Lets talk about the Bo Nickal Tax

I am ok with it. He doesn't have many fights. He is getting unnecessary exposure but he will have to fight harder competition when his initial contract runs out. Right now he is fighting for less pay. As soon as he reup on the contract for more pay then it's off to the races.

I wouldn't be ok if he was paid star money over other fighters who deserve it.

You guys bitch about way too much shit that doesn't concern you.. Just watch the fights and stop caring about other stuff and you might find you like MMA more.

the ufc’s entire business model is based around hype. that’s the currency of the business. sometimes it’s more justified than others. in this case, we have one of the best collegiate wrestlers of this era, and he appears to be a pretty solid fighter overall. he’s currently undefeated. people were already interested in seeing how he’d fare in mma. so yeah, he’s gonna get a push. what’s there to complain about?
If you truly wanna hype him up, you push him into tougher competition to illustrate all of that.

Also Bo being "undefeated" in the single digits against randoms is nothing to get jittery about, cmon man....thats such a silly arguement to toss out there.

If you truly wanna hype him up, you push him into tougher competition to illustrate all of that.

Also Bo being "undefeated" in the single digits against randoms is nothing to get jittery about, cmon man....thats such a silly arguement to toss out there.
he should be matched against people that are at his level. people that he can beat, but that can also beat him. ideally they should have similar name recognition. bo has been performing well against the opponents he’s faced. he’ll probably get a step up next time. that’s how it should be for anyone tho. i think the problem is you don’t like him, so you take issue with everything about him.

he should be matched against people that are at his level. people that he can beat, but that can also beat him. ideally they should have similar name recognition. bo has been performing well against the opponents he’s faced. he’ll probably get a step up next time. that’s how it should be for anyone tho. i think the problem is you don’t like him, so you take issue with everything about him.
Just because I think someone is undeserving of something at the moment doesn't mean I dislike them...I have not once knocked on his talent or abilities so what makes you think I dislike him? The fact that I think that its unfair for him to take the spotlight from ranked fighters means I dislike him in your terms? If so, I suppose I dislike him on those grounds.

He should go to Thailand to train Muay Thai exclusively. Fall in love with a tranny, get hooked on heroin. Work as a mule for Aussie backpackers down in Bali to support his lifestyle with his tranny lover. Gets caught. Life in prison.

He should be matched against people that are at his level. people that he can beat, but that can also beat him. ideally they should have similar name recognition....that’s how it should be for anyone tho.

I think the problem is you don’t like him, so you take issue with everything about him.
I agree 100% he should be matched against people his level as he moves up, but a guy like brundage isn't UFC PPV main card level. you say that's how it should be, but bo was the biggest betting favourite on the card. This is on UFC 300, one of the biggest MMA cards of all time. Conor didn't get on the main card of a ppv until his 4th fight and it was a Mighty Mouse ppv. Khamzat 4th fight aswell. Bo is getting an absolute UNREAL rub from the promotion, honestly like no one has ever been pushed. (they tried hard with sage and paige, but not quite like this IMO.)

If he should be fighting people his level that can beat him, they should be guys on the fight nights and the ppv prelims just like everyone else has to. Everyone else has to work their way up to the the limelight with highlight reel finishes and performances. I dont understand why he's just inserted to the biggest stage possible against opposition not worthy of being on the biggest stage. Not sure why anyone would want to see that on the biggest stage. So that's what I don't like, nothing to do with him but the promotions push of him. I want the promotion to know that the best way to build a fighter is organically. not through forcing it to get the results you want.

Last edited:
I still don’t understand why they’re pushing him as hard as they are.
How hard are they pushing him? He hasn't been a main or co main on anything, and has been the curtain jerker for a couple PPVs.

Half this site cry non stop about the UFC not doing enough to promote fighters, and every time a high level wrestler shows up well into their 30s the comments are "can you imagine if ____ started doing MMA when they were younger", and now when a high level wrestler does move to MMA in his 20s, everyone starts bitching that putting him as the curtain jerker on a few cards is doing way too much to promote him. Not many other conclusions to draw other than people just have a strong desire to bitch and don't even need a valid reason.

Bo is on his initial DWCS contract. He's getting shit pay. Of course he doesn't want to hop in and fight Top 20 fighters on what is probably like a 20k contract. That would be dumb. If you want to shit on the UFC for hyping him up (which they barely even are) and putting him on the 300 main card, that's valid and shit away but not his doing.

If Bo loses any non-title fight, he'll basically be done. You can't hype a guy up like that and then have him lose to an opponent ranked #10 or something.

Hope he's smarter than Askren was with his training, because if he doesn't learn to strike, he's going out cold at some point.

Even Khabib and Islam have developed effective striking, because they had to.

Good point. Khamzat too don't forget.

To be fair it does seem like "Bo" is quite keen on striking.

Just because I think someone is undeserving of something at the moment doesn't mean I dislike them...I have not once knocked on his talent or abilities so what makes you think I dislike him? The fact that I think that its unfair for him to take the spotlight from ranked fighters means I dislike him in your terms? If so, I suppose I dislike him on those grounds.
It seems like you're lashing out at him for something the UFC did. This happens with plenty of fighters with fans so I'm not singling you out. For recent example, UFC offers Arman a short notice fight, that's Islam's fault. UFC wants to make Stipe vs Jon, that's all Jon's fault. UFC puts Bo on the main card of 300, obviously that's Bo's fault. Some of you need to understand it's the UFC who makes these calls and decisions and if you want to place blame it should mostly fall on them. It's hard to fault fighters for accepting beneficial terms when they are presented to them as long as the UFC allows it to happen. It's just practical human nature to accept things that will benefit you.

Back