Leon Edwards is top 5 greatest striker in UFC history

Mind Mine

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Let’s get a few facts straight. To anyone that understands the fundamental rule of striking you are probably a fan of the skill of Mayweather as well. To the rest of you this will come across confusing in your newbish state. The art of fighting is NOT let’s see who has the most KO’s and that makes him the greatest striker (that’s a perk). The art of striking is not who did the most Matrix like move (although that is icing on the cake and puts asses in seats it is not the cake). The pinnacle of fighting skill is having the ability to hit your opponent without taking significant damage. PERIOD.

Leon does this as good or better than any fighter on the roster that fought at a championship level. Including your favorite fighter. Not a single fighter from Aldo to Silva to JBJ has taken less damage while having a 95% striking based style. So when you trash the man for his style just kindly keep that newb shit to a minimum. You don’t know what the hell you are talking about. Thank you very much (in my Elvis voice)

WAR LEON

He is an excellent striker who uses feints very well, as well as having very nice head movement, combined with good hands and kicks. I still think it is a bit premature to put him in the top 5 greatest strikers in UFC history just now. But it's certainly a possibility in the near future. I would like to see him outstrike some elite strikers in the division first.

He was switching to orthodox against Colby to throw literally nothing. He's very balanced in his stance and is accurate but when you don't use your tools then it's hard to call him one of the greats.

It's fundamental euro kickboxing/a good clinch game. He weirdly switches stances when not needed and can't hit the gas. Holloway, volk and Aldo all come to mind instantly as far better strikers.

He is an excellent striker who uses feints very well, as well as having very nice head movement, combined with good hands and kicks. I still think it is a bit premature to put him in the top 5 greatest strikers in UFC history just now. But it's certainly a possibility in the near future. I would like to see him outstrike some elite strikers in the division first.
What fighter do you know ever fighting at a champ level with a 99% striking offense who has taken less damage. I will wait patiently

Let’s get a few facts straight. To anyone that understands the fundamental rule of striking you are probably a fan of the skill of Mayweather as well. To the rest of you this will come across confusing in your newbish state. The art of fighting is NOT let’s see who has the most KO’s and that makes him the greatest striker (that’s a perk). The art of striking is not who did the most Matrix like move (although that is icing on the cake and puts asses in seats it is not the cake). The pinnacle of fighting skill is having the ability to hit your opponent without taking significant damage. PERIOD.

Leon does this as good or better than any fighter on the roster that fought at a championship level. Including your favorite fighter. Not a single fighter from Aldo to Silva to JBJ has taken less damage while having a 95% striking based style. So when you trash the man for his style just kindly keep that newb shit to a minimum. You don’t know what the hell you are talking about. Thank you very much (in my Elvis voice)

WAR LEON

Leon beats legless Usman and brainless Colby and suddenly he's skyrocketed to GOAT status lmao

He was switching to orthodox against Colby to throw literally nothing. He's very balanced in his stance and is accurate but when you don't use your tools then it's hard to call him one of the greats.

It's fundamental euro kickboxing/a good clinch game. He weirdly switches stances when not needed and can't hit the gas. Holloway, volk and Aldo all come to mind instantly as far better strikers.
Regardless of what you think about his effectiveness he has outstruck every opponent he faced with a 99% striking offense while taking 0 significant damage. That’s not opinion it’s fact. No other multiple defending champ can boast that to my memory

What fighter do you know ever fighting at a champ level with a 99% striking offense who has taken less damage. I will wait patiently

Honestly he's really good at avoiding damage. A lot of that is due to the fact that he does not open himself up offensively too often, so he can't get countered. He doesn't have the highest damage output as well. He has outstruck Luque, Cerrone, Diaz, and Usman. I'm sorry but I need to see more high level striking from him in order to put him in the top 5 all-time.

Leon beats legless Usman and brainless Colby and suddenly he's skyrocketed to GOAT status lm What champion have you ever seen with a 99% striking offense that has won every fight
Now that you got that off please name any multiple defending champ with a primary striking offense that has taken less damage and wins every fight by striking. Not Silva. He took damage throughout but managed to win. Aldo took significant damage. Leon takes zero damage and wins. Nobody does THAT better

Never going for the finish means he doesn’t get caught as much :O

what top strikers in their prime has he fought?
I’ll answer that when you answer which fighter has landed more significant damage on him than your favorite fighter has received?

I’ll answer that when you answer which fighter has landed more significant damage on him than your favorite fighter has received?
Also you can’t answer it cause he hasn’t

Exactly because whomever your favorite fighter is has had hot hands put on him and probably left a battered mess. Leon’s style wont let that happen even though not exciting

Back