Lawyer: Conor McGregor has ‘no way to defend himself’ in Michael Chiesa lawsuit

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
“There’s definitely a legitimate case,” said the lawyer, who specializes in criminal defense and personal injury. “In fact, because [McGregor] plead guilty in the criminal case. And in criminal cases the standard is higher — it’s beyond a reasonable doubt. It’s not a preponderance of the evidence. Because he did that, it’s virtually a defenseless case. You can’t defend this case, there’s no way to defend it. Even if he didn’t plead guilty, there’s 450 videos showing this. There’s really no substantive defense.”

“There’s no other way,” the lawyer said. “Because there’s no defense. There’s no way Conor can defend his case — he plead guilty. He allocated in open court what he did wrong. There’s no defense that’s admissible in this case.”

“What they can do in this case is they can really put Conor through the ringer,” Shakhnevich said. “They can make him sit for a deposition, they could tape the deposition. It could make him really uncomfortable. He doesn’t need that. He has money, he has fame, he has everything. He’s not gonna want to be dragged through the mud. He’s gonna pay whatever he has to pay. Whatever he pays will pale in comparison to what he makes in a couple of weeks. There’s really no reason for him to defend this case.”

“It’s tough to forego this possibility,” the attorney said. “The justice system is designed for this and he has a great case on the merits. There’s no downside. So, it’s tough to blame him. To get that much money in his pocket for a guy — you never know, he could lose his next fight and be cut and that’s it. It’s that kind of business. So, you can’t really judge him. I don’t. I’d encourage him to do the same thing and I’d encourage everybody else in that bus to do the same thing.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/9/...y-to-defend-himself-in-michael-chiesa-lawsuit

gettyimages-501171408.jpg

"you never know, he could lose his next fight and be cut and that’s it"

lol

Chiesa moved up in weight and in tax bracket all in 1 year. Good on him

Ray Borg has his eyes all over this case.

That is Michael Chiesa's bum lawyer.
There are levels to the lawyer game as well.

It same problem as when he meet khabib in the cage

How many times does he have to reiterate that there is no defense?

“There’s definitely a legitimate case,” said the lawyer, who specializes in criminal defense and personal injury. “In fact, because [McGregor] plead guilty in the criminal case. And in criminal cases the standard is higher — it’s beyond a reasonable doubt. It’s not a preponderance of the evidence. Because he did that, it’s virtually a defenseless case. You can’t defend this case, there’s no way to defend it. Even if he didn’t plead guilty, there’s 450 videos showing this. There’s really no substantive defense.”

“There’s no other way,” the lawyer said. “Because there’s no defense. There’s no way Conor can defend his case — he plead guilty. He allocated in open court what he did wrong. There’s no defense that’s admissible in this case.”

“What they can do in this case is they can really put Conor through the ringer,” Shakhnevich said. “They can make him sit for a deposition, they could tape the deposition. It could make him really uncomfortable. He doesn’t need that. He has money, he has fame, he has everything. He’s not gonna want to be dragged through the mud. He’s gonna pay whatever he has to pay. Whatever he pays will pale in comparison to what he makes in a couple of weeks. There’s really no reason for him to defend this case.”

“It’s tough to forego this possibility,” the attorney said. “The justice system is designed for this and he has a great case on the merits. There’s no downside. So, it’s tough to blame him. To get that much money in his pocket for a guy — you never know, he could lose his next fight and be cut and that’s it. It’s that kind of business. So, you can’t really judge him. I don’t. I’d encourage him to do the same thing and I’d encourage everybody else in that bus to do the same thing.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/9/...y-to-defend-himself-in-michael-chiesa-lawsuit

gettyimages-501171408.jpg

So they'll just settle this real quick and Chiesa gets his 100K - 50 from Conor, 50 from Barklays

Last edited:
Mama's boy about to get paid more in a courtroom then his entire MMA career combined.

if i'm not mistaken, one of chiesa's main complaints is that he missed out on being a replacement fighter in a title fight vs khabib, and that cost him a shit-ton of money. good luck proving that in court. there's no way the ufc will admit chiesa would've been picked to fill in for holloway, even if true.

Conor will likely settle, but it seems this lawyer is mistaken. Didn't Conor plead no contest?

Who ever thought Michael Chiesa would become a millionaire as an MMA fighter? Not I....yet, it now seems he will.

Jarl

I’d encourage him to do the same thing and I’d encourage everybody else in that bus to do the same thing.
Homie here tryna get a cut of that money Conor has to pay up.

That is Michael Chiesa's bum lawyer.
There are levels to the lawyer game as well.
This

There's always a defense. Even if you were caught committing murder on video - there's always a defense.

Do they'll just settle this real quick and Chiesa gets his 100K - 50 from Conor, 50 from Barklays
Why would Chiesa settle for so little? Conor will get ass raped by a jury so they better come with a good enough number to make Chiesa feel comfortable.

Why would Chiesa settle for so little? Conor will get ass raped by a jury so they better come with a good enough number to make Chiesa feel comfortable.

100k is a shitload though ?

His injuries were what, a cut and some bruises? Dudes a cage fighter he gets beat up and cut all the time, id make the case he should be given no more than his standard fight purse

That's because Chiesa wants his money now, and not in 2031

Last edited:
Back