Level of excitement for Edgar vs Penn III?

I was really excited until I found out the original plan was penn vs Bendo & Edgar vs Faber.
Faber could beat Edgar IMO would be an epic fight

I'd love to see Faber vs Penn. What the hell are they doing? Penn is 0-2 against Edgar (though I think he won the first won).

in my gut im so fucking happy i don't have to see faber and frankie fight yet. my fucking heart.

im always at my peak for edgar fighting so im'ma be on fucking blast come those weds. nights.

excited for BJ coming out of retirement, period. i dont care who he fights and at what weight

Better to find out now then later

Edgar vs Faber needs to happen IMO
Edgar vs Faber is an amazing matchup. I'd love that fight. Two fast, technically sound guys with great cardio and heart. It'd be awesome.

BJ attempting FW is silly. He'll have absolutely no cardio.

What's the point of a trilogy fight if the first two were both won by the same guy?

BJ is untested at 145 and fighting someone that dominated him after he got dominated in another division that he didn't belong in fighting a guy he shouldn't have fought (Rory)

Truly mind-boggling that he picks the worst opponent in a division even worse than WW for him (as he's at least fought at WW before). The excitement of him fighting anyone he hasn't faced. preferably at the bottom of the top 10 at 155, would be 10X better.

1/10 for me. I just can't bring myself to like this match. It's lose-lose for Edgar.

Every time BJ fights it's a 10 for me.

Edit: having them coach TUF brings it down to about a 6. fuck that shit.

3/10. I'm happy that BJ wants to continue fighting, and I understand that he has done enough in the sport (and for UFC) to be able to pick his opponents, at this late stage in his career. It's understandable that he wants to avenge a loss, especially with how close the first fight was. It's also good that he's not being used as a stepping-stone for a younger prospect (as was the case with Rory).

All of this being said, the BJ-Edgar rematch showed that BJ could not catch Edgar, and will likely be outpaced/outstruck for yet another decision loss. For his part, Frankie needs to get to having better than a 1-3 record, and perhaps the face time on TUF will help get the casual fans excited about the next (undeserved) title shot he is gifted. The TUF taping also keeps him out of the FW/LW title picture long enough for the Pettis-Aldo situation to get sorted out.

TL;DR version: there are many reasons why this fight makes sense. None of them make it a compelling one to watch.

8, I'm hopeful that BJ will actually perform well. I know most people have given up on him, but most of the top 155'ers would get beat up by the top 170ers, which BJ has been fighting at lately. If the cut isn't too rough to 145 we could be in for a surprise.

2... there are so many interesting FW matchups for BJ. Why oh why do they give him a guy he has lost to twice in not-so-exciting fights?

I wonder if BJ is going to try to douche up this season too. Edgar is not Pulver.

Meh, no I don't want to see Penn get his ass kicked by Frankie.

Penn was NEVER that good. I was saying that back when he "reigned" over LW with one defense.

He lost both fights to Frankie. Frankie is still hangin' with the best of 'em, while BJ is an easy resume bullet for up and comers. Frankie by KO, round 2.

I have a bad feeling about this........Not only is it him going back down in weight from being bloated and off in vacation he is fucking going down to 145, he can definitely make 145 but at this point in his career i think its just bad timing.

Back