Lee Murray x Bloody Elbow interview pt.2

I don't understand all this bollocks about being a gangster being cool and hip - it sounds to me like it's an American thing, that's being glamourised in TV shows and movies. Especially dealing drugs where your shelf life is going to be pretty short.

oh no, it's a British thing too for sure. Just ask any working class guy down the pub about the Kray's, and you'll here tons of "legends M8, Legends!!"

oh no, it's a British thing too for sure. Just ask any working class guy down the pub about the Kray's, and you'll here tons of "legends M8, Legends!!"

Urgh.

"They woz gangsters with morals. Innit"

Yeah, I lived in London's East End for some years around the turn of the century, and the adoration for the local gangsters was unbelivable. There were hundreds of books devoted to gangsters, bank robbers, drug dealers, lowlifes, "Diamon Gueezers", streetfighters, etc: not just the old "legends", but seemed that every thug loser with an story had one. Even public libraries carried fat sections of "True crime" books. And plenty TV docos & movies too. An entrepeneurial old crime hand, "Mad Frank" gave bus tours around the hood, and the old haunts of the criminals (The Blind Beggar, The Grave Maurice) advertised and even sold memorabilia....

I acknowledge I indulged a bit in that trend. In fact I always suspected that Lee was obsessed with becoming the new Ronnie Knight. He needed to seek very far for examples, the owners of one of the gyms he frequented (A place I trained in for a bit), the Peacock Gym, went down for several big heists a couple of years before Lee's:eek:

Lee was feared across south east London

Could've gone very far in mma imo, the game was in early stages in the uk when he was fighting, no where near as popular or as much gyms for it

Loved an earner though and was game as a bagel

Roiding and gangsta shit aside I liked him as a figher.

His line of something like "he shot from the dressing room he was so shit scared" about Jorge Rivera getting triangled made me laugh.

Pfft let’s see you pull off a bank robbery like that. Joke = Cody McKenzie and/or Andy Wang. Murray was a legit bad ass in and out of the cage - literally. He was only caught because of his crew. Not glorifying crimes, but the guy wasn’t/isn’t dumb. You need smarts to pull off an operation like that. He was allegedly he brains behind it all. Dana was scared of the guy. He showed serious potential as a fighter. He was anything but a joke.

LOL you can't be serious...
A smart guy doesn't team up with tards who get nabbed and rat him out, then try to escape prison shortly before his time is up, adding another ten years to his sentence.

25 years in a Moroccan prison for (maybe, if he's lucky) 12 million is a terrible business move. Murray is a certified moron.

Pfft let’s see you pull off a bank robbery like that. Joke = Cody McKenzie and/or Andy Wang. Murray was a legit bad ass in and out of the cage - literally. He was only caught because of his crew. Not glorifying crimes, but the guy wasn’t/isn’t dumb. You need smarts to pull off an operation like that. He was allegedly he brains behind it all. Dana was scared of the guy. He showed serious potential as a fighter. He was anything but a joke.
you make him sound like some criminal mastermind when he was just the ringleader of a small street gang who bit off more than he could chew. The bank heist was incredibly ambitious though, but he'd be dead today if he got away with it. His arrogance would have him mouthing off to organized crime bosses.

Lol he was a crime boss at a very young age.
He was raised in council flats like the USA projects but had a ferrari by 19 do the maths ,he washed his money by also running lots of door firm ( security & bouncers )

He once got in a high speed chase thru the east end with the police, he was very well known to them already.

You don't get a big rep,Ferrari and gangs of doorman scared of you in your teens does not happen by chance .

Not bigging him up but that's the truth ,he isn't a nice person at all but he is scary IRL real mad man

Weird interview.

Entire interview is based on "what ifs"

Lee wasn't a div

He done many things successfully in terms of skullduggery

Caught in the end but he wasn't just some have a go chancer who didn't know what he was doing

LOL you can't be serious...
A smart guy doesn't team up with tards who get nabbed and rat him out, then try to escape prison shortly before his time is up, adding another ten years to his sentence.

25 years in a Moroccan prison for (maybe, if he's lucky) 12 million is a terrible business move. Murray is a certified moron.

Lol people team up with guys that are likely willing to rat because fucking most people do. Once the cops sit them down and ask them to rat their crew out for a better deal it’s no surprise they take those deals. It’s not like they just got arrested and screamed “LEE DID IT N HE MADE ME DO IT, TOO!” You’d be pretty happy with 12 million after spending 25+ years in prison, too. Just the fact that much money is unaccounted for is a surprise. Most aren’t even smart enough to stash like that ffs. Guaranteeed he knew he was fucked when they got him, he wasn’t telling them where the money was since he’d go to prison just as long either way. Anyway, the rat thing, you can talk shit about every crime org out there then. They’ve all had rats or idiots in charge.

It seemed like they blew a good opportunity to interview a real interesting character by stroking his ego, why are they asking a guy who's been in prison for almost ten years if he would fight McGregor and Bisping? It's stupid and pointless. Murray seems either delusional or desperately trying to cling onto his reputation because in reality he has nothing. He blew his entire future by being a thug trying to earn fast cash rather than making something of his talent.

Lol people team up with guys that are likely willing to rat because fucking most people do. Once the cops sit them down and ask them to rat their crew out for a better deal it’s no surprise they take those deals. It’s not like they just got arrested and screamed “LEE DID IT N HE MADE ME DO IT, TOO!” You’d be pretty happy with 12 million after spending 25+ years in prison, too. Just the fact that much money is unaccounted for is a surprise. Most aren’t even smart enough to stash like that ffs. Guaranteeed he knew he was fucked when they got him, he wasn’t telling them where the money was since he’d go to prison just as long either way. Anyway, the rat thing, you can talk shit about every crime org out there then. They’ve all had rats or idiots in charge.

Are you trolling or what? No smart guy's plans include a possible 25 years (ie the remainder of your fucking youth) in a Moroccan prison. Keep in mind that Lee is just a low level scumbag - he is certainly not getting the El Chapo treatment in there. Your priorities are seriously fucked up it you think that's a fair trade.

Murray is a freak. He partied and fought. He fought while partying and he had that killer mentality. Had he a good mentor that could have kept him clean and focused on MMA, he would have been great. There are killers and there are fighters. Lee Murray is a killer. And yeah, he did knock out Tito Ortiz outside of a bar in London, when Tito was in his prime and outweighed him by about 20 pounds.

Are you trolling or what? No smart guy's plans include a possible 25 years (ie the remainder of your fucking youth) in a Moroccan prison. Keep in mind that Lee is just a low level scumbag - he is certainly not getting the El Chapo treatment in there. Your priorities are seriously fucked up it you think that's a fair trade.

Murray was convicted partly because he kept recordings of him and his gang discussing the robbery so he could use it to blackmail them in the future, the police found them on a phone in his car. When he fled to Morocco he was caught because he started throwing massive parties at a mansion and buying loads of coke. He was a tough crazy guy but that's about as a far as it goes.

He definitely has become that way. If he got out of prison tomorrow and somehow got back in the UFC, he most likely gets destroyed. Back in his day he was very good and becoming pretty popular, wasn’t he? He never would’ve been Conor but hey he’s just talking shit, just like Conor does. They both say ridiculous things but it does get your attention lol.

Conor is a wannabe Lee Murray.

No. I just clearly understand how criminals work a little better than you do. I never said he planned to go to prison, idiot. I said it was smart to stash some money just in case he did get caught.

Wait, how do Prisons work there? They air MMA for prisoners?

Back