Known Cases of Glass Jaw

Natesblackshirt

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Some notable cases of glass jaw I have diagnosed.
  • Bethe Correira gets completely flatlined by one of the weakest punches I've ever seen against Rousey.
  • Mighty Mouse knocks Benavidez completely out with one punch in a division it's more likely to see a shooting star than a real KO.
  • Corey Anderson eats one of Manuwa's lighter punches and goes down like he was tasered. (Ya, ya he hit him in the temple whatever)
  • Todd Duffee dominates the whole fight and gets absolutely wrecked by a fat guy with no striking (although he did have incredible power)
  • Marvin Eastman gets knocked out cold by the air from the punch of a JJ fighter.
  • Joanna Champion gets rocked and stanky legged by a chick that trained primarily boxercise for the fight.
  • Sunny Liston gets famously knocked out by a punch that didn't even land. Being immortalized forever in history as The Godfather of glass jaws.
What are some other notable examples? I know there are plenty.

GSP. Serra touched him with a pillow jab and he was out on his feet. Serra has a grand total of 2 KOs in his life.

Nate Diaz. Got KTFO by Josh Thomson who has like 5 TKOs in over 30 fights.

Mark Hunt. Getting KOed left and right.

Melvin Manhoef
Overeem
Andrei Arlovski
Lyoto Machida (Out of his prime)

IMG_2463.GIF
GSP. Serra touched him with a pillow jab and he was out on his feet. Serra has a grand total of 2 KOs in his life.

This guy for sure.

22569331_119378921932.jpg

Coner got rocked by Nate's volume punches

Terrible chin, luckily never been tested against someone serious or else he'd get knocked out cold LMFAO

Anderson Silva got KTFO by a wrestler that threw a punch that wouldn't have even rocked Jonathan Goulet and got dropped multiple times by pillowfistping.

Not to mention his leg broke in half off a leg kick.

Anderson "made of glass" Silva.

LOL@ accusing fighters of having a glass jaw after they've been KO'd by a perfect punch. Some of those mentioned have questionable jaws, but Benevidez because of the MM KO? Bitch please.

I remember when keyboard warrior retard threads like this would be an automatic IP ban. I kind of long for those days.

A lot of the names that get mentioned like Manhoef and Arlovski just have very aggressive styles and end up eating big shots as a result.

Corey Anderson does look increasingly like he has a pretty weak chin though.

He caught him behind the ear and you know it. That, and he wasn't out.

LOL@ accusing fighters of having a glass jaw after they've been KO'd by a perfect punch. Some of those mentioned have questionable jaws, but Benevidez because of the MM KO? Bitch please.

I remember when keyboard warrior retard threads like this would be an automatic IP ban. I kind of long for those days.
{<BJPeen}

He caught him behind the ear and you know it. That, and he wasn't out.

Behind the year is a structural strong point. It's at the base of the skull where it joins the jaw. Impact at that location is dampened by the nearby jaw muscles. The illusion that Nate has a strong chin was perpetuated by him constantly facing smaller weak strikers who have no KO power. You put him against a real KO artist like Rumble and he'll get KTFO so fast.

You're getting glass confused with getting knocked-out/ rocked. Yeah, Duffee has a known glass-jaw, he's been KOed quite a bit by shots of suspect strength.

Benavidez- no way. If he had a glass jaw, Dodson would have got him. It was just a great well-timed strike by MM, who is one of the few FLWs who finish very often.

JJ- nah, she got rocked, it happens to pretty much everyone. Even a low skilled fighter can throw a good strike now and again.

Glass Jaws in MMA- Duffee, Mutante, good ol' Charlie Brenammen, kinda Corey Anderson, and Vinny Magalhaes.

Back