Loma vs Crawford at 137

these are all pretty recent quotes. So which is it Seano? Do you want Loma to fight Salido or not?
Bro @Seano mind is like ying and yang.. polor opposites but once put together its harmony

colorful-ying-yang-galaxies-animated-gif.gif

I wanted him to face Salido a couple of years ago. Not wait until Salido has not won 75% of his fights since their first fight, every one of them a brutal war.

This is the classic top rank model. Build up guys against recognizable names who are not what they once were. They did the same thing with Walters.

Russell is a young talented fighter. Walters is a prime talented fighter. Again, what are you talking about?

Loma vs Crawford??
I don't think my ears could handle that much fawning from the announcers.

'Cause Bud understands the sport exceedingly well... what about Cheese though?

Cheese just paid 70$ to watch a fight between a Natural 154lbs take on a natural 175 at a catchweight of 167 and thought, he if they can do it, than why cant 2 of the so called P4P do it too. The Catchwieght PPV Fight sold a 1mil+ ppvs.

No way this happens. Lomachenko is already cherry picker, 10 fights into his career. He won't take a fight like this.

Crawford is cherry picking himself since he's not asking to fight Spence. Spence is cherry picking since he's not asking for Canelo or GGG. Garcia must be cherry picking too since he's not fighting Crawford. Love your logic.

Cheese just paid 70$ to watch a fight between a Natural 154lbs take on a natural 175 at a catchweight of 167 and thought, he if they can do it, than why cant 2 of the so called P4P do it too. The Catchwieght PPV Fight sold a 1mil+ ppvs.

lol... where would the financial incentive come for either guy to make this particular fight happen?

The fight you reference (and, you didn't REALLY buy that shit did you?) took place between two dudes with fan bases in the biggest boxing country in the world. One of them happens to be the economic driver of the sport atm.

The smaller dude took the fight cause the larger dude was easy pickings. The larger dude took the fight for the $, and to cash out. His star is clearly near extinction and he wanted to cash in on his name value IMO.

You think Bud vs Loma would sniff anything close to a million buys?
Lomachenko's not about to go up two weight classes to fight a guy that is very close to his skill level (again IMO) for anything less then gigantic money, and I don't believe Crawford could go down much further in weight even if he wanted to.

No fucking way.

these are all pretty recent quotes. So which is it Seano? Do you want Loma to fight Salido or not?
Whats so hard to understand? you guys and your lomachenko worship, you'd think I was talking about your mom or something.

Of course he should avenge the loss, I just don't care about it as much as I used to. It was an interesting fight a year ago.

this is what I'm saying. Salido was an interesting option at one point, before he and his team started talking about Garcia.

Don't pretend that Salido is as great an opponent as he was prior to his last 3 fights.Just like Walters was a more viable option before he looked like trash.

Crawford is cherry picking himself since he's not asking to fight Spence. Spence is cherry picking since he's not asking for Canelo or GGG. Garcia must be cherry picking too since he's not fighting Crawford. Love your logic.
I don't really care for Crawford. He's probably a little undersized for 147 based on the size difference against Diaz.

Whats so hard to understand? you guys and your lomachenko worship, you'd think I was talking about your mom or something.

Of course he should avenge the loss, I just don't care about it as much as I used to. It was an interesting fight a year ago.

Allright, I'm not a particularly big Loma fan, let's dispell that myth. I've made quite a few posts criticizing him.

most of those posts were from no more than three or so months ago. You were pretty clearly interested in it while the fight was out of the realm of possibility, but now that the fight is being made, it seems like you've suddenly lost interest in it for some weird reason. It's pretty clear that you just feigned interest in Salido so that you could say that Loma is ducking. But now that the fight is signed, you don't want it at all.

this is what I'm saying. Salido was an interesting option at one point, before he and his team started talking about Garcia.
that's pretty clearly not what you're saying though, given the fact that you were calling for this fight only a short few months ago and called Loma a duck when Salido was the one booked to fight a Thai scrub. You even directly said that Loma needs to avenge the Salido loss before they can fight Mikey, which is more or less exactly what you're gonna get.

