LETHAL WEAPON TV Series (Season 2 Premiere Sept. 26)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Damon Wayans Sr. to Star in LETHAL WEAPON Pilot

Damon-Wayans-Sr-Lethal-Weapon-Dragonlord.jpg

Lethal Weapon is kicking into high gear. Following a prolonged dealmaking process, the network has tapped Damon Wayans Sr. to star as Roger Murtaugh in Lethal Weapon, lifting the cast contingency on the drama and clearing the way for its formal pilot pickup Friday.

Based on the feature film franchise starring Mel Gibson and Danny Glover, the reboot hails from Warner Bros. Television. Here's the formal logline: When Texas cop and former Navy SEAL Martin Riggs suffers the loss of his wife and baby, he moves to Los Angeles to start anew. There, he gets partnered with LAPD detective Roger Murtaugh (Damon Wayans Sr.), who, having recently suffered a "minor" heart attack, must avoid any stress in his life. Wayans will take over the role of Roger. Gibson's role has not yet been cast.

Fox's reboot hails from Matt Miller (Chuck, Forever), who will exec produce via his WBTV-based Good Session banner. Lin Pictures' Dan Lin (The Lego Movie) and Jennifer Gwartz also exec produce. Lethal Weapon reunites Miller with Lin, who teamed for last year's ABC drama Forever, which was canceled after one season. McG will direct the pilot.

Damon Wayans Sr. to Star in Fox's 'Lethal Weapon' Pilot; McG to Direct the Pilot

Damon Wayans as Murtaugh in a Lethal Weapon remake?

What the fuck, man.

His brothers and sisters, which is enough to power his movies' box office earnings.

That has to be it. He consistently cranks out the worst movies since Troma, but those were supposed to be bad and they were bad in a funny way.

Age-wise Wayans is probably not too far off Danny Glover in the first film. He doesn't have Requiem For a Dream on his CV though, unlike Marlon. Some fine work from someone you wouldn't have expected it from.

Age-wise Wayans is probably not too far off Danny Glover in the first film. He doesn't have Requiem For a Dream on his CV though, unlike Marlon. Some fine work from someone you wouldn't have expected it from.
Damon's voice is just wrong for the part. He has this high, kinda whiny voice when he gets excited.

Fox's LETHAL WEAPON Reboot Finds Its Mel Gibson

Clayne-Crawford-Lethal-Weapon-Dragonlord.jpg

Fox's Lethal Weapon reboot has found its Mel Gibson. Rectify and 24 alum Clayne Crawford has been tapped to star opposite Damon Wayans Sr. in the drama pilot, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Based on the feature film of the same name, the pilot kicks off when Texas cop and former Navy SEAL Martin Riggs (Crawford taking on the role played by Gibson in the feature film franchise) suffers the loss of his wife and baby, he moves to Los Angeles to start anew. There, he gets partnered with LAPD detective Roger Murtaugh (Damon Wayans Sr.), who, having recently suffered a "minor" heart attack, must avoid any stress in his life.

Crawford joins a cast that also includes Jordana Brewster, Golden Brooks and Kevin Rahm. His credits include Legendary's Spectral as well as FX's Justified.

Rectify and 24 Alum Clayce Crawford Joins Damon Wayans Sr. in Fox's Lethal Weapon Reboot

Fox's Lethal Weapon reboot has found its Mel Gibson. Rectify and 24 alum Clayne Crawford has been tapped to star opposite Damon Wayans Sr. in the drama pilot, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Based on the feature film of the same name, the pilot kicks off when Texas cop and former Navy SEAL Martin Riggs (Crawford taking on the role played by Gibson in the feature film franchise) suffers the loss of his wife and baby, he moves to Los Angeles to start anew. There, he gets partnered with LAPD detective Roger Murtaugh (Damon Wayans Sr.), who, having recently suffered a "minor" heart attack, must avoid any stress in his life.

Crawford joins a cast that also includes Jordana Brewster, Golden Brooks and Kevin Rahm. His credits include Legendary's Spectral as well as FX's Justified.

Rectify and 24 Alum Clayce Crawford Joins Damon Wayans Sr. in Fox's Lethal Weapon Reboot

lol and this is gonna fail so hard

This is a joke, right?

This is a joke, right?
True Detective season 2 was not good (shut up, Petey) but Colin Farrell and Taylor Kitsch's characters would have been a good fit for the Martin Riggs role in Lethal Weapon TV series.

Oh by the way, you should read the Outsiders article thoroughly for an Easter Egg.

First Trailer for LETHAL WEAPON TV Series

TV show based on the popular 'Lethal Weapon' films in which a slightly unhinged cop is partnered with a veteran detective trying to maintain a low stress level in his life.

Fox Primetime Schedule Announced; New Trailers for Fall Shows

LETHAL WEAPON
TV show based on the popular 'Lethal Weapon' films in which a slightly unhinged cop is partnered with a veteran detective trying to maintain a low stress level in his life.

no saxophone, not watching.

Not gonna lie I really enjoyed the first episode of Lethal Weapon. I will report back once I have watched Designated survivor and The good place.

Not gonna lie I really enjoyed the first episode of Lethal Weapon. I will report back once I have watched Designated survivor and The good place.
I was about to post the same thing that I was prepared to hate LETHAL WEAPON (TV series) but I thought it was not bad at all.

At first, I really did not like the actor they cast for the Martin Riggs role (probably of my bias because he doesn't look anything like Mel Gibson). But the actor kinda won me over halfway through. Even Damon Wayans was pretty decent as well.

I was about to post the same thing that I was prepared to hate LETHAL WEAPON (TV series) but I thought it was not bad at all.

At first, I really did not like the actor they cast for the Martin Riggs role (probably of my bias because he doesn't look anything like Mel Gibson). But the actor kinda won me over halfway through. Even Damon Wayans was pretty decent as well.
Yeah man the trailer really rubbed me the wrong way especially Clayne Crawford as Riggs but after watching the first Ep me and the Missus are really happy with it.

I had no intention of checking out Lethal Weapon, but reading some posts in here, decided to watch it.

It.... wasn't terrible. I think I'll continue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back