LETHAL WEAPON TV Series (Season 2 Premiere Sept. 26)

I was skeptical leading into the pilot.

Despite all of his fuck ups, Mel Gibson is a very good actor depending on the role he's playing. Riggs is a classic role, and trying to cast someone for that younger version of Riggs was never going to be easy for the producers and directors, as most movie fans are always going to think back to the movies. The same holds true to a lesser extent for Murtaugh. I actually like Damon Wayans, and find he's the best actor in the family, not to mention the funniest... for whatever that's worth, so it was much easier to accept him as a younger Roger than it was Crawford as a young Riggs.

I was disappointed at first, because neither seemed quite like the older versions of their characters, but I kept watching. There didn't quite seem to be that chemistry that Gibson and Glover had at first, but you could almost feel like it was going to come. By the end of the pilot, I was okay with the show overall, but still felt like it was just lacking something and I just couldn't put my finger on it.

Having watched the second episode, I found it was a lot easier to not compare the main actors to the original cast while being critical. I found I watched it trying to find common personality traits in them that I've seen portrayed by the ''older versions of themselves''. I don't know why, but the dialogue simply seemed more fluid and believable. Still not as good as the movies, but I think it's worth a shot continuing to watch it for now.

PS... psychologist is hot as hell. So would.

Yet another sexy explosive chick is on this show.

With Dr. Cahill, Mrs. Murtagh, and now Det. Bailey, Ippy hath indeed approved.

The last episode was actually... really fucking good.

They somehow manage to skate along multiple tones in a single episode with surprising ease. The tone switches from serious traumatic loss, to stoner comedy, to buddy cop, to serious cop drama, to serious relationship drama, back to buddy cop, to romcom, back to serious traumatic loss mixed in with family drama. This is all without any of it feeling forced or out of place.

I'm actually really impressed. I'm not calling it The Wire, but damn I'm really liking this show.

I love you mofo !! I love you cause you like the movies and cause you have been paying enough attention to see that theres a show about it ...
Im loving it so far , and since the 1st episode ive "sensed" ( not sure if im writing the correct word but i think you know what im trying to say) ... in a Steven Seagul kind of way , that Riggs and his "Doctora" are meant to be ... if you know what im saying .... and i think you do. :D
Dizz gonna be good !
Cheers all you lovers
Peace

Am I the only one who thinks we've not seen the last of the hot blonde cartel money launderer? Her head being found off-screen in a Mexican dumpster just screams "faked her own death" to me.

Please God, no!

Lethal_Weapon_Suicide.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks we've not seen the last of the hot blonde cartel money launderer? Her head being found off-screen in a Mexican dumpster just screams "faked her own death" to me.
Dude , that was her head ... so no , dont expect her back anytime soon ...
Im predicting Riggs and his psychiatrist to .... you know ... ;)

That's my point. We only have the word of the Mexican police that it is her head.
Then maybe you have a valide point ... i still think she wont appear again, cause there isnt a history with her and her character was barelly given atention ... but theres allways the possibility .... so lets stay tunned ;)
@JadeOwl
I was thinking we could play a little game .... you say the blonde, drug dealer woman is gonna reappear , i say Riggs and his good doctor will have a romance ... whoever gets it right wins !
What do you say ? Are you up for it ?
Cheers

Last edited:
With so many shows on TV, is this really worth it? I got pissed when I heard about it because lethal weapon is up there with my favorite movies. I'm going to watch the pilot, just because of the positive feedback.

As a big fan of the first Lethal weapon movie, I dont think it gets enough credit, Gibson and Glover had brilliant chemistry and dialogue, the show is not nearly as good but it is better than I thought. I actually enjoy the episodes, and I like Damon Wayons in these kind of buddy roles, he was awesome in the last boy scout, another very underrated action movie.

Update: February 22, 2017

LETHAL WEAPON Renewed for a Second Season at Fox

Lethal-Weapon-FOX-TV-series-hero-1368x506.jpg

Fox has given an early renewal to buddy cop series Lethal Weapon, Variety has learned.

The TV adaptation of the Mel Gibson-Danny Glover film, starring Clayne Crawford and Damon Wayans, has proved a more than solid performer for Fox, averaging a 1.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic and an average audience of 6.63 million; Fox says that viewing over all linear and digital platforms brings the total viewer average up to 11 million per episode. It was the network’s first new series to be given a full season order back in October.

Lethal Weapon is a production of Warner Bros. Television in association with Lin Pictures and Good Session Productions. Matt Miller (Forever, The 100), Dan Lin (The LEGO Movie, Sherlock Holmes), Jennifer Gwartz (Forever, Veronica Mars) and McG (The Mysteries of Laura, The O.C., Charlie’s Angels) serve as executive producers.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/lethal-weapon-renewed-s2-fox-1201993806/

k1PlgF3.gif

Happy Lethal Weapon is renewed. It has been the surprise show of last year. Everybody in here, including me, thought it was going to suck but almost everybody changed their minds after watching a couple of episodes.

LETHAL WEAPON Renewed for a Second Season at Fox

Lethal-Weapon-FOX-TV-series-hero-1368x506.jpg

Fox has given an early renewal to buddy cop series Lethal Weapon, Variety has learned.

The TV adaptation of the Mel Gibson-Danny Glover film, starring Clayne Crawford and Damon Wayans, has proved a more than solid performer for Fox, averaging a 1.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic and an average audience of 6.63 million; Fox says that viewing over all linear and digital platforms brings the total viewer average up to 11 million per episode. It was the network’s first new series to be given a full season order back in October.

Lethal Weapon is a production of Warner Bros. Television in association with Lin Pictures and Good Session Productions. Matt Miller (Forever, The 100), Dan Lin (The LEGO Movie, Sherlock Holmes), Jennifer Gwartz (Forever, Veronica Mars) and McG (The Mysteries of Laura, The O.C., Charlie’s Angels) serve as executive producers.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/lethal-weapon-renewed-s2-fox-1201993806/
deadpoolclap_zpsnneoaept.gif

Seriously, the things I would do to Roger's wife, Trish.....

k1PlgF3.gif

Happy Lethal Weapon is renewed. It has been the surprise show of last year. Everybody in here, including me, thought it was going to suck but almost everybody changed their minds after watching a couple of episodes.

I never thought that it would suck, not for a second, nope, I was confident with that formula and this cast they were destined for success and glory. Never doubted them for a second.

Don't bother checking my post history, I was hacked.

So... The writers of Training Day decides that "MacGyver and Rush Hour failed, let's make our even worse?" that's what it seems at this point. At least Lethal Weapon got renewed, and that's a good thing. Comedy shows are the only ones who deliver their hype nowadays.

Back