Lmao Trump wants to replace EBT and food stamps with food boxes

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by BjPenn2017, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Teppodama

Teppodama Black Belt

Tie it to some personal information difficult to trade away possibly. I would say SSN, but then you have an issue with potential unregistered people not being able to get the card in places like Cali. Unless each user gets assigned a specific number associated with their card and the card can only be replaced once a month should it be "lost". In the event the card is lost, the card is disabled and a new number assigned. Any requests for replacement cards within the month tied to a specific ID then gets investigated to determine whether fraud is occurring and whether a card should be reissued or denied for a specified period.

2. SRN

SRN SOCRATEEEES

He's excited about every little thing. He's great!

Bamboozled likes this.
  3. Cubo de Sangre

Cubo de Sangre Steel Belt

Poor people can't afford to maintain any sort of ID. Come on bro. :(

4. HIMBOB

HIMBOB Steel Belt

I thought alot of people on food stamps actually have jobs.

IdahoCBR likes this.
  5. Drenalin

Drenalin Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

I’m around these people every day. It’s a 60 apartment complex. I live there, I’m the manager & the maintanence man. I’ve been doing it full time for about 5 years

You’re clueless on welfare. Ask me anything you would like to know.

BjPenn2017, The ScorpioN and PHATV like this.
  6. Teppodama

Teppodama Black Belt

No solution is going to be perfect if the intent is to get high or drunk. You simply can't stop trade. Any government responsibility simply can't stretch beyond providing the service. After a point personal responsibility has to come into play or you just set up government sponsored cantinas and people can go there to eat three times a day everyday on the governments dime / taxpayers dime.

7. Teppodama

Teppodama Black Belt

Oh yeah, I forgot. That's a privilege they haven't unlocked yet.

Turtle Up likes this.
  8. aitkenmike

aitkenmike Orange Belt

It is not logistically possible for this to be cheaper.

Limbo Pete likes this.
  9. Bamboozled

Bamboozled Purple Belt

If we actually used our surplus of goods and sent it out to everyone it would be rad. I'm not even joking. Just send the surplus out to those that apply and it would cut down on waste. It would also be a good barometer to see how far our government spending can go to the general populace.

10. Cubo de Sangre

Cubo de Sangre Steel Belt

Might be time to start micro-chipping the deadbeats. Chip in deadbeats matches chip in EBT card and whala!

11. Sohei

Sohei Too swole to control

They do. Im pretty sure all the Walmart employees are, also bank tellers, probably teachers as well.

IdahoCBR likes this.
  12. Steve-French

Steve-French What A Rush!!!

I'm not against food stamps as it costs the average tax payer very very little. In 2012, the average American taxpayer making $50,000 per year paid just $36 towards the food stamps program and about $6 per year for the rest of the social safety net programs.

But saying that the government is telling them what they can and can't eat is a little dishonest because the government is buying their food; so unless those people start buying their own food the government does in a sense have the right to tell people what they can and can't eat.

13. Steve-French

Steve-French What A Rush!!!

Full time teachers make too much money to qualify for food stamps.

14. xcvbn

xcvbn Silver Belt Platinum Member

So, because Americans subsidize other Americans food consumption, those receiving the benefit lose certain rights afforded to them by the constitution? Why not extend that to every single facit of Americans lives wherever they benefit from a public good?

IdahoCBR, HomerThompson and Sohei like this.
  15. cincymma79

cincymma79 Red Belt

Based on he data you collected from?

16. Teppodama

Teppodama Black Belt

That's coming down the road for credit cards. Or simply tie it to biometrics. Every grocery gets a biometric reader at the register. Give them the card and put your finger on the scanner to unlock the card. The card remains unlocked for 10 minutes, which is more than enough time to check out.

17. HockeyBjj

HockeyBjj Putting on the foil

So I had a liberal friend post about this and I had to give it a tip of the hat at least

"I hope conservatives realize the irony of replacing a free market solution with a government dispersion approach"

18. Rebound59

Rebound59 金繕い belt

But you know what you can't use food stamps for? Diapers. And other non-food necessities.

HomerThompson and WalkenWouldOwn like this.
  19. BjPenn2017

BjPenn2017 Black Belt

Trust me it seems like a waste to me too don't necessarily agree just think it's hilarious idea all around. Would be much easier to limit what people can buy on their EBT cards like junk food and smokes/alcohol if thats the case.

Maybe make them some kind of picture ID or something so people can't trade them off as easily. Makes a hell of a lot more sense than this, this would take alot more work and money it seems.

Also I don't neccesarily think this is the most dignifying way to go about it, as a human being I know how I feel about food. This may be the conspiracy theorist in my talking too, but alot of people have a hard time buying food from stores, would you want the government pre packaging your food and delivering it to your door? Seems like something that would happen in times of extreme famine in 3rd world countries.

I think some kind of system where only certain items can be bought on EBT cards like dairy/fruit and vegetables/eggs/non gourmet meat and basically healthy foods and essentials only and cooking items like olive oil etc can be purchased.

Although I could see this being a fairly hard thing to enforce, I believe people need to maintain some shred of dignity. I'm not talking about the government mooches who have 4 kids raised by people's taxes and the government. I'm talking about the people who may have been laid off work, fallen on hard times, and legitimately need the help.

20. Lord Palis

Lord Palis ♔ Alt alright

First Strike Bars/Brownies are the shit tho