Looking to get into Whiskey

It would have to be the whole barrel. Typically the bottle is too small to get into.

m1702.jpg

Every beginner should start out on this whiskey. Nice and smooth and doesn’t kick to bad. After that, drink some Crown Royal Apple with Sprite.

This is for High School and College kids. It’s what you start on, drink too much of, puke your brains out and graduate to something better.

This is for High School and College kids. It’s what you start on, drink too much of, puke your brains out and graduate to something better.
Many panties have been dropped with that shit over the years but very true statement. I’ve never liked it.

But I started off drinking my dads Jack

Buffalo trace and Elijah Craig are 2 I liked when I first started. I use buy the little mini bottles of things to try out too

This is an excellent post for someone looking for something sweet (as opposed to a smoky scotch).

Someone also mentioned Eagle Rare. Really, anything from Buffalo Trace.

I'm honestly not convinced ANYONE genuinely enjoys the taste of ANY hard alcohol.

Finding one you can tolerate? Sure. Finding one that tastes less like rubbing alcohol than the $7 bottle? Absolutely. But legitimately thinking it tastes good? As in you drink it even if it didnt get you drunk? Fake news. Biggest lie ever told.

I'm honestly not convinced ANYONE genuinely enjoys the taste of ANY hard alcohol.

Finding one you can tolerate? Sure. Finding one that tastes less like rubbing alcohol than the $7 bottle? Absolutely. But legitimately thinking it tastes good? As in you drink it even if it didnt get you drunk? Fake news. Biggest lie ever told.
So the huge variety in aged spirits exist for what reason?

love single malts, smoothe or peaty, favorite is Talisker and Laphroaig. but glenmoranjie Lasanta is a good starter for anyone

Currently on a Rye kick, had half a bottle of Basil Haydens Dark Rye tonight.

not into mixing unless its vodka soda or cheap rum and diet coke.

love good beers too, going to No Label out here in Katy this Sunday

Well, I have drank whiskey for a good 30 years. I have tried many brands, many styles and flavors, I have tried stuff that cost $2000 a bottle. My fav isn't fancy of expensive. It is just my favorite.
Hiram.Walker.Special.Old_.Large_.jpg

Find some craft whiskey makers in your area and start there.
While this might be true for craft breweries, it’s horrible advice for craft distilleries looking to make whiskey. They cut corners wherever possible in order to generate revenue until their bourbon barrels age. By that time, they start to realize their mistakes and have had to go back and make corrections that will take several years to materialize. Even still, it’s probably going to taste worse and cost more than the larger distilleries that have been doing this for years (100+ years in some cases) and have the know-how required to produce a quality product.

I have to say Proper Twelve was a lot better than I was expecting.

Grabbed it for $54 today
You can’t find it for much cheaper than that! Well done.

You tried the Stagg Jr? I had some at a steak house last year and went out and bought 4 bottles of the Batch 9. That shit is incredibly delicious.

You can’t find it for much cheaper than that! Well done.

You tried the Stagg Jr? I had some at a steak house last year and went out and bought 4 bottles of the Batch 9. That shit is incredibly delicious.

I have not. Also Elijah Craig?

I have not. Also Elijah Craig?
Stagg Jr is from Buffalo Trace Distillery. It’s essentially a barrel proof version of Buffalo Trace Bourbon. It’s excellent and it’s only $50 (MSRP), though some places charge $80 - $100.

Stagg Jr is from Buffalo Trace Distillery. It’s essentially a barrel proof version of Buffalo Trace Bourbon. It’s excellent and it’s only $50 (MSRP), though some places charge $80 - $100.

I'll keep a lookout. Where are you located?

I'm in Philly and we have solid distillery called New Liberty that makes a brand name called Kinsey. Good stuff if you come across it.

Back