LIVE NOW: ONE - Warrior's Dream (Kadestam vs McGuire, Holzken vs Cosmo), link in OP

Swedish guy has zero killer instinct. Hes down 4 and still clowning around

Was thinking quick stoppage (not that it mattered) then saw the knee in the replay.

From the end of the first round when Kadestam tossed McGuire across the cage you could see where this fight was headed. Really good performance from him nullifying all of Tyler's grappling and dominating from start to finish.

Really great performance from Kadestam. Deserved champ. His second KO with ground knees in ONE.

In his previous fights he had been dominated by the wrestling of Askren, and by Sapo Santos (before getting a late KO).

Here he was fully prepared for the wrestling of McGuire, he never really looked in trouble. He looked really strong in there too.

Granted McGuire is no Askren - but you wouldn't know it looking at their respective fights with Santos.

Being unprepared and then getting blown out in the fight is not the same as a fix though...

If he threw the fight, why would he get up after 2 knockdowns?

Just to clarify my point of view. Im not agreeing about the fight being fixed. I just thought that Cosmo didnt seemed motivated at that fight. Props to Holzken for his incredible performance but i believe a motivated Cosmo would have lasted (a little) longer...

Kadestam knew McGuire had nothing for him, so he spent 24+ minutes fucking around and then put him out. Didn't care for the performance, but I can't blame him. Hopefully next time One gets him a better opponent.

Imagine knocking your opponent out with a spinning back elbow (Pinas) or a sliding knee (Kadestam) and not getting KO of the night?
I would be pissed.<45>

Not available in your country

latest

HEJA SVERIGE FÖR FAN

That was a killer event. Holzken, Suzuki, and Kadestam got it done. Great finishes today. ONE is awesome

United States

They’re really not hooking us up?
Damn that sucks. Its the first I've heard or it..are you really the first American on sherdog who's tried to watch ONE?
:oops:

Edit: I did a quick search. Maybe you can try watching via the ONE app.

Thank you TS! I couldn't watch the entire event but I liked what I saw.
I even thought of posting about it in the UFC forum, to rub in some people's face some actual fighting and grappling. Not the "let's hug it out" crapfest.

Edit: Btw, do you know for how long this vid will stay uploaded? I'm too tired to watch, things will refuse to register in my brain.:p

United States

They’re really not hooking us up?
Really? I’m surprised. I’m in Canada and we have access. Watched the first few fights in bed using the app on my phone and the rest of the card on YouTube while enjoying my morning coffee. One is great entertainment. I especially like the way they mix up Muay Thai, kickboxing and mma on the same card.

One welterweight belt officially now has zero prestige. Kadestam was recently subbed by Juho Valamaa who has now lost two in a row and was KOd today in ten seconds.

One welterweight belt officially now has zero prestige. Kadestam was recently subbed by Juho Valamaa who has now lost two in a row and was KOd today in ten seconds.
Yea but it is all cool because ONE makes their champs heroes bro..

But Kadestam is tough and has great Muay Thai when he puts his combos together like he said post fight. He is improving on the ground a lot which will be great to help him put things together on the feet.
Especially where he is more prone to using elbows and knees, the guy is a killer

Thank you TS! I couldn't watch the entire event but I liked what I saw.
I even thought of posting about it in the UFC forum, to rub in some people's face some actual fighting and grappling. Not the "let's hug it out" crapfest.

Edit: Btw, do you know for how long this vid will stay uploaded? I'm too tired to watch, things will refuse to register in my brain.:p
Not sure, but last week's event and the event from 3 weeks ago are still there on the ONE YouTube channel so i think you are safe.

Back