Lets talk about the Bo Nickal Tax

He's getting the same push that Sage Northcutt got. Has to at least do better than that.
Nah, He's being set up in the same way that suga Sean was. And the results are going to be the same too. Eventually he's going to be champion and all of the salty fuckin haters are gonna have to recognize his greatness.

He was on the main card for UFC 300 over all those former washed up champions because he was more important than them. The UFC recognizes his greatness, and they're just starting to prepare the world for his ascension to the belt.

I see the Bo thing like this. He's only 28 and has lived and trained like a true athlete for years. One of two things will play out over the next year, year and half.
1) Bo will stay undefeated, take the strap, and hold it for some time.
2) He'll get another lower level guy before he gets a top ten. At that point, there's a really good chance he's finally gonna get cracked in the head and realize that this hit isn't wrestling, and he'll move on.

For me, I see a guy with a nearly unlimited upside, and I think the next two or three fights will be very interesting.
He is very archaic on the feet. Has to make a BIG leap soon

Not sure why people cry so much about placement on the card? Especially hardcores who watch the entire event. If you are there live there needs to be a spot here and there to get more beers and take a piss. If you have ever been to a live event after the first few prelims the bathroom line ups are insane after each fight. The UFC placed 3 fights strategically for that reason.

Andrade vs Rodriguez was the 3rd fight.
Holm vs Harrison was the 5th.
Bo was the 8th.
Then you have to hold it or time it very well.
With 80 dollar PPV prices paying fans have a right to complain about a throwaway fight on the main card. Bo should have been the early prelim fight.

The American Khabib don't pay taxes just like the real Khabib doesn't.

bo is doing great. ufc hypes him for obvious reasons that have been discussed ad nauseam. he might end up getting a title, he might not. don’t you have anything else to whine about?

With 80 dollar PPV prices paying fans have a right to complain about a throwaway fight on the main card. Bo should have been the early prelim fight.
I don't disagree but how many on here actually buy the PPV vs Streaming it?

That's not really on Bo Nickal imo. He has stated that he wants to fight journeymen while he's on his initial contract. The UFC pushing him like he is a world beater while paying him like he's shit is a weird dichotomy. Redo the contract. Pay him like the fighter you are making him out to be and match him up with guys who will let us know whether or not it's true.

bo is doing great. ufc hypes him for obvious reasons that have been discussed ad nauseam. he might end up getting a title, he might not. don’t you have anything else to whine about?
My bad as a fan, I should just shut up and not even desire to talk about how of high ceiling a prospective fighter could have especially when that said fighter was slid on to main card of the biggest card in mma history...

I have no problem with them pushing him into orbit as long as he stays extremely busy. Dude should be fighting every 3 months

I see the Bo thing like this. He's only 28 and has lived and trained like a true athlete for years. One of two things will play out over the next year, year and half.
1) Bo will stay undefeated, take the strap, and hold it for some time.
2) He'll get another lower level guy before he gets a top ten. At that point, there's a really good chance he's finally gonna get cracked in the head and realize that this hit isn't wrestling, and he'll move on.

For me, I see a guy with a nearly unlimited upside, and I think the next two or three fights wil.l be very interesting.

I haven't seen anything from him that screams future champion, at least not yet. He has the chance to improve, but so do a lot of guys. One thing is for sure though, the UFC will give him every opportunity.

My bad as a fan, I should just shut up and not even desire to talk about how of high ceiling a prospective fighter could have especially when that said fighter was slid on to main card of the biggest card in mma history...

the ufc’s entire business model is based around hype. that’s the currency of the business. sometimes it’s more justified than others. in this case, we have one of the best collegiate wrestlers of this era, and he appears to be a pretty solid fighter overall. he’s currently undefeated. people were already interested in seeing how he’d fare in mma. so yeah, he’s gonna get a push. what’s there to complain about?

I haven't seen anything from him that screams future champion, at least not yet. He has the chance to improve, but so do a lot of guys. One thing is for sure though, the UFC will give him every opportunity.
you could say the same for henry cejudo, who also got main card billing early in his mma career. these guys are true athletes. they are driven to improve. not all of them will be successful in mma, but they cant be written off based off one or two bad performances.

I really don't think it will work out for Bo, there's no way he's ready to fight any elite guys.

Look how stacked MW is, he's way too raw and wide open to be knocked out.

When truly great fighters come around, they eviscerate everyone who isn't damn good or elite. Roman Kopylov isn't even in the top 15 and he would be a handful for Bo, I also suspect Joe Pyfer would KO him. The division is way too dangerous, he'd have to make ridiculous strides to really compete. If he takes a loss, will he take time off??

He really doesn't have enough time to become this badass who's storming the gates of the division, unless I'm severely underestimating him.

Last edited:
Back