Kid McCoy's Last Stand ...against Sherdog.

Kid was a legend.
F letyourtrollhands go.

ok, that means you're not serious. good.

I will also say that ppl think Mercer losing to Kimbo is a blow to boxing. If that's true then Kimbo beating Shamrock must be a heavy blow to MMA.
Kimbo isn't an mma fighter. Hes a street fighter.

I don't think a bunch of old guys beating up on each other is a blow to anything except their own brain function.

I never understood how a 45 year old fat boxer getting beat up in MMA was somehow considered relevant by anybody.

Conor McGregor is the most boxing-oriented MMA fighter isn't he? He's been doing pretty well.

But this Seano guy is going all buck-wild on my thread.

cubegun.jpg

I don't think a bunch of old guys beating up on each other is a blow to anything except their own brain function.

I never understood how a 45 year old fat boxer getting beat up in MMA was somehow considered relevant by anybody.

Conor McGregor is the most boxing-oriented MMA fighter isn't he? He's been doing pretty well.

Plus many other examples of mma fighters with boxing backgrounds that have done really well.

So is Alex Gus.

Fuck it i want McGregor to win now so i can go to the heavies and claim a boxer is champ

So is Alex Gus.

Fuck it i want McGregor to win now so i can go to the heavies and claim a boxer is champ

Aldo has pretty good boxing for MMA though, he trains with the Cuban boxing team

So is Alex Gus.

Ill Back up that troll thread nice for the lolz

If you want you can also add a failed boxer

Plus many other examples of mma fighters with boxing backgrounds that have done really well.

It can only help. Especially since a lot of MMA guys come from wrestling backgrounds and really can't punch that effectively. Conor is a high-profile guy that has shown that boxing works in MMA, obviously along with building his other skills too.

So is Alex Gus.

I've been rooting for Conor McGregor because he's a boxer-MMA fighter in a world of wrestlers.

How's he been beating guys? Largely with his hands. He actually throws solid combos and has a good punch selection. Not exactly textbook by boxing standards, but MMA is a different sport.

mcgregor-knockout.gif

adP2h1S_zpsmpdqmmi3.gif~original

These dudes are jelly Kid pooped on their faces so often. His trolling was a thing of beauty, an art to say the least.

He picked Hatton over Floyd and I forgive him for that. He had a dedication to the sport that I have never came across again. He knew shit tons about boxers other people would label irrelevant. It was astounding to say the least.

At the job I had in the IT feild. A dude saw me on Sherdog one day and was like " that's crazy, I post there too. What's your username.?"

"Kid McCoy, I got banned and just lurk now" I say this with straight face dead serious.

"oh shit! I lurk boxing fourm sometimes, that's insane bro! I thought you were some old white guy"

"nah son, its me"

Lol I never told that guy the truth it was awesome.

That was a nice left hand that McGregor landed to finish off Mendes. Never noticed that the first time I watch their fight and I don't think I've seen it since. Good punch.

Kid McCoy was great. Loved reading his stuf on the old-time boxers. Didn't mind his MMA trolling; it was kind of fun.

Missed the incident that led to him being banned and I don't think the thread(s) still exist. Gutting.

That was a nice left hand that McGregor landed to finish off Mendes. Never noticed that the first time I watch their fight and I don't think I've seen it since. Good punch.

People say Mendes was tired, which is obviously true, but I don't think that's why he got caught with that punch. He just believed he was out of McGregor's range. That's why he dropped his hands, not out of exhaustion, but because he thought he had a safe distance between them to take a breather. McGregor has a crazy reach for that weight division, and a pretty solid 1-2 with a little hop to close the distance.

Those frontkicks to the stomach took a lot out of Mendes too, imo. Thing I love about Conor is his movement, it's really a pretty thing to watch how he controls distance.

Thing I see too often is him getting hit with shots he probably shouldn't be getting hit with. Kind of ironic that he's so good at maintaining the distance he wants but also finds himself getting caught with clean shots a good amount of the time.

