Looking to get into Whiskey

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Can any sherbros help?

Over time, I have had experiences with not-so-nice whiskey, such as: Jack Daniels, Jim Bean etc. Which are average for taste, and can get you drunk if you need it.

However, I want to delve into drinking whiskey to somewhat relax, and enjoy the taste, rather than mixing it with unesseccary soft drinks.

I was thinking of starting with Glenmorangie, Glenfiddich or Glen Isla, for the liquor store nearest to me has these and rarely go out of stock.

I would like to start with something smooth, a little sweet and not a harsh aftertaste. Something that can be somewhat diluted with water, too, if needed.

Thoughts?

05c8d253-681b-4ec4-a7b0-903cbc2d8f7d_1.3f72fbf577cfc2697616cc0f911812f5.jpeg

Glenmorangie 10 or Glenfiddich 12 are perfect starters if you are looking to get into scotch whisky.

Tullamore Dew if you're looking to get into Irish whiskey, probably the best at it's price point.

None are complex, but at the price point really good whiskeys. You should always put at least a little drop of water into whiskey in my experience, opens up the smells and flavours. The specific amount will depend on the whiskey and your taste.

I would suggest Old Pultney Navigator ... its a mid range Scotch (around 50ish a bottle) but really smooth and a good tasting beginner Scotch

Oban 14 and Laphroaig 12 great whiskeys to try
Not too expensive but oh so delicious
Peaty and smooth

I would suggest Old Pultney Navigator ... its a mid range Scotch (around 50ish a bottle) but really smooth and a good tasting beginner Scotch
I got a bottle of Old Pulteney 12 as a gift and was surprised at how good it was because I had never heard of it before

I hear this Connie chick has a great whiskey.

Find some craft whiskey makers in your area and start there.

Buffalo trace and Elijah Craig are 2 I liked when I first started. I use buy the little mini bottles of things to try out too

I got a bottle of Old Pulteney 12 as a gift and was surprised at how good it was because I had never heard of it before
The Navigator is an even better version of the 12... I've had both and the Navigator is miles above out of the two.

You in the wrong forum TS...

Wine, brewery, craft beer: Mayberry

Domestic Beer: WW

Whisky -->It's a trap--->jail thread--->

OT forums...

I was at the dallas cowboys game this past weekend, and this loud irish guy in a nice suit was handing out bottles of one called proper twelve.

I didn't try it though, he seemed annoyed at my khabib nurmagomedov t shirt and didn't give me a bottle.

Spirits in general or just uisce beatha? Whiskey is the only spirit I like straight, well, I do like poitín sometimes too.
I enjoyed Gin. Every other spirit tastes like poison to me. Love beer though.

Back