Leaving China in a few months, had a mental breakdown

I just came back from a meeting. I was the only foreigner there and sitting at the table were 3 Chinese from the english department. I provided the proof. I printed out the student's paper as well as the wikipedia article it was copied from. They didn't even care about it, in fact at the end they handed it back to me. One guy named joe threw me under the bus, apparently his job was to inform me to submit my lesson plans before the semester and I never got such an e-mail. I was called out on not preparing and Joe sat there quietly knowing he messed up by not sending that e-mail to me. Tomorrow they are forcing me to apologize and there will be 2 other chinese teachers watching me. The students will have the class cancelled if I don't make up with them tomorrow, if that class is cancelled I may not get paid for it. This is absolutely the worst I've ever felt living here. I would get on a plane if it weren't for the fact that I'm currently working on getting a visa for my wife to come to my country.

I have family here. I pretty much have to bite the bullet at this point. If I piss them off they could try to have me black listed or something. Even when I move back to America I'll still need to come back to visit her side of the family. It's not about money

Let me make this clear

This isn't about ethics, this is about being fucking CHINESE.

They're making YOU Kowtow and eat shit so that THEY can save face.

get out your bib.

And to think, this could have all been avoided if you talked to the students in private.

Back