Lee showed a great gas tank tonight

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by VanMMA, Apr 21, 2018.

1. VanMMA

VanMMA Brown Belt

Lee never slowed down through five rounds despite what Felder and others would have you believe. He was always bringing the fight to Edson.

The staff infection definitely played a role in the Ferguson loss. Even in his past fights Lee never had cardio issues. Time for this myth to be put to bed.

2. Sapp

Sapp Red Belt

Yeah he sure did. The staph might have had a big effect.

He definitely did slow down a bit though.

VanMMA likes this.
  3. king of theRing

king of theRing Black Belt

And it's shocking cause he cuts so much weight

4. Fedor's NO.1 Fan

Fedor's NO.1 Fan Ultimate Fedorist Platinum Member

Everyone, who followed him from the beginning, was aware of this attribute of his. It's just who ever watched him first against Tony, came to that conclusion.

Anyone who has any experience with Staph knows how draining that bacterial infection can be.

5. Toco

Toco Steel Belt

yeah. people talked SO MUCH SHIT after the ferguson fight, even though he had the staph infection. he should great cardio here. his only problem is the chin, but he's still a great fighter

6. TheRuthlessOne

TheRuthlessOne Spit Shining Khabibs Belt

Anybody at that weight class would have been rocked by that spinning head kick

He needs to work on his defense

7. TheBulletwithWings

TheBulletwithWings WAR EL CUCUY!

I actually have a light case if staph now and didn’t know until comparing it online to others. I feel no difference at work or anything fatiguing.
    I’m pretty sure it’s the antibiotics that you take to medicate which drains you and Lee didn’t take em till after the fight.

8. GreatSaintGuillotine

GreatSaintGuillotine You may not like what I say but it's the truth. Platinum Member

His tank was pretty solid. He wasn't offered much resistance tho. He was fading in the 4th and looked tired in the 5th but not bad for his first 5 rounder.

Cardio might be an issue going forward if he can't get that weight cut straight.

Arm Barbarian likes this.
  9. Jon's Drug Dealer

Jon's Drug Dealer Yellow Card Yellow Card

Yeah, from 185-ish. Looked good tonight. Shame we never got to see a healthy Lee vs Ferguson.

OmegaRugal and VanMMA like this.
  10. Arm Barbarian

Arm Barbarian Steel Belt Platinum Member

Yeah, he was relentless tonight.

Even after nearly getting flat-lined in the 3rd, he just kept coming at Edson, non-stop.

11. Toco

Toco Steel Belt

yes, there's also that. a motherfucking kick from the best kicker in the entire sport, almost everyone would be rocked. but yeah a better defense wouldn't hurt

12. Nightwish

Nightwish Yellow Card Yellow Card

Excellent
    Performance
    Objectively

13. StrangerToGod

StrangerToGod Purple Belt

The staph had an effect, but Ferguson breaks people, and he broke Kevin Lee. He would break him again it would just take longer.

14. king of theRing

king of theRing Black Belt

I'm sure they will fight again. Actually, i would bet they fight again before tony and kahbib fight

VanMMA likes this.
  15. Carsormyr

Carsormyr Green Belt

I don't think he has a problem with his chin. That kick Barboza landed would have flat lined most of the roster. I was impressed that Lee managed to keep his wits about him and survive.

Toco likes this.
  16. Mmmmmmma1234

Mmmmmmma1234 Brown Belt

You know I might believe in the staph excuse now.
    What I do notice is Lee really is a top contender now. Also he showed alot of class in his post fight interviews.

I'm excited for Lee v Khabib now.
    The way I see it:
    Khabib got that wrestling (but by how much over Lee's also strong)
    Khabib got an iron chin and great cardio.
    Lee got good standup will out class khabib there.
    Lee ground and pound also way better.
    Could be a close fight.

Toco and VanMMA like this.
  17. The Moloko man

The Moloko man Brown Belt

<[analyzed}>
    LMAO at TS liking your post....

Nightwish likes this.
  18. VanMMA

VanMMA Brown Belt

Fair enough man but Lee is only 25 while Ferguson is 34. How much longer can Ferguson remain a contender for? Rematch favors Lee IMO. Especially if he's healthy.

19. Kneeuinthenutz

Kneeuinthenutz Steel Belt

On the wave of MMA taking over the world.
    I thought he looked fantastic tonight. Incredibly dominant in rounds 1-2, and I honestly think round 1 was arguably a 10-7 round. He proved to have very solid cardio.

However. It was very noticeable his punches lost significant power early in round 2. Then they started coming in far less frequency from thereon. I think this was due to him trying so hard to finish in round 1 and really making a mark...He came really friggn close too. However, this is what can happen if you go for this finish early. And hats off to him. He completely dominated the fight from start to finish and battled some adversity too. Barbosa was never really in the fight past round 1 due to the beating he took. Lee really showed a lot...

But that obvious drop in production is something to take a look at if he's headed into a fight with Khabib.

Kevin is a well trained athlete and knows how to push through adversity even when tired. It showed tonight against Barbosa. However, I'm be worried about him being able to hang with Khabib over the course of 5 rounds. He's going to get pushed to a pace he's never experienced in MMA and I don't think he will hold up...

20. StrangerToGod

StrangerToGod Purple Belt

He falls back into what he's comfortable with (wrestling) good strategy against Barboza.. against people like Ferguson it is horrible because Lee lands in full guard and wants to sit and rest.. perfect op
    In years to come almost certainly, but as of now Tony is just a step above him. He has a ton of potential tho, and is super young so he'll be interesting to watch progress. I think he would've been better off staying under the radar for a couple of more years honestly.

Arm Barbarian likes this.