Lee Murray x Bloody Elbow interview pt.2

Bisping would have slapped him about like he did to Epstein. Northerners > Southerners

Bisping would have slapped him about like he did to Epstein. Northerners > Southerners
haha this made me laugh too. I haven't seen either of the Epstein fights since the year they happened, but I do remember thinking Bisping was clearly the better fighter.

Atleast he is honest. All fighters are unbelieveably cocky, and when they are humble - like when D.C. said he never wanted to fight a monster like Stipe/Cain would beat his ass - they are just making shit up to sound civilized and respectful. When you deal with copious amounts of testosterone and the honest human ego, you get men that are clueless about their abilities: fake martial arts, Brendan "You'd Be Surprised" Schaub, common place Sherdoggers that legit think they could beat UFC fighters, and that is a great thing, because if certain people were not like this, we would never get fights in the first place. Conor legitimately thinks he could beat Mousasai, that he would beat Floyd, just as Chuck thinks he would murk on Jones: to ever even get to being a fighter, you need to be delusional AF, yet so few are really, really, really honest (i.e. Zelenoff).

Pfft let’s see you pull off a bank robbery like that. Joke = Cody McKenzie and/or Andy Wang. Murray was a legit bad ass in and out of the cage - literally. He was only caught because of his crew. Not glorifying crimes, but the guy wasn’t/isn’t dumb. You need smarts to pull off an operation like that. He was allegedly he brains behind it all. Dana was scared of the guy. He showed serious potential as a fighter. He was anything but a joke.

To be asked by the elite Oceans 11 Level thugs to take part in that heist...
He must have pulled off a few successful jobs before the big one, no way that was his first outing.
I bet that he has money stashed somewhere.

To be asked by the elite Oceans 11 Level thugs to take part in that heist...
He must have pulled off a few successful jobs before the big one, no way that was his first outing.
I bet that he has money stashed somewhere.

Apparently quite a few of the people he worked with on the heist weren’t actually too bright. They (police) say Lee was the mastermind. I agree that it likely wasn’t his first burglary. He likely started with hitting a few gas stations, convenience stores, etc. I think it didn’t there was like 12 million unaccounted for, so yeah, he likely stashed some money away.

I met him once back in 2002 on a flight to Greece. I had no idea about MMAs development (especially in the UK) as I had not followed it since the very first UFCs and no idea who he was. He was a right "Geezer" but was perfectly friendly. We had a few beers on the plane with some Brit DJ we were sitting next to.

No offence but

I don't believe you

I never got the infatuation some mma fans have for Murray. He was already on the down hill when he got busted.

He showed a lot of potential though (For was the game was back then, circa 2001-2002). He was a very heavy hitter and a fast learner, and showed hart the scarce that he need it. In that period, remember him sometimes showing surprisingly light (The number 179 lbs got stuck in my memory, and thats soaking wet) and looking nothing like the older pics of him that appeared in the SFUK website.
And he wasn't just a brawler either, guy had a string of submissions on his record

There is definitely something to be said about hearing major criminals discuss their lives and their crimes, but the flip side of that is you risk glamorizing them and turning them into a “fuckin legend m8, LEGEND!” Simply because they’re criminals.

I don't understand all this bollocks about being a gangster being cool and hip - it sounds to me like it's an American thing, that's being glamourised in TV shows and movies. Especially dealing drugs where your shelf life is going to be pretty short.

Lee Murray was Nick Diaz with knockout power.
Gets truer every day.

sorry mate - this was in the days before smart phones/the internet/profiles and all that horseshit! I didn't even know who he was till years later.
Ah I'm only pulling your pisser, he's hardly David beckham is he but still a unique run in,
Was he small in real life? I always assumed he had a small frame

Ah I'm only pulling your pisser, he's hardly David beckham is he but still a unique run in,
Was he small in real life? I always assumed he had a small frame
no - he was "rangy" - not as ripped as he looked later. big frame, hands and head and quite tall.
i was a thai boxer and talked to him about that - he said he liked grappling because he said if someone tries to break your arm, you go, no, i'm going to break your arm! I thought that was pretty funny in a strange way.

Back