Lawler Looking Quite a Bit Bigger Than RDA at Media Day

Lawler is a full sized welterweight who spent plenty of time competing at 185lbs. RDA is a 'in-between' guy who out grew lightweight, but isn't quite the size of elite guys at 170lbs.

In his prime, I don't think Lawler has any trouble at all with RDA. Much was made of his suspicious test numbers (returned just prior to USADA starting, when NSAC decided to do some advanced testing) and he hasn't looked like the same guy since.

Struggling with Cowboy is a problem. That is exactly the guy Lawler should blow right through, who gave him his kind of fight. I think the best Lawler is behind us and thats why we have a competitive fight.

RDA will be undersized but I think he's still in his prime.

usp-mma_-ufc-173-lawler-vs-ellenberger.jpg

LMAO @ that Barry Bonds skull.

young-robbie_lawler.jpg

Looks better with hair.

Well, one had fought at MW and has no shot of making 155 and the other made LW. I'm sure there's a natural discrepancy in size

Robbie is both taller and heavier. I don't really know what other metrics we can use for 'larger' considering RDA is just factually a smaller guy.

I didn't argue otherwise...

Theyey are quite literally different sized men. A former middleweight turned career welterweight fighting a former lightweight.

Agreed...

Cowboy and Nate Diaz are not and never have been the size of Lawler, or other properly sized welterweights. I have a hard time accepting that as a comparison.

They're both taller with more reach than Lawler, which is one of the advantages People usually associate with being "the larger man" they use their length more than Lawler too. I wasn't arguing that they're bigger than Lawler--i was arguing that they're lengthier than Lawler and that RDA won't struggle with Lawlers height or reach because He's
experienced against taller, lankier fighters.

Tarec, for his part, is 5'10" and looked undersized against Rory. He has a 2-4 UFC record, which you can imagine factors in to his loss to RDA, they are at different skill levels in the sport.

Once again, i never argued otherwise.

I think the meaningful difference here is Lawler appears outside his prime. First round, knocked dead KO loss, long layoff, then struggled to beat Cowboy who should be an easy matchup for him. The best Lawler is behind us I think - and RDA is still in his prime.

I have no idea about that.

I actually thought RDA looked bigger than I thought he would next to Robbie. Going to the event live, second UFC experience first was Edmonton a few months ago! I'm so excited for this show

RDA is a pretty undersized WW.

Lawler fought a solid portion of his career at MW and has fought at 195 before.

RDA fought the vast majority of hIs career at 155/ LW.

There should be a distinct different in their size. They will both weigh 171 on Friday but Robbie is the bigger man.

No no they won't. Also name of each of RDA opponents who fought a good chunk of their careers at mw

I must of worded that incorrectly because you're the second person to misunderstand.

RDA is used to fighting guys bigger than him. Him being himself, RDA.

You think lawler can rehydrate above 195lbs?

Lawler fought a solid portion of his career at MW and has fought at 195 before.

RDA fought the vast majority of hIs career at 155/ LW.

There should be a distinct different in their size. They will both weigh 171 on Friday but Robbie is the bigger man.

RDA said he's cutting from 195lbs. Even if lawler weighs more, I'm not sure how much more he could rehydrate above 195lbs (RDA's weight), so they should weigh within 10lbs of each other come fight night.

Unless RDA is lying.

I must of worded that incorrectly because you're the second person to misunderstand.

RDA is used to fighting guys bigger than him. Him being himself, RDA.

You think lawler can rehydrate above 195lbs?

Probably not but I doubt RDA does either. Don't believe everything these fighters say.

RDA is 5'9" 195, or so he says. Prime Thiago Alves was 5'9" 195. Who looks bigger?
MbDGev

MbDGev

Good thing he is only twice his size... ;) . Both have knockout power. So Pumped for them to Bang!!!

Back