Liberal government advised not to call young people 'millennials' lest they be insulted

I thought these generational terms were specific to the US. Stop copying us Canada.

Also half the people on this forum shitting on millennials are millennials. There seems to be a misunderstanding of what the age range is. If you were born in the 80s you're a millenial.

I don't really care what you call me, but I know I was the last generation that had to knock on doors to see if your friend could come out and play. To call the house phone of your crush and be scared her dad would answer. To not have smart phones as a toddler. Ah perspective:)

I thought these generational terms were specific to the US. Stop copying us Canada.

Also half the people on this forum shitting on millennials are millennials. There seems to be a misunderstanding of what the age range is. If you were born in the 80s you're a millenial.

Nothing wrong with millenials recognizing their generation is shit and addressing that issue. I was born in 1981 so I guess that technically I'm a millenial but I share very little with them in terms of values and ethics.

If you thought Millennials were overly sensitive, participation seeking Nancy's... you may have been right!

Liberal government advised not to call young people 'millennials' lest they be insulted

A $54,000-study conducted in March found that young people aged 16 to 30 thoroughly resent how they're labelled

OTTAWA — Don’t call young people “millennials,” because they find the term offensive, the federal government has been told.

In focus groups conducted for Employment and Social Development Canada, researchers determined earlier this year the word elicits “strong negative connotations” and is “considered derogatory and insulting to this generation.”...

For their part, Canadian youth said it leads to stereotypes about “kids not working, with a crappy job, sponging off their parents,” as one participant said. The word is usually “used to describe our faults,” and to describe a generation that is “lazy” with “no ambition,” said others. A “bad generation.”

The report was delivered to government just weeks before the internet started arguing about avocado toast.
Then why dont we call them what they are pussy ass bitches. But in reality the worst generation was the baby boomers, bunch of selfish fucks who had it made off of whst their parents before did. My generation, x was supposed to be the first generation that wouldnt have it as good as their parents before them.

If you were born in the year 2000 or after, you have a right to be offended.
These morons can't seem to comprehend your generation right.

As of 2018 Millennials are the old folks, and Generation Z a.k.a iGen are the new folks entering the workforce.

$54,000 study? Fuck our government. Leave it to liberals to blow tax money like it grows on trees

$54K of our tax dollars went to this bullshit?

$54,000 study? Fuck our government. Leave it to liberals to blow tax money like it grows on trees

Being a tech savy millenial i clicked the link and found out "the research, intended to help the government “understand the best ways to communicate with youth” and assess marketing concepts.

Other findings included that the federal government isn’t seen as “top-of-mind” for youth looking at planning their futures; that the department had better update its website; and that video “concepts” prepared for the department’s potential advertising efforts were not particularly effective."

$54,000 aint crap, it is like one add, and feel that finding how to best communicate to people you are trying to communicate with is actually a good idea.

I think that people look at liberal millennials as all millennials

They don't realize how many of us were spamming the net with trump and Pepe memes to piss them off

The pepe spammers never actually leave their moms basements, so rarely get noticed by society.

Being a tech savy millenial i clicked the link and found out "the research, intended to help the government “understand the best ways to communicate with youth” and assess marketing concepts.

Other findings included that the federal government isn’t seen as “top-of-mind” for youth looking at planning their futures; that the department had better update its website; and that video “concepts” prepared for the department’s potential advertising efforts were not particularly effective."

$54,000 aint crap, it is like one add, and feel that finding how to best communicate to people you are trying to communicate with is actually a good idea.
$54k is nothing for the government to blow on something unnecessary but even $1k in unpaid taxes is enough for the government to harass you over. When the government robs you blind, seeing them waste $54k on something so pointless doesn't sit well.

sqtko.jpg

Nothing wrong with millenials recognizing their generation is shit and addressing that issue. I was born in 1981 so I guess that technically I'm a millenial but I share very little with them in terms of values and ethics.

You share a ton with people your age.

Sherdoggers need to distinguish between millennials and radical liberals on twitter.

Campbells should make a soup flavor called, "Millenial". I'm sure it would be too salty for most though.

In fairness, it was Generation X that started the downfall of The West. The Silent Generation also might share some of the blame. And we're all part of the problem since.

Generation Xers were the first to start abiding by the myth that children would be replaced by willing, capable robots by the time they reached retirement. And that since Hitler was dead and Germany defeated, the world's problems were forever dealt with. Shakes head.

Technically, the term applies to those born on or after 1983 which is so amusing because people born from 1983-1988 are quite a generation apart from the 90's born kids.

They can take solice that they are at least not as shit as Boomers--if we could post-abort a generation, that would be the one.

I don't really care what you call me, but I know I was the last generation that had to knock on doors to see if your friend could come out and play. To call the house phone of your crush and be scared her dad would answer. To not have smart phones as a toddler. Ah perspective:)

Same for me. Millennials are the popular target to bash nowadays but the generation raised on smart phones is going to be far worse than us. Kids can't even go to the park by themselves nowadays.

Back