Lawyer: Conor McGregor has ‘no way to defend himself’ in Michael Chiesa lawsuit

I might not be as cool as the "tough guys" on Sherdog for not shaming Chiesa about this case, but hes absolutely doing the right thing

If you go throwing around objects in public, get ready to pay up motherfucker. It is what it is

I hope Chiesa gets as much money as possible

This

There's always a defense. Even if you were caught committing murder on video - there's always a defense.
Not sure much a "defense" as much as palm greasing. Donations to a judge's election war chest are really helpful.

He still has to substantiate damages. Dude was making what $30k a fight? Even if he says Conor ruined his career because he cut his forehead what do you give him? He didn’t help his case by fighting 3 months later either. But lets say Conor cost him 10 fights (ridiculous) that would still be only $300K. Chump change for Conor. If he gets anything close to a million it wouldn’t be “justice” but who knows with US courts.

100k is a shitload though ?

His injuries were what, a cut and some bruises? Dudes a cage fighter he gets beat up and cut all the time, id make the case he should be given no more than his standard fight purse
Show + win money + legal fees is more than generous imo

Whatever he pays will pale in comparison to what he makes in a couple of weeks. There’s really no reason for him to defend this case.”

The most important part of this post for those who think Chiesa is walking away with millions.

Encouraging more frivolous lawsuits, people like him is whats wrong with the country.

100k is a shitload though ?

His injuries were what, a cut and some bruises? Dudes a cage fighter he gets beat up and cut all the time, id make the case he should be given no more than his standard fight purse
Dude an old man just got $400K because he got rear-ended by a teenager texting. No major physical damages but the guy testified in court that he has serious anxiety when driving and sometimes it gets so bad he can't drive at all. His attorney wanted $275K. The kid's insurance company tried to settle for $75K. The jury awarded him $400K. Just for a vehicle accident with no physical damage
to his person. Just emotional and mental trauma.

He can say he has PTSD and he's afraid of buses now. Afraid to even look at them or ride on one. Afraid of dollies especially that it sends him into full panic mode. That to him he relives the nightmare every day. Even considered suicide over it. Sees a shrink because of it etc.

That's what happens when slimey lawyers get involved.

How many times does he have to reiterate that there is no defense?
He could have repeated it a thousand times and Clowner nuthuggers would still argue that Conor will defend instead of settling out of court, lmao.

That is Michael Chiesa's bum lawyer.
There are levels to the lawyer game as well.

Admitted guilt in a criminal case.

The arguments are going to be about how
much Conor pays.

Which you wouldn’t know because you’re not a lawyer.

I’m not a NY lawyer but ... I am admitted in a common law jurisdiction.

Dude an old man just got $400K because he got rear-ended by a teenager texting. No major physical damages but the guy testified in court that he has serious anxiety when driving and sometimes it gets so bad he can't drive at all. His attorney wanted $275K. The kid's insurance company tried to settle for $75K. The jury awarded him $400K.

Lol thats mental, im from the UK so have no clue how your law system works

But my argument is a legit one i feel, Chisea is a cage fighter and taking damage is part of his profession, he was at works event and he took damage. A minor amount of superficial damage, pay him his accepted amount which he agrees is fair to take damage aka his fight purse

I think that would win tbh

“There’s definitely a legitimate case,” said the lawyer, who specializes in criminal defense and personal injury. “In fact, because [McGregor] plead guilty in the criminal case. And in criminal cases the standard is higher — it’s beyond a reasonable doubt. It’s not a preponderance of the evidence. Because he did that, it’s virtually a defenseless case. You can’t defend this case, there’s no way to defend it. Even if he didn’t plead guilty, there’s 450 videos showing this. There’s really no substantive defense.”

“There’s no other way,” the lawyer said. “Because there’s no defense. There’s no way Conor can defend his case — he plead guilty. He allocated in open court what he did wrong. There’s no defense that’s admissible in this case.”

“What they can do in this case is they can really put Conor through the ringer,” Shakhnevich said. “They can make him sit for a deposition, they could tape the deposition. It could make him really uncomfortable. He doesn’t need that. He has money, he has fame, he has everything. He’s not gonna want to be dragged through the mud. He’s gonna pay whatever he has to pay. Whatever he pays will pale in comparison to what he makes in a couple of weeks. There’s really no reason for him to defend this case.”

“It’s tough to forego this possibility,” the attorney said. “The justice system is designed for this and he has a great case on the merits. There’s no downside. So, it’s tough to blame him. To get that much money in his pocket for a guy — you never know, he could lose his next fight and be cut and that’s it. It’s that kind of business. So, you can’t really judge him. I don’t. I’d encourage him to do the same thing and I’d encourage everybody else in that bus to do the same thing.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/9/...y-to-defend-himself-in-michael-chiesa-lawsuit

gettyimages-501171408.jpg

If conor retired, good luck trying to get him to pay any amount of money...he's an Irish citizen...he doesn't live in this country...therefore any amount conor is ordered to pay, is meaningless, if it can't possibly be inforced...

Large metal objects and broken glass never combine for a positive experience

That's because Chiesa wants his money now, and not is 2031
Yeah but still Conor probably needs to come up with at least 250K to make it go away now. His social media accounts showing him blatantly blowing money is going to come back and haunt him.

If Chiesa waits it out he could potentially be looking at 7 digit payout in 7-10 years.

Dude an old man just got $400K because he got rear-ended by a teenager texting. No major physical damages but the guy testified in court that he has serious anxiety when driving and sometimes it gets so bad he can't drive at all. His attorney wanted $275K. The kid's insurance company tried to settle for $75K. The jury awarded him $400K. Just for a vehicle accident with no physical damage
to his person. Just emotional and mental trauma.
There’s a lot of Irish and Conor fans in NY. Even one or two of them on the jury would help sway things for Conor. But realistically Conors settles out of court for less than $500K. Probably $200K or something silly like that. Not bad for a cut on the forehead.

This was the right thing to do and I am surprised Ray Borg isn't doing the same, he got glass in his eye.
Maybe since Chiesa is opening this lawsuit more fighters from the bus will join him.
Hell, even Rose has a case as it was public that she was visibly traumatized

Ray Borg has his eyes all over this case.

If i was conor, I'd make the big bucks on this fight and then retire...then go straight back to Ireland. conor will then be free of having to pay any money...cause how is the U.S going to make an Irish citizen pay money? can't happen...

Back