I think he's so offensive minded and his chin is so good that he sometimes forgets that he's sticking in the pocket too long. Other than that he's a really good striker and definitely a well above average boxer for mma standards. He's gonna have a hell of a time grappling with Aldo, though. Aldo's a legit beast on the ground, he just hasn't bothered to show much of it.

Don't know who this dude was, but he seems like he left a legacy of sorts. What he get banned for?

People say Mendes was tired, which is obviously true, but I don't think that's why he got caught with that punch. He just believed he was out of McGregor's range. That's why he dropped his hands, not out of exhaustion, but because he thought he had a safe distance between them to take a breather. McGregor has a crazy reach for that weight division, and a pretty solid 1-2 with a little hop to close the distance.

I think that's a very fair observation, Nac.

Excessive trolling of the heavies I think. I dont know, I just know the legend.

I think limiting the amount of users there was by design more than anything. Pretty sure when Tam started up the site a half dozen years ago or so the site was invite only. That's how I remember it at least.

As a mod at nobs it isn't invite only. But it isn't like the heavies here where 673737373 people make the same thread.

Don't know who this dude was, but he seems like he left a legacy of sorts. What he get banned for?

A user called Leturhandsgo, major anti-boxing troll, reported him for being a meanie. Mods jumped at the chance and finished him.

Those frontkicks to the stomach took a lot out of Mendes too, imo. Thing I love about Conor is his movement, it's really a pretty thing to watch how he controls distance.

Thing I see too often is him getting hit with shots he probably shouldn't be getting hit with. Kind of ironic that he's so good at maintaining the distance he wants but also finds himself getting caught with clean shots a good amount of the time.

I think he's so offensive minded and his chin is so good that he sometimes forgets that he's sticking in the pocket too long. Other than that he's a really good striker and definitely a well above average boxer for mma standards. He's gonna have a hell of a time grappling with Aldo, though. Aldo's a legit beast on the ground, he just hasn't bothered to show much of it.

I'm sure you're right, I think Mendes may have been more aware of his distance if he wasn't thinking about the two kicks to the gut he just took.

McGregor needs to take less punishment because once his chin is cracked, there may be no going back. Eventually a shot will land just right and it won't matter how good his chin is.

As a mod at nobs it isn't invite only. But it isn't like the heavies here where 673737373 people make the same thread.

Maybe it's more open now, Sun, but wasn't it invite only when Tam started it? Or something similar that put limits on who went over there?

Anti-MMA/Homophobic trolling. After Mercer iced Sylvia he wouldn't stop trolling MMA fans, but especially in the lead up to Couture-Toney, he was lucky to have gotten away with it for that long.

Bloodyknux took some knowledgeable boxing fans, too. Not sure if that site is still around.

A user called Leturhandsgo, major anti-boxing troll, reported him for being a meanie. Mods jumped at the chance and finished him.

Anti-MMA/Homophobic trolling. After Mercer iced Sylvia he wouldn't stop trolling MMA fans, but especially in the lead up to Couture-Toney, he was lucky to have gotten away with it for that long.

Oh yeah, I know that leturhandsgo guy, he comes in here and talks shit sometimes. Thanks for the info guys. He sounds kind of funny, hope he was a good troll atleast

Maybe it's more open now, Sun, but wasn't it invite only when Tam started it? Or something similar that put limits on who went over there?
It was always open when I posted there. I tried to recruit people to post over there but got turned down a lot when people realized it was Tamtams site.

He sure knew how to piss off the masses in the Heavyweights/Contenders... got old after a while, tho.

I'll have to take your guys' word for it I guess and this wouldn't be the first time my old ass memory was playing tricks on me.

Horse shit....

he was a pioneer of the HW division and that's the only accolade I will give him.

Failure to defend over hand rights, a good sprawl and jab doesn't make you a great fighter...

Thats more than a lot of the top HW's today have, and its not like he was getting hit with a right hand from bums.

On topic Kid seemed ridiculously informative when he wasnt trolling.

I mostly loomed in threads when kid was in his hay day. Started posting regularly about a year before he got banned.

Mc paul invited me over to nobs and swept me off my feet with a birthday thread over there. I like it there it's just usually dead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back