Don't pretend that Salido is as great an opponent as he was prior to his last 3 fights.Just like Walters was a more viable option before he looked like trash.

Are you senile? Let's take a quick look on my thoughts on this fight (a view I have been consistent about ever since the fight has been in discussion).

I see what you're getting at. But I don't think optics justify easy cash ins and using a guy like Salido as a sacrificial lamb.
they don't mention him now because that would be a pointless cash out. I don't feel like seeing Salido get killed
who cares how well known he is? Name doesn't change the fact that he just beat the four year #1 at that weight. He's as tough as most of the other guys. Revenge on Salido is less compelling this honestly, Salido is worn out and easy pickings, this guy is a fresh face
honestly, I'm genuinely more concerned for Salido at this point. The dude has taken a hell of a lot of punishment in 6 of his last 7 (Cruz was the only guy I think he got away with pretty well). How many wars can a fighter take? After seeing Vasyl embarrass walters (and I think Walters would beat the piss out of Salido at this point) I'm not confident in Salido at all, who barely beat him last time. I'd really rather he just retire at this point, maybe take a money fight with somebody featherfisted.
I don't give Salido a shot in hell at this point frankly. If Walters couldn't do it, what is Salido going to do? Get punched more? A couple years ago, I'd be all for it. Now? No, absolutely not.

I'm the one who has been against this fight since day one. You were the (only) one demanding a Salido fight until it became a reality (you were talking about how Salido was the only interesting option for Loma at 130, you were talking about how he needed to rematch Salido before Loma could consider a Mikey fight, accused him of ducking), then all of a sudden you were critical of it when it got signed. You were the one saying that Loma was avoiding Salido (and of course, my favorite quote of how Salido is all about coming back and kicking ass) and now that hte fight is made, you don't want it.

That's the thing Seano, you're not wrong (this fight is a lame cash grab by Loma and team), it's just that you're a hypocrite with a pretty clear agenda. Salido was your safety blanket, and now your safety blanket is gonna get KOd so you have to find a way to discredit it.

This is the fight that needs to happen. Lets see who is the best. Crawford made 140 and Loma is talking bout moving to 135, So there is no Legit excuse for this fight not happen othrr than Loma is scared.

Lets do this by X-Mas HBO. No more mismatches with these two.

You are the same guy who constantly complains about Canelo fighting GGG because the size difference is soooooo unfair and it's just going to hurt the sport because it's such a ridiculously one-sided easy blow out fight for the massive GGG against the micro Canelo.

How in the fuck are you okay with Loma jumping up two weight classes??????????

You are the same guy who constantly complains about Canelo fighting GGG because the size difference is soooooo unfair and it's just going to hurt the sport because it's such a ridiculously one-sided easy blow out fight for the massive GGG against the micro Canelo.

How in the fuck are you okay with Loma jumping up two weight classes??????????

Cause loma might have the skills to over come the size different IMO and might make it a good fight. Loma is going to 135 he next fight and Crawford still there making 140 easy. So he could meat him at 137 or if the money is right 135 even.

I thoughy you believe the hype around Loma. Dont you think he has the skills to compete at 135 or you think he is gonna stay at 130 were he is safe and fighting the easy fights like washed up Solido instead of moving up and challaging Crawford like everyone wants to see.That is a PPV seller IMO. 500k easy.

Cause loma might have the skills to over come the size different IMO and might make it a good fight. Loma is going to 135 he next fight and Crawford still there making 140 easy. So he could meat him at 137 or if the money is right 135 even.

I thoughy you believe the hype around Loma. Dont you think he has the skills to compete at 135 or you think he is gonna stay at 130 were he is safe and fighting the easy fights like washed up Solido instead of moving up and challaging Crawford like everyone wants to see.That is a PPV seller IMO. 500k easy.

