Largest Fighter Per Division

HW is Lesnar without a shred of doubt. He weighed in at 285 lbs for his NFL combine. At that weight, he was able to run a 4.6 40 yard. When he is in shape, he weighs 285 lbs. Other heavyweights who get up to that weight are carrying fat.

Cruz was 160 lbs at a point so he's probs one of the bigger bantamweights but then again I remember seeing someone that was 6 1 in bantamweight so he must weigh a decent amount.

flw: lineker probably (145)
Bw: Barao (159)
Fw: diego Sanchez (173) vs lamar
Lw: tibau (185)
Ww: marquardt or rumble (200)
Mw: weidman (208)
Lhw: Glover (228)
Well Luke says he walks around at 210. No way Barao weighs around the same as Cruz that's nuts.

The thought of retired Ronda fucking my face drives me crazy.

tenor.gif

I think after Tibau Kevin Lee is probably the most massive lw and for lhw I would say Forrest

You are one of those idiots that think height equals size eh? Weight is your mass, not height. Do you think Condit is bigger then Mark Hunt?
I'm not an idiot. Height doesn't equal size. Height, reach, weight are all size properties.

Condit is taller and longer than Mark Hunt. Hunt has dat Samoan big man frame and much more body fat.

Weight classes exist not just to separate fighters by weight. It's assumed that as weight goes up, height and reach do too. All three are important. Weight is not the be-all end-all. It's possible for the heavier fighter to have the size disadvantage.

You are one of those idiots who didn't consider all of the above, can barely read and write, and calls people idiots on forums as soon as there's any sort of disagreement, eh?

'Largeness' could equate to volume or mass. There's no reason height, a measurement of one dimension, would be considered for 'largeness'.

And since we aren't putting fighters in water tanks to measure displacement, yes, the thread is about mass or heaviness. What else would it be about?

But yeah, the specific choices you mentioned--Woodley, DC, and Lineker aren't big for their divisions. lineker in particular was just shitty at cutting weight, but he wasn't a big flyweight.
Read the post I just made above. I'm not interested in arguing semantics. Words are just communication tools.

In style matchups, height, reach, and weight all play a factor. Being a taller, longer fighter in a fight is an advantage. Height and length are about size.

Hypothetically, let's say Lineker DID cut more than anyone else at flyweight. Let's say he fights Scoggins who's 4 inches taller and fights long, with his karate style. Due to that, Lineker struggles to land his hooks on Scoggins, who maintains the distance well while landing consistently himself. Also, because he's taller, and because height is more visually noticeable than weight and reach, all the Shertards say the cliche things like "zomg Scoggins looks 2 weight classes bigger than Lineker". They say the same thing when they face off at the weigh-ins. They say the same thing after a post-fight photo is posted. Scoggins had a size advantage, even though Lineker was heavier.

Weight isn't the sum of all other size properties. Not all pounds are equal. 3 inches is much more important than 3 pounds, in general.

I'm not an idiot. Height doesn't equal size. Height, reach, weight are all size properties.

Condit is taller and longer than Mark Hunt. Hunt has dat Samoan big man frame and much more body fat.

Weight classes exist not just to separate fighters by weight. It's assumed that as weight goes up, height and reach do too. All three are important. Weight is not the be-all end-all. It's possible for the heavier fighter to have the size disadvantage.

You are one of those idiots who didn't consider all of the above, can barely read and write, and calls people idiots on forums as soon as there's any sort of disagreement, eh?

You're the only idiot here John.

Last edited:
You'e the only idiot here John.
Then be kind and educate me on how I'm wrong. If I was not only simply wrong, but so wrong that I must be an idiot, then you'd think someone would be capable of telling me how that's the case.

Nate Diaz is the biggest fighter in the UFC with his 510lbs (3x170) total mass.

By weight: Hunto, DC, Rockhold, Alves, Tibau, Holloway, Cruz, Elliot.

By frame: Struve, Jones, Rockhold, Wonderbread, Diaz, Hollaway, Cruz, Elliot.

LHW: Maybe DC. According to Big John McCarthy he was 236lbs for Rumble 2.

What?

When DC faced Roy Nelson at HW, he was in the process of dropping weight and weighed in at 224.

IIRC, for more recent LHW fights DC said he's cutting from around 217 or so.

Who's the biggest fighter in the history of each weight class?

HW: Lesnar maybe? He probably cut from over 280 pounds.

LHW: Maybe DC. According to Big John McCarthy he was 236lbs for Rumble 2.

MW: Maybe Rockhold. 6ft3in and definitely over 210lbs in the cage.

WW: Woodley probably. The dude is made of muscle.

LW: Wasn't Tibau nearly 200lbs in the cage back in the day as a LW?

FW: No clue. McGregor has to be up there, though.

BW: No clue.

FLW: Lineker or Borg?

Can we stop pretending McGregor is some giant....he is big for the division, yes, but Jeremy Stephens, Anthony Pettis, Kenny Florian, and Mirsad Bektic are HUGE men for featherweight.

I saw Max Holloway at Ala Moana Mall the other week and I will tell you clowns that it would not surprise me in the least if he's 170 175 normal. Hi head is gynormous too.

He has to be the top heavy in FW.

Doo Ho Choi is another fucking huge FW though.

HW under ufc weight standard i think Tim Sylvia

Of course Lesnar was more muscular but

brock_lesnar_tim_sylvia.jpg
Lesner looks like a little boy next to tim.

Can you imagine if tim had reems training regimen?
Lol and reem has to be up there for hw
LHW. Maybe forest or even Irvin
MW AS hasn’t ever looked outsized by anyone. Boricbinni for the new blood

WW GSP he fights at 185 now lol. But seriously probunlay joe Riggs

MW AS hasn’t ever looked outsized by anyone.

Chael was just slighty shorter but looked much thicker than him
SilvaSonnen118.jpg
Anderson-Silva-Chael-Sonnen-UFC-148-10021.jpg

ept_sports_mma_experts-662677623-1295930865.jpg

Also we forget Rumble

Dude have the frame to be a big LHW, considering he fought at WW this make him possibly the potential biggest in both WW and MW

For LHW Jones and Alistair have basically the same build, with different layers of peds over it
I say Alistair as even with both at full peds, he's the one the develop more mass as body type

That MW guy "shoeface" would be big for LHW standards....

"large" is too broad a term. Except for AJ at WW.

Back