Lomachenko - Solido II in the works for August

Solido? I knew it.
Lomachenko is such a bitch.
Still duckin Salido.

Ah good news. Will be a good opportunity to see how Lomachenko deals with the tricky old bugger. I think we'll see Loma complaining rather loudly this time if Salido resorts to underhand tactics again. And I suspect Loma and co. will be looking rather carefully at getting a decent referee after the last debacle.

Loma is going to beat the fucking brakes off of him. Clinic showcase.

I bet Salido makes it more of a fight that you guys expect.

If Loma falls for that same ultra dirty shit he did the first time it will prove he's not as good of a fighter as I thought he was. I have no doubt Salido will try to pick up in round 13 with headbutts and low blows and elbows but a truly great fighter learns and adapts which is exactly what I expect from Loma. He shouldn't need a ref to save him in a rematch. He should do it his damn self.

This is the guy who wanted to fight for a legit championship 37 seconds after turning pro so it's time to fucking earn that superstar treatment regardless of refs and dirty fighters.

Ahh yes, the guy who repeatedly claimed Loma ducked So-cheato now thinks he'll give him a good fight. Please have your Kleenex on hand, you will be in tears

If Loma falls for that same ultra dirty shit he did the first time it will prove he's not as good of a fighter as I thought he was. I have no doubt Salido will try to pick up in round 13 with headbutts and low blows and elbows but a truly great fighter learns and adapts which is exactly what I expect from Loma. He shouldn't need a ref to save him in a rematch. He should do it his damn self.

This is the guy who wanted to fight for a legit championship 37 seconds after turning pro so it's time to fucking earn that superstar treatment regardless of refs and dirty fighters.

Yeah, a truly great fighter should be able to work around blatant chea5ing and dirty tactics. While were at it, let's just get rid of refs all together.

Refs are supposed to do their job and Lawrence Cole, who's daddy is head of the Texas State athletic commission, was a failure of a ref that made a fight which should've been a draw into a split loss despite Loma OUTLANDING and Rocking Solido.

Floyd was a clever fighter, probably the brightest we've seen in the last two decades (if not ever). He knew how to use referees to his advantage and he did. I don't see why Lomachenko wouldn't use the referee if he has learned anything at all from the last time he met Salido. You can't counter low blows with anything but low blows. Perhaps Lomachenko will resort to low blows as I've seen him hit low in one of his fights post-Salido when an opponent went a bit south with his punches. But if Salido goes full bore with low blows like he did last time I see nothing wrong with using the ref. That just shows smarts.

IF salido beats loma again, will the fanboys still bitch and moan?

IF salido beats loma again, will the fanboys still bitch and moan?
That'll be a sad day for boxing if it does happen. 100+ low blows are what won Salido that fight (i know I counted every single one). Personally I think if it happens again Lomachenko deserves it. Only an idiot would let that shit happen to him a second time. He has all the advantages of deciding who the ref is going to be, he's learned how to complain to referees in dramatic fashion and he's even learned to low blow back. If Salido can manage to pull off a dirty boxing masterpiece again then fair play to him.

Yeah, a truly great fighter should be able to work around blatant chea5ing and dirty tactics. While were at it, let's just get rid of refs all together.

Refs are supposed to do their job and Lawrence Cole, who's daddy is head of the Texas State athletic commission, was a failure of a ref that made a fight which should've been a draw into a split loss despite Loma OUTLANDING and Rocking Solido.

Floyd was a clever fighter, probably the brightest we've seen in the last two decades (if not ever). He knew how to use referees to his advantage and he did. I don't see why Lomachenko wouldn't use the referee if he has learned anything at all from the last time he met Salido. You can't counter low blows with anything but low blows. Perhaps Lomachenko will resort to low blows as I've seen him hit low in one of his fights post-Salido when an opponent went a bit south with his punches. But if Salido goes full bore with low blows like he did last time I see nothing wrong with using the ref. That just shows smarts.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a ref doing what they are supposed to do and properly enforcing the rules of a fight. That's so obvious it shouldn't even need to be said. That is not the same thing as a fighter counting on the ref to do a good job. The only thing any fighter can count on in the ring is himself.

How many fights did using disgusting dirty tactics help Hopkins win? A shitload. How many times was he disqualified? Zero times. Same thing with Casamayor. Abner Mares landed dozens upon dozens of low blows in ONE fight and the ref counted the most blatant one as a knockdown that gave him the victory. Holyfield dominated many fights with brutal headbutts. Lenox Lewis knocked guys out by holding their heads down and throwing uppercuts. If you fight one of those guys and lose you damn well better learn how to fight against those tactics better when you sign up for a rematch. The ref didn't give a shit about Loma the first time. He needs to know how to win if the ref doesn't give a shit about him this time either.

I bet we here about how old and shot Salido was only once Salido gets his shit pushed in.

Of course, it wouldn't be boxing without hypocritical fans
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a ref doing what they are supposed to do and properly enforcing the rules of a fight. That's so obvious it shouldn't even need to be said. That is not the same thing as a fighter counting on the ref to do a good job. The only thing any fighter can count on in the ring is himself.

How many fights did using disgusting dirty tactics help Hopkins win? A shitload. How many times was he disqualified? Zero times. Same thing with Casamayor. Abner Mares landed dozens upon dozens of low blows in ONE fight and the ref counted the most blatant one as a knockdown that gave him the victory. Holyfield dominated many fights with brutal headbutts. Lenox Lewis knocked guys out by holding their heads down and throwing uppercuts. If you fight one of those guys and lose you damn well better learn how to fight against those tactics better when you sign up for a rematch. The ref didn't give a shit about Loma the first time. He needs to know how to win if the ref doesn't give a shit about him this time either.

Doesn't change the fact that sub par refs should be removed from the sport. That was my point. I know Injustices have happened, but it needs to end. But yea, Loma was too green and too used to the ammys where the refs are strict. Imo, Loma still talks too much to the ref

Back