Leaving China in a few months, had a mental breakdown

I'm sure its already been mentioned but cheating in China isn't really a big issue... I'm surprised it took you this long to figure out they were cheating.

http://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/college-cheating-iowa/
https://www.theatlantic.com/educati...hina-are-making-their-way-into-the-us/474474/
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/rampant-academic-cheating-hurts-chinas-ambition/

I saw it at my college with the foreign TA's and how they "did their homework" via online sites. 5 minutes ago they wouldn't understand the concept, 10 minutes after "some googling" they had written a dissertation. It's just one of those things that doesn't seem like it's frowned upon over there, especially if it entails coming to the US in any shape, form, or fashion.

Some of you know I work at a college in China. Well just a few days ago I had a big meltdown in class and argued with all of my students. My students were giving a presentation and I noticed that it could not have been their work. The language they were using was simply too advanced. Keep in mind that these students should have already known my no tolerance policy when it comes to plagiarism. So after they finished I asked if they had copied it and they said it was their own work. I called them out on their lies and they started crying! They started making it personal and said things like "go back to america" and "you just come to china and look down on us" which is completely unfair to say because I have a wife here and do like some parts of China.

After a few minutes the whole class gave me this evil stare like I am some kind of super villain who is hellbent on destroying their beloved nation. They basically went super defensive and turned into hardcore nationalists. Eventually I asked the group to put their ppt on my computer and surprise surprise when I went back home I found the exact wikipedia article they stole it from word for word.

I told the director of the English department about this and he said to me "This is China, you should compromise. They are students, they are innocent". Now remember these students are 20 and 21 years old! Naturally I treat them like adults. Well today I found out that they reported me to the dean of the school and on Monday I have to meet with them to present my side of the story. They also spread lies about me around the campus and it started to effect some of my other lessons.

China is definitely a corrupt country where the people who lie and cheat are rewarded. I don't know how I lasted here this long but I've suffered from severe depression these last 2 years sticking it out just for the wife but even she is telling me to go back now. So now my plan is to go back home find a job and starting working on a visa to get her over to America.

Anyone ever have a mental breakdown abroad before?
My last trip to Japan I had a hotel room so small, that it gave me claustrophobia. I almost cut my trip short but decided to get a larger much more expensive room instead.

Hey I learned political Science and Ecconimics from the War room.

Watch me run as the Pressident of the Philippines in 2022.

I think Many Pacqiao will be my oponent in the elections..
I think that you learned spelling there too lol.

Some of you know I work at a college in China. Well just a few days ago I had a big meltdown in class and argued with all of my students. My students were giving a presentation and I noticed that it could not have been their work. The language they were using was simply too advanced. Keep in mind that these students should have already known my no tolerance policy when it comes to plagiarism. So after they finished I asked if they had copied it and they said it was their own work. I called them out on their lies and they started crying! They started making it personal and said things like "go back to america" and "you just come to china and look down on us" which is completely unfair to say because I have a wife here and do like some parts of China.

After a few minutes the whole class gave me this evil stare like I am some kind of super villain who is hellbent on destroying their beloved nation. They basically went super defensive and turned into hardcore nationalists. Eventually I asked the group to put their ppt on my computer and surprise surprise when I went back home I found the exact wikipedia article they stole it from word for word.

I told the director of the English department about this and he said to me "This is China, you should compromise. They are students, they are innocent". Now remember these students are 20 and 21 years old! Naturally I treat them like adults. Well today I found out that they reported me to the dean of the school and on Monday I have to meet with them to present my side of the story. They also spread lies about me around the campus and it started to effect some of my other lessons.

China is definitely a corrupt country where the people who lie and cheat are rewarded. I don't know how I lasted here this long but I've suffered from severe depression these last 2 years sticking it out just for the wife but even she is telling me to go back now. So now my plan is to go back home find a job and starting working on a visa to get her over to America.

Anyone ever have a mental breakdown abroad before?

maybe you should try educating black people in the projects and see where your patience will lead you.

You're still bitter I owned you in the food thread about broccoli. I'm not running away.
Huh, that restaurants sell broccoli beef to white foreigners, and that they'll be one less in China now that he has to run back to America?

why? what's wrong? don't tell me it's racist.

atleast china kids are there in school willing to learn.

Willing to learn, huh?

You've obviously never spent any time talking to or teaching a mainland Chinese student.

Willing to learn, huh?

You've obviously never spent any time talking to or teaching a mainland Chinese student.

between the kids in the ghetto colored school and chinese which would you choose in teaching?

Willing to learn, huh?

Not saying cheating is not rampant, dont have any experience in china, but the chinese foreign exchange students, both undergrad and grad students, at my university were the real deal.

Not saying cheating is not rampant, dont have any experience in china, but the chinese foreign exchange students, both undergrad and grad students, at my university were the real deal.

Yeah, cause they wanted to be there and actually studied. That's like the top 1-2%, the exceptional students. Most are just burnt out lumps of flesh sitting in desks, half listening to a teacher they're scared of, not to mention their parents.

Yeah, cause they wanted to be there and actually studied. That's like the top 1-2%, the exceptional students. Most are just burnt out lumps of flesh sitting in desks, half listening to a teacher they're scared of, not to mention their parents.
but they ain't afraid of the white English teacher, lol, fuck those gwei-los

between the kids in the ghetto colored school and chinese which would you choose in teaching?
Neither.

A friend of mines got a teaching position offering from a Japaneses charter school in the Bay Area and he said fuck it. He'll only teach white kids because non whites are too problematic. Those were basically his words.

I'd choose the chinese students. If you run out of ideas you can just throw on "frozen" or "finding nemo" or possibly "fast and the furious 7" or an NBA game and the students will be 100% focused on it while I sit in the back of the room shaking my wechat and taking to Chinese milfs who desperately want my cock meat.

Honestly this is what the OP should have been doing all along....

Shaking the wechat and counting the rambos is what teaching in china is all about....that and fine young Chinese tail.

but they ain't afraid of the white English teacher, lol, fuck those gwei-los

Gui-lao is a Cantonese term. But yes, you can have order and the respect of your students as a foreign teacher. Fear is not the goal. Leave that to the Chinese teachers.

Case in point: International schools taught largely by foreign teachers.

always one dip shit trying to start a race war.

dude that thread is about a whole fucking nation already i just gave out another example. i bet you if i say irish ghetto you wouldn't say a thing?

Back