News KSW two-division champion, Salahdine Parnasse, is very close to signing with the PFL

Damn shame but you kinda had a feeling this would happen. Hope he competes at LW would love to see him against the winner of Usman-Shabliy

<DCrying> PFL turns everything it touches into shit. I really hope he doesn't go there.

Why is the only competition with money so terrible?

This is the way the UFC insulates itself from future lawsuits that it's a monopoly.

The dream used to be all the best fighters in one promotion. That dream is dead. But the reality is, what we have is okay. I'm fine with Parnasse going to PFL, testing himself there, and maybe coming to the UFC later.

<DCrying> PFL turns everything it touches into shit. I really hope he doesn't go there.

Why is the only competition with money so terrible?
These are my exact feelings. If a promotion like Strikeforce or Pride were still around and a top free agent signed there I’d be happy for them getting a bag but god I cannot stand PFL. Their product is damn near unwatchable.

PFL Europe or the US ?

PFL Europe majority owned by Dazn is doing far better economically than regular PFL in the states which is a burning money machine with no direction and a complete crap show …

Damn shame but you kinda had a feeling this would happen. Hope he competes at LW would love to see him against the winner of Usman-Shabliy

No, dude needs to compete at 145. I don't think he's got shit for Usman or Shabliy.

Who ever thought he was going there? If they were gonna sign anyone it would be Hughes not him.

and isnt this what people say they wanted for years, decade even? Fighters to have options, orgs to challenge UFC etc?

No, dude needs to compete at 145. I don't think he's got shit for Usman or Shabliy.
He looks like a big dude can he make that weight still? Didn't dude win a belt at 155 and fought for a belt at 170 in KSW? I haven't watched many fights of him but I saw when he won the interim belt at 155 and he looked phenomenal to me.

Who ever thought he was going there? If they were gonna sign anyone it would be Hughes not him.

and isnt this what people say they wanted for years, decade even? Fighters to have options, orgs to challenge UFC etc?
I personally hate PFL, if it was anyone else fine. Maybe not ONE since he would never fight

We want an option to compete with the UFC that isn't PFL.

He looks like a big dude can he make that weight still? Didn't dude win a belt at 155 and fought for a belt at 170 in KSW? I haven't watched many fights of him but I saw when he won the interim belt at 155 and he looked phenomenal to me.

He defended his 145lb title 9 months ago, I think he can still make the weight. He is not a Welterweight, nowhere near a Welterweights size...that was a pure ego stunt fighting Bartosinski, I wouldn't favor most of the UFCs top 10 at 155lbs to beat Bartosinski, let alone Featherweights.

Salahdine has a lanky frame, dudes very lean, long legs, short torso. He's muscular but not wide or thick at all. Maybe as he ages 145 gets tougher, but I think at 155 he's just an average sized guy, a good size maybe but definitely smaller than some and similar in size to most.

Not really sure why people are just getting on PFL's case.

No org is perfect and outside of the UFC many are very very far from it. But this is truly new ground being broken by an org like PFL that regardless of what the behind the scenes finances look like right now was able to sign the number 1 HW away from the UFC. They are signing one of KSW's top guys. Swoop in and grabbed a guy like Doumbe out from under the UFC.

Love or hate them, they are at least being aggressive in free agency. So many people on here want another real player in the field to help fighters better negotiate contracts and for the first time it seems like we got the PFL willing to do just about anything to sign anyone if they want them. In the past so many of these orgs the top 10 guys were almost off limits for the B orgs to sign because of the money involved. Does this all work out of PFL 3 or 5 years down road, who knows, history isn't kind to MMA orgs outside the UFC. But at least top guys have a serious org to go test free agency with and a lot sherdoggers have always wanted that.

No org is perfect and outside of the UFC many are very very far from it. But this is truly new ground being broken by an org like PFL that regardless of what the behind the scenes finances look like right now was able to sign the number 1 HW away from the UFC. They are signing one of KSW's top guys. Swoop in and grabbed a guy like Doumbe out from under the UFC.

Love or hate them, they are at least being aggressive in free agency. So many people on here want another real player in the field to help fighters better negotiate contracts and for the first time it seems like we got the PFL willing to do just about anything to sign anyone if they want them. In the past so many of these orgs the top 10 guys were almost off limits for the B orgs to sign because of the money involved. Does this all work out of PFL 3 or 5 years down road, who knows, history isn't kind to MMA orgs outside the UFC. But at least top guys have a serious org to go test free agency with and a lot sherdoggers have always wanted that.
I want elbows and to get rid of the stupid season

Signing the #1 heavyweight in the world doesn’t mean shit if he doesn’t actually care about fighting for your promotion.

Watch one of their events and you’ll get it.

I want PFL to succeed as I like alternatives, but disallowing elbows in unified rules, the tournament format, the bad pacing on their shows, etc. are things I would like to see them work on.

Watch one of their events and you’ll get it.

I want PFL to succeed as I like alternatives, but disallowing elbows in unified rules, the tournament format, the bad pacing on their shows, etc. are things I would like to see them work on.

I thought the pacing has been much better of lately. I don't think the UFC's pacing isn't anything to write home about either. Most MMA events I DVR and fast forward through a lot of the BS.

Tournament will always be something they do as its their format. But now with the Bellator roster we will be getting more stand alone events and will be getting better name value in the tournaments to make them a little more appealing.

The point of it is you got a new org that is trying on big scale. That if they find some traction maybe for the first the time in along time the UFC actually has someone willing to poach top guys away from them and even if they don't get them to jump ship they probably will help fighter "x" get paid better.

Back