Salahdine Parnasse is not impressed with Strickland's salary.. PFL will get him for sure

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240410_164318.jpg

200k to fight, 200k if victory

Salahdine is outraged : "are we talking about the former MW champion here?"

Unless he gets special Dana treatment, it's unlikely that Parnasse, the double division KSW champ (he failed getting the third division belt), signs with the UFC.

His coach and himself said that the main focus was to be financially secure for the years to come : "I have a daughter and I want to make sure she gets proper education and care" Salah said.

Well, even though it's pretty cheap to study in France, he wants to secure a good contract, whatever the organization

Well Yeah... Ngannou has made more in two boxing matches than the entire UFC roster has in the past year... two years.

*** By the way. I'm talking out my butt ... but that does sound pretty legit ***

<seedat>

The only way Sean will fight in another organization or box is if his daddy Dana lets him. In which he will not. Sean talks a lot of stupid but is he really a draw? Nopecrysean.jpeg

Former champion that has done nothing since losing the belt but complain about how awful his employer is and how little desire he has to be an MMA fighter (and turning down fights with ample notice). He's not done himself any favours coming back to the negotiating table. I don't think they would fight that hard to keep him on the roster

View attachment 1038617

200k to fight, 200k if victory

Salahdine is outraged : "are we talking about the former MW champion here?"

Unless he gets special Dana treatment, it's unlikely that Parnasse, the double division KSW champ (he failed getting the third division belt), signs with the UFC.

His coach and himself said that the main focus was to be financially secure for the years to come : "I have a daughter and I want to make sure she gets proper education and care" Salah said.

Well, even though it's pretty cheap to study in France, he wants to secure a good contract, whatever the organization
UFC is an opportunity and not a career. I doubt that PFL can provide that life changing 50% off Venum coupon opportunity

I am really surprised that someone, who came from nothing, would turn down a guaranteed 200k. I also think Sean would beat Costa pretty handily so it's really 400k and a possible FOTN bonus. Sean should know, this is how he gets the title back. Maybe he really didn't care about the title or making money... This is the UFC opportunity Dana has been talking about.

I am terrible at predicting what will happen with Strickland.

I can see him being the Mike Perry of the PFL or something like that. He's a provocative figure who's VERY good and has a dedicated fan base.

But I suspect he'll stick around the UFC and some kind a deal will be worked out.

... 200 000$ is almost what a teacher earn in 10 years in France, pretty sure his daughter is already in a situation of getting "proper education and care" if he can laugh at such a prize just for showing once. Not mentionning the fact that being french, getting proper education and care is basically free...

I'm not saying that UFC doesn't underpay fighters compared to other orgs, but come on there are better arguments to turn down the bald goof

... 200 000$ is almost what a teacher earn in 10 years in France, pretty sure his daughter is already in a situation of getting "proper education and care" if he can laugh at such a prize just for showing once. Not mentionning the fact that being french, getting proper education and care is basically free...

I'm not saying that UFC doesn't underpay fighters compared to other orgs, but come on there are better arguments to turn down the bald goof

Providing for his family in his home country is a reasonable thing to consider when exploring salary options. He shouldn't erase his concerns because life is shittier in America.

Providing for his family in his home country is a reasonable thing to consider when exploring salary options. He shouldn't erase his concerns because life is shittier in America.
sure, but that wasnt my main point, my point was : if 200k is laughable for him, then his family is probably already provided (i assume he already earned 5x or 10x this to laugh at it)

sure, but that wasnt my main point, my point was : if 200k is laughable for him, then his family is probably already provided (i assume he already earned 5x or 10x this to laugh at it)

You're reading things he never said (as well as making groundless assumptions).

Former champion that has done nothing since losing the belt but complain about how awful his employer is and how little desire he has to be an MMA fighter (and turning down fights with ample notice). He's not done himself any favours coming back to the negotiating table. I don't think they would fight that hard to keep him on the roster
They probably have him signed for a while, not sure whats his contract situation but the UFC seems to do extensions on title fights.

Lmao he doesn't make that much. He was on over 100k to show for KSW though and I think PFL will probably offer him 250k or something.

Shame that PFL is so tough to watch but it is what it is.

More people will respond to this thread about Salahdine than watch any of his fights when he signs to the PFL.

Back