Let's just stop with this "Romero took the fight on short notice" BS

Plus Romero is all muscles so it's harder for him to lose weight
That doesn't make sense:

If you're talking about him being out of shape because he didn't expect to fight so soon, then that's body fat that he has to lose.

If you're talking about him having a harder water cut than others because he's heavily muscled, you're just wrong, because the opposite is true; it's easier to cut water because there's a lot of it in muscle.

Romero had already been booked to fight David Branch in Orlando on Feb 24, so let's stop pretending like he just got off the couch and hadn't already been training for months already. Sure he had to cut his camp time back a couple of weeks, but let's not act as if he wasn't training just as hard for Branch as he would for Rockhold.

In fact, I think he was more eager to take the fight with Rockhold because he was worried Branch might expose him.

Let's just stop with this "Romero took the fight on short notice" nonsense.
Was agreeing with your post until you said

"In fact, I think he was more eager to take the fight with Rockhold because he was worried Branch might expose him."

Never go full retard.

Romero had already been booked to fight David Branch in Orlando on Feb 24, so let's stop pretending like he just got off the couch and hadn't already been training for months already. Sure he had to cut his camp time back a couple of weeks, but let's not act as if he wasn't training just as hard for Branch as he would for Rockhold.

In fact, I think he was more eager to take the fight with Rockhold because he was worried Branch might expose him.

He was scared to fight branch but eager to fight the guy who just finished branch ?

Dude, stop fighting reality and facts.
Fact: the fight was on short notice.
Fact he took it.
Fact, when you have a fight schedule, you schedule your workout and even your diet to accommodate your schedule. If it gets cut short, you have to adapt.

Besides, the last weeks is when you cut most. So obviously this disrupted what Yoel had planned in terms of weight cutting.

He didn't jump off the couch, but he was not on point with his weight cutting as well.

He had 2 weeks less to prepare. Probably also why he missed weight

Expose him? Um.... At this point Yoel isnt a new fighter on the scene you realize that right? Theres nothing to expose,

Hey Monsta, how much would Dana have to pay you to fight Yoel?

(Yes, I aware this is a dumb question.)
I would do it pretty cheap from what most would, but I’d make sure all of my medical bills were covered, and I’d want a contract to keep fighting in the ufc at fw for at least five fights lol

Neither. I like Yoel and think Luke is a jackass.

So what's with the super aggressive attacking of Romero? I'm not even a big fan but a couple of people seem to be going deep on him, I just wanna understand that perspective.

It has nothing to do with Luke's chin?
How many loses does Luke have? 4. How many are T/KO? 4.
What does he have a notorious habit of doing? Fighting upright, head straight up, arms at his waist.
Who was he expected to fight? Robert Whittaker, known for almost nothing but his boxing, so he knew his boxing defense was going to have to be top notch. Who did he face instead? Romero, known for having one strike finishes.
What happened? Luke had his hands too low, again, and got tagged, again, and finished, again.
Luke was too drained from his weight cut? Maybe he should move up instead of trying to have a size advantage in fights. Moving up isn't an option? Maybe he should look into losing some muscle mass. Either way, trying to pass the loss off as a weight cut issue is asinine.

I've never said anything about Luke's weight cut being an issue. Not once. Where are you getting this from?

Nobody claimed that it was "a moment's notice." This is a bullshit strawman.

The poster that I quoted literally used the words "a moment's notice." Shove your strawman up your ass.

So what's with the super aggressive attacking of Romero? I'm not even a big fan but a couple of people seem to be going deep on him, I just wanna understand that perspective.

I've never attacked Romero. You're twisting things around in your head.

I'm not a huge fan of Yoel and his cheating tactics over the years. Thing is he has never missed weight before. I was watching a few vids on his training before the Rockhold fight and noticed at the time that his coaches pointed out this camp was totally focused on getting g him in shape.

Was wondering then if he had an injury so they were taking it easy. Of course fighters don't want to pull out of a fight if they're don't have too, especially is your a replacement already.. May not get that chance again.

Other issue could be his age and all the years of weight cutting just caught up and his body quit... or both.

Was disappointed he didn't make weight. No question. Yet knowing your not going to get the belt even if you win and then not being guaranteed a title shot if you do, I can't see a fighter taking that lightly. Something was up. Have a feeling the UFC Knew about it before, especially if it was injury related. Reasoning is Dana didn't go off about Yoel missing weight for a title fight , that's VERY Odd in itself. Secondly, Dana is giving Yoel the title shot next, even after missing weight. Again very odd.

Suspect Dana and the UFC Knew Yoel had some sort of injury and couldn't train enough to cut down and get in shape. Not wanting to lose the card made a deal with Yoel to fight and even if he misses he gets the shot. All while not saying shit to Luke. Just a thought
Good points. Thanks for sharing

I would do it pretty cheap from what most would, but I’d make sure all of my medical bills were covered, and I’d want a contract to keep fighting in the ufc at fw for at least five fights lol

Medical bills covered, check.

You may get a nice kiss at the end of the fight, too!

Medical bills covered, check.

You may get a nice kiss at the end of the fight, too!
Lol I mean, I still wouldn’t do it for less then 100k. After I heal up from that fight I should be able to make some decent money on the rest of my contract.

Let's also not pretend that Rockhold isn't the bigger man who cuts weight to fight smaller fighters either. I'm having a hard time understanding why people are making such a big deal about missing weight. They still fought. It was still a good fight to watch. Are you personally invested in Rockhold? Rockhold vs. Whittaker would not be as competitive as Romero Vs. Whittaker. Some of you guys need to chill and just enjoy the fights.

{<jordan}

Yeah dude, let's ignore the fact that Romero took this fight early. It changed his time frame for his weight cut and he had to travel halfway across the world.

Enjoy living in your own made up reality...

916784930.jpg.0.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2F916781128%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

What exactly was Branch going to expose of Romero? These threads on Sherdog get dumber by the day.

Even if he did just roll of the couch to take this fight, people (likely you included) would still be making shit threads like this. He was scheduled to fight later in the month, but had to fight 14 days early against someone else with a completely different kind of fighting style. He had to start cutting weight earlier and do it quicker than usual. Most fighters like to plan these kind of things out as well as possible, but this kind of thing isn't something you can really plan out. Cutting weight isn't easy especially on short notice. Put yourself in his position.

TS showed her bitch tits with this FAIL of a thread.
54465977.jpg

Until you fight I don't wanna hear your opinion

He showed he isn’t quite all there when he made a thread showing that a man doing a shoey can get inside his head and dictate his emotions. LOL.

Back