Known Cases of Glass Jaw

Behind the year is a structural strong point. It's at the base of the skull where it joins the jaw. Impact at that location is dampened by the nearby jaw muscles. The illusion that Nate has a strong chin was perpetuated by him constantly facing smaller weak strikers who have no KO power. You put him against a real KO artist like Rumble and he'll get KTFO so fast.
Some sexy muscles Josh had in that fight. ;)
IMG_2578.JPG
IMG_2579.PNG

Aldo getting KTFO in 13 seconds by Conor and getting dropped by midget Mendes

Cory Anderson and Sonny Liston both got hit in the temple TS...

P.S. few people get KOed in as much style as Charlie Brennamen. Here are some of his greatest hits:

Bo7Iv89.gif

tumblr_n4nyenJ09z1rofocqo1_400.gif

1_medium.gif

Gotta love that protracted rumble KO. Wish more people learned how to get KOed so well.

P.S. few people get KOed in as much style as Charlie Brennamen. Here are some of his greatest hits:

Bo7Iv89.gif

tumblr_n4nyenJ09z1rofocqo1_400.gif

1_medium.gif

Gotta love that protracted rumble KO. Wish more people learned how to get KOed so well.
I appreciate the gifs but I'm pretty sure he got fucking destroyed in all of them.

Chuck Liddell or Rich Franklin towards the end of their careers.

Arvloski and Overeem don't have glass jaws. It's a myth because their defense lacks, meaning they leave themselves open for big shots.

Anderson Silva got KTFO by a wrestler that threw a punch that wouldn't have even rocked Jonathan Goulet and got dropped multiple times by pillowfistping.

Not to mention his leg broke in half off a leg kick.

Anderson "made of glass" Silva.

Anderson has a glass leg

Man, I hate "glass jaw" discussions. I just fought this Saturday and though I won the fight, my head is still buzzing from the punches: I've got a black eye and a wound on my forehead. You can get rocked or even ko'ed by a guy who doesn't hit all that hard if he gets the timing just right or if it hits one of the vulnerable spots in your head - espescially with mma gloves. Or, as any boxer knows, if you just get caught with something you don't see coming. I just don't understand how someone can call Nate Diaz a "glass jaw" with all the punches he took from Conor over those two fights, espescially considering how many guys McG has flatlined. Same for the reverse: Conor took a beating from Nate in the second fight, but fought through it. It's frickin' awful when you are in there taking a beating that you can't find a way to stop. These guys deserve a little respect.

Last edited:
Behind the year is a structural strong point. It's at the base of the skull where it joins the jaw. Impact at that location is dampened by the nearby jaw muscles. The illusion that Nate has a strong chin was perpetuated by him constantly facing smaller weak strikers who have no KO power. You put him against a real KO artist like Rumble and he'll get KTFO so fast.

I was actually referring to GSP rather than Nate. Staggering a fighter with a shot behind the ear isn't because it damages a "structural strong point", it's because it is a very well known and documented place to rattle an opponents senses and throw off their equilibrium. JDS rattled Velasquez and TKO'd him the same way Serra did to GSP. JDS also put Hunt out cold by landing in the same spot.

There are countless examples of fighters getting TKO'd from getting hit behind the ear. When the stars set in and you can't hear anything except the ringing in your own ears and your legs go to rubber, it's pretty hard to defend yourself against your opponent. I've been both punched and kicked in the same spot, I can speak from experience.

I would say Luke Rockhold but with Vitor he got the force of a TRTyrannosaurus applied to his face, and with Bisping he got caught with the perfect placement. Don't know if that counts.

But man... getting KO'd by Bisping. Hard to live that down.

Mark Hunt belongs nowhere near a glass jaw discussion..

Because Hunt didn't straight up eat a prime Cro Cop head kick or anything..

• Mighty Mouse knocks Benavidez completely out with one punch in a division it's more likely to see a shooting star than a real KO.
Punching power is about more than size. Flyweights with heavy hands are likely to hit as hard as a heavyweight with "soft hands." Dan Henderson may hit harder than any heavyweight, including Hunt.

- Mark Hunt got Kod by a MW and soft Undereem

- Roy Nelson and Ben Rothwell got KOd by glass chin Arlovski

- Condit got dropped left and right by journeyman Ellenberger

- Fedor got rocked by UFC washout Maldonado

P4p worst chins imo.

(TS logic)

Alistair Overeem -- seriously I don't know how this guy remains conscious when he shaves

Back