Liberal government advised not to call young people 'millennials' lest they be insulted

Politicians often work by making public appeals to people in order to sell whatever it is they are selling.

If there is any truth to Millennials viewing the term negatively, then that is sound advice to avoid using the word. That is just sound strategy.

It would be the same with a marketing company trying to sell products.

Millennial is much nicer than, "worthless cocksuckers"

IMHO

They shouldn't complain.

Also lol at older gens complaining about millennials. We aren't the ones voting for reality TV stars to lead this country.

To be fair, we weren't the ones who turned the economy where all that was needed to own a house was a full time job from one parent while the other stayed home, to what it is now

To also be fair, holy fuck so many people my age are whiny cunts. Especially on social media

To be fair, we weren't the ones who turned the economy where all that was needed to own a house was a full time job from one parent while the other stayed home, to what it is now

To also be fair, holy fuck so many people my age are whiny cunts. Especially on social media
Well that is not really an accurate summary though.

that generation was content with a house that would be considered a shoe box by today's standards and many raised multiple children in them. they also had cars most millennials today would not even be seen with, let alone drive. They also had a fierce devotion towards saving money and working your way up in jobs to higher pay (buying newer bigger home only once they had equity, buying a newer car only once one was paid off and they had some trade in value).

In my experience today the millennials who say what you have above have no desire to save up money for a future purchase and are all about the 'now'. They expect to move out of their parents house and into similarly comfortable, if not better surroundings on day 1 particularly if they are getting married, thus often over burdening themselves in debt. And they won't drive a shit box car. And they expect to start with a high wage without any obligation on them to get in the trenches, gain experience and work your way up to better pay.

of course that is not every millennial but it is a boat load of them.

Last edited:
Millennials refers to children born from the early 1980s, and onwards.

http://www.pewresearch.org/topics/millennials/

People who use the term "millennial" as some type of insult might be some of the dumbest people in this country, currently. They fail to realize that the vast majority of the military's ranks are filled with men and women who were born later than 1980. To conservatives, that's the most patriotic and productive thing you could do with your life. But despite those people technically being millennials, that term is rarely applied to them.

Its become a catch-all term for young people doing things you don't like.

Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure we didn't crash the US housing market in 2008, and we bear the brunt of the human cost, when it comes to actually fighting the wars that old people in Washington start.

2 of the 4 soldiers who were killed in Niger were under 30, making them.... Millennials.

Go back to calling kids you don't like whippersnappers, lest you look like a retard.

The hilarity is that people make fun of them for always being offended. This only reinforces the stereotype......which is true anyways.

Millennials have a lot of virtues. They'll be fine.

They are morally arrogant whiners though.

Millennials are a social construct and aren't even real

I'd love to know what they call people in closed door meetings

But but but but that's what they are...they are fucking millennials. Not my fault they gave their own names a bad connotation.

Well we could just start calling them bitches if they prefer.

Wait, how old am I again..?

$54k is nothing for the government to blow on something unnecessary but even $1k in unpaid taxes is enough for the government to harass you over. When the government robs you blind, seeing them waste $54k on something so pointless doesn't sit well.

First i will make some basic assumptions, please point out any you disagree with.

1. Governments need to communicate with their constituency.

2. Governments will spend millions of dollars doing this every year.

3. Millenials make up a significant portion of the population, over 25%.

4. Effective advertising is a better use of funds than inefficient advertising.

5. Spending 0.072 cents per millenial on finding out how they think is not a big amount.

So with those points front of mind tell me again what a big waste of money this study was.

The small mindedness of complaining about shit like this a massive bugbear of mine.

This study is equal to about 24 seconds worth of the increased military spending that will go on for the next ten years.

This is small fry stuff no matter how you cut it.

Who the fuck cares.

Fucking bunch of whinging bitches in this thread.

This wasn't a protest or anything they got asked a question and they answered.

Yes and this "study" was paid for by taxpayers' money.
But hey that's what you get when an entire political platform is about people's feelings.

First i will make some basic assumptions, please point out any you disagree with.

5. Spending 0.072 cents per millenial on finding out how they think is not a big amount.

So with those points front of mind tell me again what a big waste of money this study was.

The small mindedness of complaining about shit like this a massive bugbear of mine.

This study is equal to about 24 seconds worth of the increased military spending that will go on for the next ten years.

Yes it's meaningless just like any type of waste of money by the government is meaningless when calculated on a per capita basis.

You realize we are talking about a $54,000 that came to the conclusion that millennial is an offensive word. That's ridiculous. So ridiculous it's actually comical. And $54,000 might not seem like much, but if you tally up all of the tax dollars wasted on silly things like this, it adds up to be a lot more than you make it out to be.

When there always a bunch of articles written about how Millenials are ruining everything, it's hard to not take it personally.

Back