Lomachenko - Solido II in the works for August

Salidos got lomas number. Styles make fights.

Well to be fair he did use "dirty tactics a lot " , we will see if loma has gotten the experience to deal with these in this next fight. Because honestly that might be his best chance at making it tough for lomachenko

Salidos got lomas number. Styles make fights.

He doesn't have a style.

He fights like it's a damn kumite and leaves opponents like this...

NVjMpK.gif

Has Lomo fought another rugged gritty guy since Salido?

He might not have learned anything. He'd be best served getting Salido outta there early.

Has Lomo fought another rugged gritty guy since Salido?

He might not have learned anything. He'd be best served getting Salido outta there early.
he hasn't, but you what we can see is that he's significantly upped his output. he was really passive when he fought salido and he has no reason to be this time around. also, i doubt he (or the ref) will let salido punch his nuts all night long this time around.

he threw roughly the same amount vs walters in 7 rounds (437) as he did vs salido in 12 (441). that's almost doubling the punch count. threw even more per round against sosa. now obviously the opponent has a lot to do with how much you throw, but i don't expect lomachenko to just stand there this time. i think he'll go after him and try to finish him.

Kind of risky. If Loma doesn't win this decisively he'll get a lot of feces flung at him.

Since refreeing cannot be worse than in their first encounter it will all be on Loma to make it his own fight.

Yeah, losing a hard-fought decision to a world champion on your second pro bout is a strong case for seppuku.

Good. Avenge the loss and go about competing for P4P #1 for the next few years.

Loma flew a little close to the sun taking the Salido fight so early in his pro career.
Letting Salido come in so heavy, trusting him not to cheat and taking the fight in Texas showed a certain level of arrogance on Loma's behalf. I think he understands the pro game isnt about pure boxing skill. (Look at guys like Ward or B Hop). Good news for Loma is he had it figured out before the last couple rounds and almost came back to win that fight. I think this will be a clinic.

It don't matter. A guy with many losses already put a permanent blemish on the stellar boxer that will never be erased.

You must not follow boxing a lot. Many ATG's have losses in their careers. This was his SECOND pro fight. It's crazy how far you So-cheato fans have to dig to discredit a fighter that will go down in history as an ATG. Meanwhile you're cheating homie will be a footnote in boxing history, known for some decent wars and the one time he cheated his was to a win over a green prospect.

I can already see you, tucked under the covers cuddling your teddy bear repeating " at least he won the first one".

I must be one of the few who is a big fan of both guys.

I want loma to win but I want salido to use all his tricks and make a last hurrah.

Lol just got some Salido fights on blue ray. Lopez 1 and 2 and Vargas. Like both guys and I cant wait for the rematch!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a ref doing what they are supposed to do and properly enforcing the rules of a fight. That's so obvious it shouldn't even need to be said. That is not the same thing as a fighter counting on the ref to do a good job. The only thing any fighter can count on in the ring is himself.

How many fights did using disgusting dirty tactics help Hopkins win? A shitload. How many times was he disqualified? Zero times. Same thing with Casamayor. Abner Mares landed dozens upon dozens of low blows in ONE fight and the ref counted the most blatant one as a knockdown that gave him the victory. Holyfield dominated many fights with brutal headbutts. Lenox Lewis knocked guys out by holding their heads down and throwing uppercuts. If you fight one of those guys and lose you damn well better learn how to fight against those tactics better when you sign up for a rematch. The ref didn't give a shit about Loma the first time. He needs to know how to win if the ref doesn't give a shit about him this time either.

OK then I'll ask you one question, how do you counter low blows (over than complaining to the ref)? The only way I see how is to low blow back yourself. Loma has done that since turning pro.

And as I said again Floyd wasn't above using a ref to do his work for him. He made damn sure that Joe Cortez didn't let Ricky Hatton work on the inside when they got into a clinch. I call that smart fighting.

OK then I'll ask you one question, how do you counter low blows (over than complaining to the ref)? The only way I see how is to low blow back yourself.

off topic, but i liked canelo when he threw something really low at mayweather while mayweather way pushing down on the back of his head, or holding him in a headlock or some shit... not sure what it was, but floyd was being naughty and canelo was having none of it. i liked how he didn't try to play it down or anything, either. made it pretty clear what he did and why he did it.

lomachenko should throw a 3 punch combo to salido's nuts at the opening bell, just to even the score from last time a little bit.

off topic, but i liked canelo when he threw something really low at mayweather while mayweather way pushing down on the back of his head, or holding him in a headlock or some shit... not sure what it was, but floyd was being naughty and canelo was having none of it. i liked how he didn't try to play it down or anything, either. made it pretty clear what he did and why he did it.

lomachenko should throw a 3 punch combo to salido's nuts at the opening bell, just to even the score from last time a little bit.
lol I'd love it if Loma did that straight off the bat. Who know's Loma's strategy might be to do that all fight long. It would certainly be a sweet payback if he did that.

There was a lot more to Salido giving Lomachenko a lot of trouble their first time out than merely the fouling and Lawrence Cole's pathetic refereeing, but Lomachenko is clearly a far better fighter than he was a few years ago, and Salido, who was already old their first time out, has been in several wars since and is on a clear downslide. You could argue that Lomachenko hasn't fought a pressure fighter with infighting ability (and a disregard for the rules) like Salido since, but that's not going to matter here. It should be a slaughter.

Yep thats exactly one of those things that made me a fan of Canelo. So young and behaving like a veteran against the best guy in the sport. Its how you handle yourself like a man in the ring, like theres no ref but rules to abide by, handle it yourself dont ex0ect the referee to, cause half the time he didnt see it. Floyd and BHop are masters at noticing when the ref is at a bad angle.

Back