pressure to up pay. It would also allow smaller orgs to have a baseline for fighter pay so that they budget events properly and not go the Affliction route and write their own death certificate by overpaying fighters.

ever heard about SIGNING a contract / agreement?

haha I know.... stupid POV. Can't even buy a new porsche.

Whats funny / sad is that that interview is from just after the JBJ fight.
A Porsche is at least 120K USD in Sweden so its not a cheap car.
When a Swede says "I do ok", it means he does pretty well, most of the times.
So all we know from an old interview is that Alex did not have cash money laying around to pay 120K USD for a car.
That does not really say much...

Also he is prob taxed pretty high in Sweden, I would guess 55 -60% so even if he made shit loads of cash the Tax man will come get him. Its very hard to get rich in Sweden, many sports personalities moves to Monaco for tax reasons.

Seems well over market, but if they predicted shit ppv numbers and she smashed their projections i can see it.

I don't get it. She can't carry a PPV on her name alone but she makes top 3 money? I wonder how long until Dana and Co realize that WMMA isn't something with longevity.

Women dont watch mma, if she can change that she is more valuable than brock gsp and silva combined.

But its a massive if.

Good. More of them should be paid millions of dollars per fight.

LoL What?

UFC 157 450K Buys.
O but that had Machida and Henderson on the co-main.
Yea that's y Shogun/Henderson Main event at UFC 139 WITH wanderlei, Cung Le, Faber, Kampman and Stephen Bonnar on the undercard did all of a massive 290k PPV.

Sorry Rhonda carried the fuck out of this event.

UFC 170 projected 300-400k buys
http://mmanuts.com/news/early-estimates-ufc-170-ppv-buys/
Worst undercard in the history of mma with a Barista on the co-main.
Again Rhonda carried the fuck out of this event.

I think the Fertitas know more about longevity and business investment then some random sherdoger like yourself.

Last edited:
The thing that pisses me off, is the fact she has done next to fuck all to deserve these millions of dollars - vs guys like Barao who are literally in discussion for being the best/most skilled fighter on the fucking planet.

What makes you think Barao isn't making millions per fight?

And yet, Gustaffson cant aford Porche, wich btw costs about 100.000 euros

Other than arm barring half a dozen people in a row, in a division thats about as shallow as this glass of water I have next to me - she just happened to be the Strikeforce womens bantamweight champion when Zuffa acquired them, and was chosen as someone the UFC can build a whole division around, throw a fuckload of money at, and hope for the best.

...can you teach me how I can wake up tomorrow morning and "happen" to be Bellator champion? When that "happens", please make me an Olympic medalist as well...

...way to discredit someone.

Must feel good to all of the fighters that have been slaving away in the UFC busting their asses to be at the top. She comes in and already is one of the all time top earners (according to Dana) even though she isn't a huge draw.

Exactly, this is one reason I don't like her. Another reason is her fake mean mugging face on the way to the octagon.

Must feel good to all of the fighters that have been slaving away in the UFC busting their asses to be at the top. She comes in and already is one of the all time top earners (according to Dana) even though she isn't a huge draw.

Exactly, this is one reason I don't like her. Another reason is her fake mean mugging face on the way to the octagon.

Um no.

UFC 157 450K Buys.
O but that had Machida and Henderson on the co-main.
Yea that's y Shogun/Henderson Main event at UFC 139 WITH wanderlei, Cung Le, Faber, Kampman and Stephen Bonnar on the undercard did all of a massive 290k PPV.

Sorry Rhonda carried the fuck out of this event.

UFC 170 projected 300-400k buys
http://mmanuts.com/news/early-estima...-170-ppv-buys/
Worst undercard in the history of mma with a Barista on the co-main.
Again Rhonda carried the fuck out of this event.

Please tell me who is a bigger draw?

MM? Barao? Aldo? Pettis? Weidman? Jones? Cain?

Only Jones and Cain are bigger draws now that Silva and GSP are out of the picture so yea she deserves every penny

Oye... Spread some of that wealth around to other fighters. Ronda doesn't need millions for fighting competition that is about the level of what you would see in the men's divisions in 2002.

Oye... Spread some of that wealth around to other fighters. Ronda doesn't need millions for fighting competition that is about the level of what you would see in the men's divisions in 2002.

Are there really so many people on sherdog acting dumb??? are you trolling or something??? the problem is not with player XYZ who has a PPV contract and makes BIG bucks, i would rather say the problem if there is one lies with the UFC model were 20% of the revenue goes to the fighters whereas in boxing 80% of revenues go to the fighters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stop hating on Ronda or player XYZ, if you had a PPV contract and you were gifted to make people tune in and buy a PPV wouldnt you think you earned that money?
If I were to complain then it would be that Ronda or Player XYZ is getting less than a boxer every PPV buy. below is out of the Canelo thread!!!

Canelo Alvarez - $6million ... Ronda Rousey - $110k

The 23-year-old earned at least $1.25 million on Saturday night, according to ESPN.com's Dan Rafael. For his part, Angulo takes home a minimum of $850,000, which was increased by $100,000 after Canelo failed to make the 154-pound weight limit on Friday.

According to Badenhausen, if the fight reaches 300,000 PPV buys, Alvarez gets $6 million, and if it gets to 400,000 buys, the payout increases to $8 million.

Which is funny since that's around the same PPV numbers Rousey is getting, yet she's only making a fraction of what Alvarez is making. Why? Because, Alavarez gets 80% of the profits whereas in MMA the UFC gets 80% of the profits:

@DanRafael: Canelo's guarantee is his minimum. He's on an 80-20 split of the profits with GB. He gets 80%. So he will make much more.

Moral of the story If you have a PPV contract you can objectively say you are worth a certain amount. Men lie women lie numbers dont.

Hate on the UFC business model rather only sharing 20% revenue on the fighters!!!

lets not kid ourselves...you know the Anderson Weidman rematch had nothing to do with 168 pulling in those numbers. :rolleyes:

he didnt make $22000 for that fight disclosed? so what did he really make? you have the details of his contract handy?

hell, Nick Catone (13/13) and Chris Cariaso (12/12) made more in disclosed pay than what Barao did.

http://www.cagepotato.com/ufc-169-s...ir-faber-and-trujillo-also-clear-six-figures/

sorry, man...we need a sarcasm font here.

i have no details. neither does cagepotato. new jersey does not release fighter pay.

Back