Kim Kardashian Bullied on Twitter for Braiding her Hair

Philo-Publius

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Self-important liberal extremism strikes again...

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-4...&ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_campaign=bbcnews

_102154195_gettyimages-978686238.jpg

The reality TV star said she chose the style because her daughter North asked her to.

The 37-year-old wore her hair in Fulani braids at the MTV Movie and TV Awards on Saturday.

She faced some backlash on social media with one Twitter user writing: "You've literally become the face of cultural appropriation in America."

My questions...
  • Is the fact that she's married to a black man also "cultural appropriation?" Exactly where is all of this headed?
  • Kim Kardashian isn't exactly entirely "white" (her father was Armenian), but can't all human ancestry be traced back to Africa?
  • Why is it that SJW's claim braids originated in Africa when some sources claim they originated in Greece? Should it really be the Greeks that are angry about this?

Last edited:
No one who matters gives a fuck.

Warroom------->

You know this social justice thing's gone too far when they attack you even after you've sucked like 100 black dicks. Whatever you think of her she's paid her dues

Normally I don't give Kim a second look when I see her on social media. But she's looking pretty damn fine in that pic.

Self-important liberal extremism strikes again...

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-4...&ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_campaign=bbcnews

_102154195_gettyimages-978686238.jpg

My questions...
  • Is the fact that she's married to a black man also "cultural appropriation?" Exactly where is all of this headed?
  • Kim Kardashian isn't exactly entirely "white" (her father was Armenian), but can't all human ancestry be traced back to Africa?
  • Why is it that SJW's claim braids originated in Africa when some sources claim they originated in Greece? Should it really be the Greeks that are angry about this?

EDIT: I meant to post this in the War Room. Mods can you please move it? Thanks!

Most people don't care.

People basically are conditioned to live in a group of a couple hundred people, max. To your stupid monkey brain, 200 people feels like the entire world. The problem with Twitter (all social media, really), is that you can find not just 200, but thousands of idiots, who believe anything.

In reality, a tiny, tiny minority of people give a shit about cultural appropriation, and an even smaller minority actually think that braiding your hair is cultural appropriation, but when thousands of people tweet about it, our stupid monkey brains interpret that as an entire universe of people who care about this shit, when almost every human being you will meet in your day-to-day life won't give two fucks about what Kim Kardashian does with her hair.

So my answer is this isn't headed anywhere. This is fringe shit, the most lefty of leftists doing weird purity tests. The only reason the media reports on this is because they know they can get clicks from people with a mad-on for SJWs.

Most people don't care.

People basically are conditioned to live in a group of a couple hundred people, max. To your stupid monkey brain, 200 people feels like the entire world. The problem with Twitter (all social media, really), is that you can find not just 200, but thousands of idiots, who believe anything.

In reality, a tiny, tiny minority of people give a shit about cultural appropriation, and an even smaller minority actually think that braiding your hair is cultural appropriation, but when thousands of people tweet about it, our stupid monkey brains interpret that as an entire universe of people who care about this shit, when almost every human being you will meet in your day-to-day life won't give two fucks about what Kim Kardashian does with her hair.

So my answer is this isn't headed anywhere. This is fringe shit, the most lefty of leftists doing weird purity tests. The only reason the media reports on this is because they know they can get clicks from people with a mad-on for SJWs.

This is a good post.

Normally I don't give Kim a second look when I see her on social media. But she's looking pretty damn fine in that pic.
Yeah. Jealousy is obviously one motivation here.

Most people don't care.

I don't buy that. We hear about cultural appropriation more and more. There was a burrito business that was forced to close in Washington State because they were bombarded with accusations of cultural appropriation. There are probably other philosophies that were unpopular once upon a time that you could say are "movements" today because masses of impressionable people adopted those beliefs due to the publicity. Sometimes a spark becomes a flame.

Last edited:
I don't buy that. We hear about cultural appropriation more and more. There was a burrito business that was forced to close in Washington State because they were bombarded with accusations of cultural appropriation. There are probably other philosophies that were unpopular once upon a time that you could say are "movements" today because masses of impressionable people adopted those beliefs due to the publicity. Sometimes a spark becomes a flame.

I think people need to weather the storm and just tell these lunatics to fuck off whenever they start this game up

What are they gonna do to kim and her hair

Also we live in america which they call a melting pot. We are supposed to be integrated and enjoy each others shit .... I remember years back you were a racist if you didnt like other peoples culture and now you are an asshole if you do

Who can keep up with this noise

"Kim Kardashian bullied on twitter"

I'm not even going to read the OP and just say: good. I am glad she is being harassed on twitter. I hardly care why.

So, when can we expect all weave wearing morons to stop sewing Korean people's DNA into their heads?
658d20090686b14b80b2635b53a238e6.jpg

I'm so overwhelmed by all the other stories of White Guilt, that I don't think I give a fuck.

I concede the point that the idea of cultural appropriation has become more mainstream, but our sense of what is mainstream is fundamentally distorted by social media, for the same reason that child abductions have been decreasing for years but parents are more terrified than ever of letting their children roam free; the internet gives us information overload on the potential dangers.

Our brains are not good at dealing with the scale of information that modern media makes available to it. Don't forget that people are optimized to live in a small, tribal society.

Let's consider some examples. Don't forget that if 1 out of 1000 people cares about cultural appropriation, that is still 325,000 people in America who will go berserk on someone for being white while cooking burritos wrong. If it's 1 out of 100, that's 3,250,000 people in America who will scream at an Armenian woman for putting her hair in braids! Remember also that SJW types trend towards being 1)younger 2)college-attending 3)female, all of which is indicative of an increased presence on social media, which makes them seem more common than they are.

A few hundred thousand to a few million people in America, if they are active on social media, can create a massive shitstorm which can obliterate anyone vulnerable to reputation damage, especially if the attack becomes coordinated, which it often will; social media is great at coordinating online harassment, and even at coordinating protests in person. This is despite the fact that such overwhelming numbers would only represent 0.1% to 1% of the population; an almost entirely fringe opinion!

I will repeat this till I am blue in the face; we are not mentally equipped to handle a social attack from thousands of people. It is mentally overwhelming and people go into survival mode and capitulate when they don't need to, because it feels like the world is against them.

Now, there is another interesting aspect to this identified by Nassim Taleb on how an intrasingent minority can actually shift the majority's position, simply by being intolerant dickheads. I recommend reviewing his article on this: . So if there is a change, we need to understand that it is likely being driven not by a growing plurality who believe in cultural appropriation, but by an active minority who are seeking to impose their view of the world on a largely passive majority.

Last edited:
I guess African Americans shouldn’t straighten their hair? Or use electricity? I dunno.

Who can keep up with this noise

Not me. I got shit to do. Like send dick pics.

Having a multicultural world is a beautiful thing to me. Variety is the spice of life and such, what not. If someone likes certain aspects of another culture and wants to adopt and embrace them they're free to do so. On the flip side of that are these folks that are offended when that is done. Those people, in my opinion, have too much time on their hands and expel energy on the wrong tasks.

Back