Lmao Trump wants to replace EBT and food stamps with food boxes

what if families have dietary restrictions?

That's a really good point. Let's say they do, and the wrong box gets delivered. How does this situation get rectified such that the person can eat tonight?

This is the very definition of bigger government. And if we know anything, it's that the government can't tie it's own shoes without spending $15,000.

If Donald came up with it it's probably Happy Meal boxes. People will be both full and happy.

How about people feed themselves? The government wasn’t created for handouts. Fucking disgusting that tax dollars go to this.

So this is like government cheese on sterioids. Not the worst idea ever

If implemented it would be interesting to see how they go about it. Like another poster said they'd be better off limiting what the people using food stamps/EBT instead of this imo. This seems like it could be a huge waste of money when reducing things people can buy with them like junk food and cigarettes/alcohol if that's the case too not entirely sure if you can buy those things with stamps and cards tho.

How about simply making EBT only valid for a specific range of food items. Enact stiff penalties for businesses that accept it for anything other than the specific items.

There probably should be EBT/food stamps reform like barring the use on any sugary processed foods but literal rations? Are you right-wing people fucking serious? Rations?!?!?!

Blue Apron is not a bad company, I don't know why they are doing so bad. It isn't a bad idea in principle. It is mainly healthy food with instructions. I had an ex who volunteered to teach nutritious cooking to poor people. They need education and how to prepare healthy meals on a budget. Which is very hard to do with the current EBT system. 200 a month max for one person. and one kid doesnt make it 400. There is some kind of scaling. Basically, I have no idea how any family or even individual can survive on that much money for groceries a month.

Another problem is the lack of real grocery stores in the inner city. You see mostly corner stores. Big grocery has to be bribed to go in there. These inner city residents often don't have access to fresh and healthy foods like produce.

I don't see why it is funny. It couldn't be worse than the current system.

It's actually fairly easy to eat healthy on a $200 a month budget. You can't eat organic, but non-organic fruits and vegetables aren't that expensive. As far as meats go you can avoid red meat and keep the costs down with chicken breasts, frozen fish, and imitation crab.

The only thing you really need to spend more money on is bread or Burrito wraps as high fiber multigrain assortments cost a couple dollars more. Plus things like Canned beans, cottage cheese, yogurt, tea, oatmeal, natural peanut butter, Frozen berries, popcorn, Frozen vegetables, and canned tuna all cost less than buying junk food.

Last edited:
How about simply making EBT only valid for a specific range of food items. Enact stiff penalties for businesses that accept it for anything other than the specific items.

Don't the abusers then just sell their cards at a discount for cash?

I bet somebody like Amazon could make it cost effective. In fact, I bet that is one of the reasons Blue Apron is going to shit. Amazon will have brick and mortar food stores in Whole Foods. Maybe they should ship locally. Delivering of groceries seems to be getting more popular in general.

Also, figure in health care costs of people buying all this junk with EBT.

you can buy food on amazon now. its expensive.

How about people feed themselves? The government wasn’t created for handouts. Fucking disgusting that tax dollars go to this.
The democrats have to create government dependency to assure that they get elected into cozy salary jobs

I'm just in awe that conservatives are putting forth the idea that the government should tell people what they can and can't eat. And then this overtly communist idea of actual rations for American citizens.

Truly mindblowing.

Nice try, but you failed. I manage an apartment complex filled with section 8 tenants. You wouldn’t believe all of the welfare abuse I see everyday.

Thankfully we finally have a president who isn’t ignorant like you.
Oh, and you do an assessment on every tenant to determine their employment status, check their groceries to make sure they only bought essentials, etc.?

Your last comment is laughable.

That won’t keep welfare people from buying those specific food items & trading it for beer

Why not feed them expired MREs? I'm sure the military needs to get rid of some crap they have in stock. Poor people would eat a lot better and they could potentially earn some money on Youtube doing reviews. Not to mention they would get their cigarettes for free. It's a win win situation!

Lol this guy is so fucking weird. I think even Canadians would say he's too positive.

Yep. When I was a kid my babysitter would make Mac and cheese with it when I would stay at her house
Fuckin baaaaaaarf
Government peanut butter is great tho imo

Back