Loma vs Crawford at 137

Crawford is already bigger than Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather ever were, by quite a bit.

That is very true but by todays standards both of those guys would be considered pretty small for their division. The weight cut game is ridiculous these days.

I am still against the GGG/Saul fight but Now I see the plan GBP has for him after he losses. They werent stalling the fight to make a Big Check(Like they will) but were waiting for another Name(winner of Spence/Brook) to raise up at Saul's natural wieght of 154, so when he loses they can keep Saul's popular and build him back up with a Name at 154. I expect Saul to go to on to fight the winner of the Spence/Brook fight before he ever fight Charlo at 160.

Interesting. You might be right but I think Canelo will avoid going back down win or lose. He's young and healthy but doing that shit still isn't safe.

Crawford should never go below 140 ever again, and should probably go to 147 soon. There are so many big money fights at 147 right now, and really nothing at all at 140.

I didn't think he looked small against Diaz at all. He walked into the ring at 157 pounds, and Diaz was like 160 or so. But Crawford is actually the guy that appears to have a natural welterweight build to me because of his length.

Crawford is already bigger than Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather ever were, by quite a bit.

I don't think he's bigger than Floyd. Same height. Less reach.

But there's not any reason he shouldn't be at WW.

The big reason to stay at 140 is because he's just one fight from truly unifying all 4 legit championship belts. That is a great motivation to stay and a great thing to add to his resume for moving up.

But Crawford is actually the guy that appears to have a natural welterweight build to me because of his length.
Length isn't really a true indicator of size to me. He doesn't seem to have the bone and muscle structure of a true welter from what I can see.

I think Crawford does well at 147, but he's best being big at 140. He isn't the only big guy at his weight now, and the guys he would fight at 147 are bigger cutters than he is at 140.

Length isn't really a true indicator of size to me. He doesn't seem to have the bone and muscle structure of a true welter from what I can see.

I think Crawford does well at 147, but he's best being big at 140. He isn't the only big guy at his weight now, and the guys he would fight at 147 are bigger cutters than he is at 140.

But the money is at 147, and height and reach play a big role. In boxing, it does not really pay off to be short and stocky in most cases. A guy like Crawford has the reach and frame to move up, while a short guy like Diaz is immediately at a disadvantage if he goes up.

He weighs more than Floyd ever weighed though, and is still at 140. If he went to 147, he'd be well into the 160s probably.

He weighs more than Floyd ever weighed though, and is still at 140. If he went to 147, he'd be well into the 160s probably.
I think as long as a fighter has no real issue making any weight, he should stay there unless a golden opportunity comes along, which seems to be the case for Crawford. Nothing wrong with finding worthy contenders in your weight class until you get presented something big.

Do we know how much Floyd weighed on fight nights? I can't remember seeing those numbers. He looked really thick vs Manny I remember.

Back