I think Loma is a truly gifted fighter and I would be happy to see him fight anyone at any weight who poses a big threat and would make for a fun fight.

You said dozens of times that's it's not fair for Canelo to go from 154 to 160(even when he was the 160 pound lineal champion and even after he fought at 164.5)so this entire thread is nonsense. Not because of the proposed fight which would be fun but because YOU are the one proposing it.

I think Loma is a truly gifted fighter and I would be happy to see him fight anyone at any weight who poses a big threat and would make for a fun fight.

You said dozens of times that's it's not fair for Canelo to go from 154 to 160(even when he was the 160 pound lineal champion and even after he fought at 164.5)so this entire thread is nonsense. Not because of the proposed fight which would be fun but because YOU are the one proposing it.

So becauze I obeject to ONE fight, that is must be opinion on ALL Fights. I am talking about 4 competely people but whatever. I get it. You dont have a problem with Loma vs Crawford at a catchwieght fight . You have a personal problem me. My bad, i didnt mean to upset you.

So becauze I obeject to ONE fight, that is must be opinion on ALL Fights. I am talking about 4 competely people but whatever. I get it. You dont have a problem with Loma vs Crawford at a catchwieght fight . You have a personal problem me. My bad, i didnt mean to upset you.

I don't have a problem with you at all. You seem like a pretty nice guy.

It's just mind-boggling that you can have two entirely opposite opinions about the same exact thing. Most people here are biased one way or another about some fighters but you take that to a whole new and exciting level.

I don't have a problem with you at all. You seem like a pretty nice guy.

It's just mind-boggling that you can have two entirely opposite opinions about the same exact thing. Most people here are biased one way or another about some fighters but you take that to a whole new and exciting level.

I dont see all catchwieghts fights as need and have been against a few and for some. I look at the fighters that are there and try judge them by that. I got to be fair. ;)

I dont see all catchwieghts fights as need and have been against a few and for some. I look at the fighters that are there and try judge them by that. I got to be fair. ;)

I get that but Canelo against GGG isn't even a catchweight fight unless you consider Canelo going down from 164.5 to 160 a catchweight. I doubt he would ever go below 160 again and I'm not sure he even could. It would be easier to just admit you hate GGG and don't want to see him crush Canelo instead of claiming the sky is falling because Canelo had to go up 5 pounds and now down 5 pounds. If GGG kills him it's because he's a better fighter. Not because he's bigger or smaller.

JUST ADMIT IT CHEESE!!!

Crawford should never go below 140 ever again, and should probably go to 147 soon. There are so many big money fights at 147 right now, and really nothing at all at 140.

I don't really care for Crawford. He's probably a little undersized for 147 based on the size difference against Diaz.

I didn't think he looked small against Diaz at all. He walked into the ring at 157 pounds, and Diaz was like 160 or so. But Crawford is actually the guy that appears to have a natural welterweight build to me because of his length.

Crawford is already bigger than Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather ever were, by quite a bit.

I get that but Canelo against GGG isn't even a catchweight fight unless you consider Canelo going down from 164.5 to 160 a catchweight. I doubt he would ever go below 160 again and I'm not sure he even could. It would be easier to just admit you hate GGG and don't want to see him crush Canelo instead of claiming the sky is falling because Canelo had to go up 5 pounds and now down 5 pounds. If GGG kills him it's because he's a better fighter. Not because he's bigger or smaller.

JUST ADMIT IT CHEESE!!!

I am still against the GGG/Saul fight but Now I see the plan GBP has for him after he losses. They werent stalling the fight to make a Big Check(Like they will) but were waiting for another Name(winner of Spence/Brook) to raise up at Saul's natural wieght of 154, so when he loses they can keep Saul's popular and build him back up with a Name at 154. I expect Saul to go to on to fight the winner of the Spence/Brook fight before he ever fight Charlo at 160.

Back