Loma vs Crawford at 137

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is the fight that needs to happen. Lets see who is the best. Crawford made 140 and Loma is talking bout moving to 135, So there is no Legit excuse for this fight not happen othrr than Loma is scared.

Lets do this by X-Mas HBO. No more mismatches with these two.

This is the fight that needs to happen. Lets see who is the best. Crawford made 140 and Loma is talking bout moving to 135, So there is no Legit excuse for this fight not happen othrr than Loma is scared.

Lets do this by X-Mas HBO. No more mismatches with these two.
gif-scarface.gif

Loma has no shot, The Boxing Messiah has arrived and his name is Terrance Crawford, let all who behold bow in his greatness- HBO

Loma would be good to not call anyone out. 140-147 is a murderers row of guys.

Crawford but don't count Loma out. He is a tricky bastard but I see the fight maybe turning out the same way as Crawford vs Gamboa with Crawford eventually finishing him due to size and power.

Not gonna happen anytime soon. Crawford eats any current 140 pounder for breakfast and Loma hasn't proved he carries substantial firepower at 135. Plenty of great challenges there (Linares, Garcia, Flanagan come to mind). Plus he'll likely fight Salido first.

Crawford has too much size.

Loma is not only small but he's got short arms and lacks the power like Manny to fight much larger than his weight.

In a perfect world:
- Loma is fighting Mikey Garcia
- Crawford is fighting manny Paciaou
-Wilder is unifying with Joshua
- Rigo moves up and embaresses all the champions that ducked him

Oh well, atleasy we're getting Canelo/GGG this year.

No way this happens. Lomachenko is already cherry picker, 10 fights into his career. He won't take a fight like this.

No way this happens. Lomachenko is already cherry picker, 10 fights into his career. He won't take a fight like this.
Who do you suggest for lomachenko to fight?

Who do you suggest for lomachenko to fight?
The same class of fighter he and his team mention in post fights and other interviews. Garcia, Pac etc. Pac is unrealistic I guess. Garcia is not.

The same class of fighter he and his team mention in post fights and other interviews. Garcia, Pac etc. Pac is unrealistic I guess. Garcia is not.
didn't you say you wanted him to face Salido, and that you thought that was the only interesting fight for him at 130? He's doing it now. Loma is not a cherry picker, this is just a myth you have going on in your head.

according to Arum, the plan is Salido, maybe Jezreel after that (would be a great fight), then Flanagan, then Pac.

didn't you say you wanted him to face Salido, and that you thought that was the only interesting fight for him at 130? He's doing it now. Loma is not a cherry picker, this is just a myth you have going on in your head.

according to Arum, the plan is Salido, maybe Jezreel after that (would be a great fight), then Flanagan, then Pac.

Honesty, thats an awful schhedule. He'd be heavily heavily heavily favored against salido, flanagan, or corralles. The Salido matchup would purely be an ego fight, no one in the world thinks Salido stands a chance the second time around, but maybe that fight needs to happen so he can move on.The Pac fight doesnt seem realistic and not terribly interesting considering Pacs age. If Loma wants a rep as someone who fights everyone he needs to fight Mikey Garcia within a year, summer 2018 at the latest, otherwise Mikeys gonna move up. A Linares fight would also be interesting.

If Loma fights Salido this summer, Linares next spring, and Garcia next summer/fall, that sched would earn him respect and would be great for boxing.

Last edited:

I wanted him to face Salido a couple of years ago. Not wait until Salido has not won 75% of his fights since their first fight, every one of them a brutal war.

This is the classic top rank model. Build up guys against recognizable names who are not what they once were. They did the same thing with Walters.

Loma a cherry picker. . . . Come on now. You're right about him not fighting Crawford though. Arum wouldn't let it happen even if both guys wanted it.

Skill wise, Loma all day long.

However, you can't discount the huge weight disparity. Shitty fight.

Crawford needs to look UP for guys, not down a couple of weight classes... that isn't greatness.

Skill wise, Loma all day long.

However, you can't discount the huge weight disparity. Shitty fight.

Crawford needs to look UP for guys, not down a couple of weight classes... that isn't greatness.

Crawford is on record saying its not a realistic fight.

I wanted him to face Salido a couple of years ago. Not wait until Salido has not won 75% of his fights since their first fight, every one of them a brutal war.
Wow, this is exactly what I said, literally word for word what I said, a month ago. The only difference was you said I was scared of Lomachenko losing to Salido and you thought it was the only interesting fight for Loma at 130 because Salido is "all about getting beat up and coming back to kick ass."

You were calling for this fight while it seemed out of possibility so you could call Loma a duck. Now the fight has been signed and all of a sudden you've lost interest because Salido is "old" and "war worn."

with that said, I am really glad you acknowledged that I am right: this is a stupid, pointless fight against a war-torn opponent. I just wish you had acknowledged it BEFORE the fight was signed, cause your security blanket is gonna get his ass kicked brutally.

Honesty, thats an awful schhedule. He'd be heavily heavily heavily favored against salido, flanagan, or corralles. The Salido matchup would purely be an ego fight, no one in the world thinks Salido stands a chance the second time around, but maybe that fight needs to happen so he can move on.The Pac fight doesnt seem realistic and not terribly interesting considering Pacs age. If Loma wants a rep as someone who fights everyone he needs to fight Mikey Garcia within a year, summer 2018 at the latest, otherwise Mikeys gonna move up. A Linares fight would also be interesting.

If Loma fights Salido this summer, Linares next spring, and Garcia next summer/fall, that sched would earn him respect and would be great for boxing.
I think it's ok. Salido is unnecessary, but Corrales is quality (would be for the lineal title too). Flangan is the weakest of the titlists, but if Loma is doing it just to position himself for a fight with Garcia/Pac/Linares, then I'm fine with it.

I do want to see the Mikey fight most though, and would take it over any of the fights that Arum outlined.

We'll see what happens. I'd like to see Lomachenko avenge that loss but if Salido goes in another direction, I guess there's not much to be said.

Are you serious? Salido is the only guy to beat him and he's avoided that fight like a rash, fighting guys who fought Salido instead.

Salido would still give him problems. IF you look at what he struggled with from Salido before, what experience has he gained that says he handles a guy with ease who fights like Salido?

Salido is a bull. I've never seen a Salido fight where he didn't get his shots in and it wouldn't start with a guy who couldn't handle him 2 years ago.

Salido is still a tough fight for him and he and Arum know it. Thats why they don't mention him now.

And there's the real reason you don't want Lomachenko fighting Salido.
How is it not? They even started hyping the fight on HBO at one point. Salido has called him out repeatedly and holds a win over him. What constitutes ducking in your book?

I would really like to see Lomachenko vs Garcia too but Lomachenko really needs to avenge the Salido loss first.

these are all pretty recent quotes. So which is it Seano? Do you want Loma to fight Salido or not?

I don't think either man is all that interested in it (they're separated by at least 10 pounds), but at the same time, there really aren't a lot of options for either within TR. Arum will have to be willing to co-promote if either of these men are going to get genuinely big and meaningful fights (unless Pacquiao wants to face Crawford and it doesn't seem like Pacquiao really wants to do that at this stage in his career).

Back